Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Some thoughts on Qi Men Dun Jia History  (Read 1642 times)

Gmuli

Some thoughts on Qi Men Dun Jia History
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »
The forum hasn't been very active lately, so I decided to try to wake some of it up.
For that I will post some historical info about QMDJ and see where we can fit it in...

By the Fair Use agreement we are allowed(and even expected) to post parts of books in forums for reviewing and study purposes.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use)
Outside of US that is often called "Fair dealing"(more info in the same link below)

Still if someone has problem with that material in the open feel free to PM a moderator and we can delete that part. : )

Lets start with a little history from Jack Chius book.

While the Emperor(Xuan-Yuan) Huang-Di was blaming himself for not defeating the devious Chi-You after numerous battles,six fairies on clouds of five colors descended from the sky and told the Emperor that they were send by the Maiden Warrior of the Northern High Sky to deliver the Scrolls of Dun-Jia & Yin-Fu. The scrolls revealed the auspiciousness of Heaven and Earth via the Trigrams. (The scrolls also) help identify changes of winds, clouds and thus the weather, the eclipses of the Sun and the Moon based upon the order of Yin and Yang, the ascending and descending of stars and hence the wins or losses of events related to mankind.(The Scrolls revealed) the technique of handling changes. The Emperor knelt for a long while accepting the Scrolls.

The emperor then opened the Scrolls and found 3 volumes of the Scrolls of Yin-Fu. The first volume introduced immortality. The second volume described governing of a nation. The third volume outlined the art of war. Dun-Jia(as in the third volume) was in fact the technique developed and used by the Maiden Warrior of the Northern High Sky. After mastering the methods and techniques from the Scrolls, the Emperor eventually defeated Chi-you."

This is one of the legends regarding Ji Men Dun Jia(JMDJ in short) and is quoted from Liu-Yin Dong-Wei Dun-Jia Zhen-Jing or the Authentic Scrolls of Dun-Jia by ZHAO Pu, the first Imperial Prime Minister of the SONG Dynasty.The Authentic Scrolls of Dun-Jia is one of the archives in Zheng-Tong Dao Zang or the Authentic Dao's Collections.

Chinese characters are in the book, along with more history. Its interesting book.

I like this idea. While most present day historians will consider it a legend(be that in official archives or not), I like the idea of outside origin of the system and that somewhat it was made for a specific purpose(the historical event of a specific battle).

Looking at it in this way its like the system was made just for that, so it holds a lot of Images that were fixed, Jia was the Emperor, Geng was the enemy, Yi was Emperors sister etc.
In that way we look for Geng to see where problems can come up(something that seems unfair in BaZi, yet very sensible in QMDJ) and we would look where the 3 nobles are for where the beneficial influence is. Also very far from where the other system would look from/at.

The idea is that in this way we do use the system somewhat out of context. It would be interesting to see if we can go deeper into that and try to see if there was a reason Jia was the Emperor. While Jia is very suited for that by itself, there may have been even more to it.

So I thought I should check the life story of the Yellow Emperor. If the system was indeed made for him, then there would be more evidence of that.

He was born in 2711 BC, according to wikipedia.
Can that year be accurate so many years back?
No idea, but as that is what we have, lets try to see if coming from it can lead to something.

Now, while from what we know there were changes in the calendar(during Song dynasty, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_dynasty) there seems to be the idea that that changes were only related to the Months. The days seems to be continues array of numbers and maybe same counts for the years.

So lets look back 4730 years and try to find out if the Yellow Emperor was born in a Jia year.
If he was, that would make the system even more tailored to him, as we use the Year Stem to find a person on the map, and if the Emperor year stem was Jia then we can say that there is more to it then just the Images of Jia related to leader or emperor.

The problem could be that 4730 years ago is too far from most bazi calculators, as the windows calendar libraries wouldn't support it. But we can calculate it manually.

If someone wants they can follow along. Lets open a Notepad or other text editor(better notepad plus its free in the net and its much better)

There we can past this code:

<script>
var stems = ["", "甲","乙","丙","丁","戊","己","庚","辛","壬","癸"];
var stemspinyin = ["", "Jia","Yi","Bing","Ding","Wu","Ji","Geng","Xin","Ren","Gui"];
var currentyearstem = 6;//as 2019 is Ji year and we start from now
var currentyear = 2019; //the year itself

for(var i=0;i<4731;i++){//we make 4731 steps

document.write("<br>"+currentyear + " is " + stems[currentyearstem] + " " + stemspinyin[currentyearstem]);
//We show the year and its stem

currentyearstem = currentyearstem-1; //we go back one stem
currentyear-=1; //we go back one year
if (currentyearstem==0){currentyearstem=10} //if the stem is 0 we make it Gui
}

</script>

I can go through it line by line, but in short it will list all years from now to 4730 years ago and it will show what stems they had.

For that we save it with some name and .html(text.html for example) and we open it with our favorite browser.
(may be slow if your machine is very slow)

Of course, there are shorter and faster ways, but this looks nice.

-2703 is 丁 Ding
-2704 is 丙 Bing
-2705 is 乙 Yi
-2706 is 甲 Jia
-2707 is 癸 Gui
-2708 is 壬 Ren
-2709 is 辛 Xin
-2710 is 庚 Geng
-2711 is 己 Ji
Doing this we can find that the year the Yellow Emperor was born is supposed to be Ji year.
(another possible year in the net would be  2704 BC and that would be Bing here)

Suggesting that either the Images related to Jia are enough to represent an Emperor, or that the year he was born in isn't accurate in the records.

However, he started his rule in 2696 BC.
And that is Jia. : )
(from here https://www.chinasage.info/early-dynasties.htm)

Of course, all this is just a possible scenarios. Maybe there was more to it, maybe the reasoning was different or historians were right and it was human made system... In any case, was curious to look into and decided to share it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:30:47 AM by Gmuli »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Re: Some thoughts on Qi Men Dun Jia History
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 07:40:37 PM »
Doing this we can find that the year the Yellow Emperor was born is supposed to be Ji year.
(another possible year in the net would be  2704 BC and that would be Bing here)

Suggesting that either the Images related to Jia are enough to represent an Emperor, or that the year he was born in isn't accurate in the records.

However, he started his rule in 2696 BC.
And that is Jia. : )
(from here https://www.chinasage.info/early-dynasties.htm)
I see a combination between Ji Year Pillar and Jia Annual Pillar.  Ji may represent power that encompasses a country because it's in the Year.

Well, that's the Bazi perspective, and this is actually a QMDJ topic

Offline Milla

Re: Some thoughts on Qi Men Dun Jia History
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 08:36:39 PM »
Very interesting research.
by the way, I think that the year of Ji is very suitable, because it is known as the Yellow Emperor. The color of the Ji is yellow. I wonder what branch it was, maybe a snake (Si).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:42:06 PM by Milla »