Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Quiz 21- A person asking for his own disease  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Quiz 21- A person asking for his own disease
« on: March 31, 2018, 09:19:56 PM »

The Man who asking for divination is 80 yrars old ...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:27:57 PM by Tientai »

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quiz 21- A person asking for his own disease
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:45:52 PM »
ANSWER OF QUIZ

此公寿逾八旬,占病得此.
The common age of him will go beyond 80 years , from divination time.
或曰:世临日辰,当权得令,又有寅木生之,应不药而愈。
Huo said: Self yao facing Day EB [lin ] , hold the power suitable for season,  also there is yin wood [ moving ] , also no Medicine and no recovery [is seen ..  ]
余曰:过十八壬戌日,则无碍矣。
Master Yu said: when he reach exactly 80 years [birthdate ] on ren xu ( 59 .. of 60 cycle ) Day , then he will have no hindering [ to hold him in life..!!! ].
已果卒于壬戌日寅时。
Indeed afterwards he died  at ren xu day and on Yin wood [3 - 5 a.m. ] time .
或问:卦旺极,何所见而断其戌日之危也?
Huo said: this Gua is extremely flourishing , where is seen that you judge that on day Xu is endangering day ?
余曰:正为旺极耳,器满则倾,理之常也,衰极之老人而得全胜之卦,
Yu said: just because of extremely flourishing thats enough, is a tool that completely overturn [ collapse ] by this principle, and with logic also , extreme decline for the Old man , and victory on him by the Gua [hexagram ].
如日将坠而见霞,灯将烬而放亮,岂能久乎?
Just as Day sink and appearing red clouds, the lamp will lead to ashes and light is set off, how can be possible to have long life ?
断壬戌日者,旺火而入墓也,今死寅时者,逢三合也。
Definitely on ren xu day, on flourishing of fire and also entering the tomb [mu ], when reach Yin wood [3-5 a.m] time, there is a chance [of creation of] three alliances (of fire )[san he ].
用临日月休寻伏。
Useful [God ] is linking [lin ] with the day of month and Hiding God [fushen ] on rest [xiu ].
卦无用神,得日月作用神者,不必寻伏神,许之即愈。
The hexagram [in its main corpus ]  don't have any useful God [yong shen ], so looking only in regard  of action of the day of month , need not to search for Hiding God [fu shen ], this could be much promising for recovery.
--------------------------------
伏神衰弱再宜占。
Hiding God [.. on 3rd Self  Officer /ghost yao  ] is weak then one must make once more divination .

凡用神不现,当再占之,前卷伏神章已详注矣。
Yong shen ordinarily not appearing, so must make divination once more, in the first scroll and the chapter of Hiding God [fushen ] must make comprehensive attention.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:28:49 PM by Tientai »

Offline Dao

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:49:45 AM by Dao »

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 06:44:47 PM »
或问:卦旺极,何所见而断其戌日之危也?
Huo said: this Gua is extremely flourishing , where is seen that you judge that on day Xu is endangering day ?
余曰:正为旺极耳,器满则倾,理之常也,衰极之老人而得全胜之卦,
Yu said: just because of extremely flourishing thats enough, is a tool that completely overturn [ collapse ] by this principle, and with logic also , extreme decline for the Old man , and victory on him by the Gua [hexagram ].

Dear Dao and all hi ...

I want to add to this quiz the influence of overall Gua as it belongs to the Li - fire family ...!!!
As our master @JLim mention ...

Hi Dao, only for specific applications do I refer to trigrams and hexagram families.
Such reference is secondary to analysis of the six lines.  What are important for me: Six Kins, Six Gods, Month and Day Branch, and line interactions.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 10:53:45 PM »
Another strange and somewhat arbitrary case. Doubts arise in my mind:

- Does he have a current illness and is the Officer clashed by the Month and hidden??, so perhaps a second divination is suggested. But no one knows about the second divination...
- A San He be formed by the hour of Yin? strange thing when the rules say it is by day/month.
- Just because the subject's qi is thriving and at its peak, does that imply that it will die in the near future?
- The text says that the hexagram has no useful gods. Well, what more useful than the Subject line (additionally the Child and sibling line for health issues) if we want to look at it from a positive point of view, or the Officer if we want to look at it from a negative point of view?

Such as Jlim said in other post:

If the Yong Shen is negatively affected, then it cannot "suddenly" turn auspicious on another date. 

Example:
My client just asked about the prospect for business partnership with an old friend.  Day of casting is Chou Day (Jan 11, 2020) and Chou Month.

Self is Wealth line with Wei Earth, so it's clashed by both Day and Month.  To keep the story simple, other lines are also not auspicious.  Does it turn suddenly positive in Wei month?  Wei is July, which is 6 months away.  Providing that she (my client) could wait, I would not advise her to join with this friend in the future month of July.

In this case it would be similar, not because the Self appears prosperous for day and a month, and overall the hexagram looks auspicious, does not mean that things (suddenly) become negative in future date, so much so that he dies in Xu day.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:57:51 PM by Sacrar »

Offline ren

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 11:57:14 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa