Fivearts.org

Author Topic: 五运六气 Wǔyùn liùqì - What School is Appropriate for study ?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Today I made a query about some special subject concerning an Ancient Theory of Energy Circulation ..  Wǔyùn liùqì ..
My old  friend @ren and  I have some different views inside our researches  .. still the most of these are just the same ..!!
My asking was placed as: Which of our studies is the most appropriate for studying..?
I favour my own material of study === Ti Self  line
Rens Material of study                     === Ying Other line

A-"46-SHENG means pushing upward. The classical commentaries used the image of a spring sprout finally broke through the soil and its stem was now proudly growing above the soil and was reaching ever higher. "
B-"Friendly invitation for challenges "

What is your opinion please ?

I will continue  ..

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:15:58 AM by Tientai »

Offline Gmuli

Re: 五运六气 Wǔyùn liùqì - What School is Appropriate for study ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 10:23:59 AM »
Well... Its the same branch, isn't it? : )
(self and other = chou).
Also supported by month, so I would read it that both are valid and working somewhat.

Yet then it comes to how we read Tombs.
If we consider that the Earth branches iwll fall in the Day Branch Chen, even if they aren't moving, then both of these aren't as good as something else out there(whatever Chen represents).
And if we look at it as progression, Chou as the darkest earth, moving to Chen at the end of spring - so possibly something better.

If we don't consider they will fall into Chen, then just equally valid.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 07:13:08 PM »
Today I made a query about some special subject concerning an Ancient Theory of Energy Circulation ..  Wǔyùn liùqì ..
My old  friend @ren and  I have some different views inside our researches  .. still the most of these are just the same ..!!
My asking was placed as: Which of our studies is the most appropriate for studying..?

I favour my own material of study === Ti Self  line
Rens Material of study                     === Ying Other line
A-"46-SHENG means pushing upward. The classical commentaries used the image of a spring sprout finally broke through the soil and its stem was now proudly growing above the soil and was reaching ever higher. "

B-"Friendly invitation for challenges "

I Guess both of these researches are equal and is worth for appropriate research...!!
Hexagram 46 SHENG is much explainable  ...
Lower trigram shun wind - wood resembles a sprout is trying to move upwards, but what it needs is to be feeded and only Earth (Kun Earth - Upper trigram ) can provide nourishment (nutrient substances. .).
Surely if we collaborate on this subject something much better can come about ..
Of course we need the helping hand of @Gmuli .. for his technical skulls. .
Will continue   ..

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 09:57:25 AM »
Even if I had a good reasons on start creating and developing this project ( due to unmoving lines ) there isn't any interest for cooperation  .. !!!

-"Friendly invitation for challenges " - suspended...
Proverb: ".. if you want to see the Stars you must raise your head "

I will try privately on it ..!!

thanks .. :'(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 10:09:46 AM by Tientai »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 11:50:25 AM »
Even if I had a good reasons on start creating and developing this project ( due to unmoving lines ) there isn't any interest for cooperation  .. !!!

-"Friendly invitation for challenges " - suspended...
Proverb: ".. if you want to see the Stars you must raise your head "

I will try privately on it ..!!

thanks .. :'(

I need more time.
Started working on a calculator, its based, currently, on "study of daoist acupuncture ", but I plan to add all possible sources of the system, so we can compare the results and see if something will work as provided.
But there is a lot going on right now, so I'm not sure how fast it will be going. When I have some ideas will post! : )
And when calculator is ready will send you link, but may need some time, too much stuff going on even without the global stuff there as well. : )

Then when we figure out what works best we can post a summary here, so to save people a lot of time going through all the material.

Offline ren

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 06:55:36 PM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:14:58 PM by ren »
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 08:52:07 PM »
I have a problem with the method so far(from the "study of daoist accupuncture", but it seems in all other sources as well).

From what I see it seems they are using Stem and Branch of the year.

The problem with that is that all maps we can see will be exactly the same as 60 years ago. So 1960, the map is exact as 2020. And 1959 same as it was 2019.

And in both years there was no big epidemic at all. There is no info for small ones either. Here is a list we can use to check:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

2,720    United States of America    1949       Poliomyelitis    [98]
3,145    United States of America    1952       Poliomyelitis    [98]
2,000,000    Worldwide    1957–1958    Asian flu    Influenza A virus subtype H2N2    [103]
   Worldwide    1961–1975    Seventh cholera pandemic    Cholera (El Tor strain)    [66]
500,000,000    Worldwide    1877–1977       Smallpox    [104][105][106][107]
1,000,000    Worldwide    1968–1969    Hong Kong flu    Influenza A virus subtype H3N2    [103]
5    Netherlands    1971       Poliomyelitis    [108]

There are some that end 1958, and one start 1961, but exactly these 2 years there was nothing.
And the map should be the same as last year and the current one.

Suggesting that whatever  is used to predict what is happening now and what happened in the past decades it can't be this. It needs to have location and it needs more then stem and branch of the year, as if we only use this either we will expect a pandemic 1959/1960 and there will be none, or we will expect nothing now and we will be surprised.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 10:38:22 AM »
I agree I think, no point of calculator as we will work with only one or two maps anyway.

So here it is for the first few parts of it from Study of Daoist Acupuncture.

-- picture requested to be deleted (Reply #11) --

Lets follow the instructions, as that is usually wise with new system.

First the periods seems favorable, as the Guest is producing the host.
Then the year is excessive(meaning yang stem), but it is restrained by the Heaven Governing Qi element. Meaning that is favorable as well.

So far nothing suggesting bad weather, next stem would be the health part, however I already have a lot of doubts.

Lets see how it will work, if people want to participate relate that to other sources, tell me if I missed something and overall lets get some discussion going on the rules of all these. Its made ina hurry so calculations may be off, also worth rechecking with other sources.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »
Hi Ren and Gmuli .. thanks for responding  ..

I need some time to provide informations and sources for Wǔyùn liùqì  Energy Circulation ...!!
Ren... yes we agree the most with charts you offer .. the only difference is a the place of Heavenly Energy / Energy benauth Earth .!                                                  !
best regards
Tt.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 09:29:05 AM »

Offline ren

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 01:56:42 AM »
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 10:32:06 AM »