Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Case study: The likelihood of success of a project  (Read 2804 times)

Offline vng

Case study: The likelihood of success of a project
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:10:34 PM »
Dear All,

The question is basically: "Will this project be a success in this year (2018)?". The driving factor / motivation behind this divination is actually to do with monetary reward that comes with the successful completion of the project.

The divination was done on Jan 22, 2018 at 14:30.

===============
Year: You, Month: Chou, Day: Jia/Yin, Void: Yin & Mao

Kan - 29                  Rise - 46
6 Animals Flying Spirit
 Tortoise              Sibling Zi   - - S        Parent  You  - -
 Tiger                 Officer Xu    O           Sibling Hai  - -
 Serpent               Parent  Shen - -          Officer Chou - -
 Qi Lin                Wife    Wu    X  O        Parent  You   - 
 Bird                  Officer Chen  -           Sibling Hai   - 
 Dragon                Child   Yin  - -          Officer Chou - -

6 Clash                   
===============

Gua 29 is inauspicious but Gua 46 is generally an auspicious one so I take it as something bad becoming good. Is it true?

Thanks,
Vince

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Re: Case study: The likelihood of success of a project
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:53:05 PM »

===============

Dear vng ..
According to the reffering day 22 January 2018 .. the correct is :

Year: You, Month: Chou, Day: Jia/Yin, Void: Zi & Chou

Offline vng

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »

===============

Dear vng ..
According to the reffering day 22 January 2018 .. the correct is :

Year: You, Month: Chou, Day: Jia/Yin, Void: Zi & Chou

Oh? I was using Hao Jiang's (but it's Ren's version) and I didn't update his latest code so maybe that's the problem.
So let's use Zi & Chou as Kong Wang. Hmmm self line and Chou month kong wang... that doesn't sound good huh.

Vince

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:28:33 PM »
Oh? I was using Hao Jiang's (but it's Ren's version) and I didn't update his latest code so maybe that's the problem.
So let's use Zi & Chou as Kong Wang. Hmmm self line and Chou month kong wang... that doesn't sound good huh.

Vince

There is a difference in the way Alex calculated empty dates for Jia stem day pillar.
Ren has explained it in the topic, also have switched to traditional way in the latest version.

Offline vng

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:31:53 PM »
Thanks @Gmuli  for the explanation. Care to analyze it?

@JLim, the moderator seems to have moved my topic that I mentioned in the Liu Yao case study area (6 clash with possibly good outcome) - if you still keen to make it into a discussion that is. My main intention was more towards a case study when I posted it but it ended up in divination request, oh well.

Thanks
Vince

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 07:45:15 PM »

I think it may.
There may be problems with money in the summer and some problems with permits/laws/authorities or just male people in the situation.

But eventually both of them move in such a way as to support the Ti line. So maybe in the Autumn?

There is the idea(also from the trigrams relation in the season), that from something that is difficult and take resource it may move to being supportive and giving back...

So I would say it does look beneficial. Although since asset line is clashing Ti originally, in the summer there may be problems with money.

However this is how I would read it if I asked, so don't take it as 100%, just for the exercise. There are some changes that can happen in the lines assignment when someone else asks(are you on Ti, is the project Yong etc.)

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 02:33:12 AM »
@JLim, the moderator seems to have moved my topic that I mentioned in the Liu Yao case study area (6 clash with possibly good outcome) - if you still keen to make it into a discussion that is. My main intention was more towards a case study when I posted it but it ended up in divination request, oh well.
Hi Vince, I was the one who move it, because it suits this board better.

Hi Gmuli, I just noticed that your changed hexagram only shows the changed lines, instead of all lines.  Personally, I like it better this way!

Offline vng

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 05:39:41 AM »
Thanks very much for the pointers and interpretation @Gmuli !

Noted @JLim, thanks.

Zi (self line) clashes Wu (other/wealth) but Wu changes to You and You produces self. So this is something that turns from bad to good I suppose. However, Wu also break You, is this the part that says problems with the wealth/money? Maybe the amount was not as much as expected kind of situation?

Month Chou also overcomes self and harms Wu wealth. Not good for self and wealth.

Officer line in self place overcoming self is not good, officer combining with Wu wealth.
It then changes to Hai competitor/partner/friend so officer finally gives the way forward / proceed. Hmm I thought officer moving is bad?
I note that Xu officer still overcomes Hai.

So many elements are overcoming self, I can see the self line started in a quite difficult position.

Well that's about it that I can make sense of it, given my kindergarten level of understanding.

Thanks
Vince

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »
@vng .. hi..

But must be known:
1. the country is made the divination....
2. If tossing coins is made for second time with the same question. !!
3. Your mendality is focused centrally on promotion or to gain money ?.. perhaps there exist both but which is the primary and the other could be secondary ??

*.You can tossing coins 2 more times on the same question if this is the first one ... for much  better combined comprehensive analysis on these Hexagrams ...
TIENTAI
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:36:24 AM by Tientai »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »
vng: Yea, it seems difficult around summer(fire), but then it turns around and start to support Ti line. But it does seem unobtainable for Zi right now and in the next few months, so there may be problems with money/asset line.
Even more so if we count the Fire thrine/combination going on, so in the summer it may be challenging or seem like it is falling apart...  But something from that may be beneficial later, like even if it falls apart the experience gathered will be useful later on(experience/knowledge since the You/Metal is resource - knowledge etc. then people you met there or changes in you can be beneficial in winter since Water/Sibling etc.).

Jlim: Thanks, I wanted to add different ways to view the result. And this one does seem more clearer. : )

Offline vng

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 02:20:15 PM »
But must be known:
1. the country is made the divination....
2. If tossing coins is made for second time with the same question. !!
3. Your mendality is focused centrally on promotion or to gain money ?.. perhaps there exist both but which is the primary and the other could be secondary ??

Hi @Tientai
1. Country: Indonesia
2. I thought once is better? Besides, reading three hexagrams would be 3x the work?
3. True motivation is financial / money gain but when I toss the coins I did focus on successful completion of the project (which automatically provides financial gain).

Thanks
Vince