Fivearts.org

Author Topic: career advice  (Read 2659 times)

Offline aeonrel

Re: career advice
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2023, 04:46:50 PM »
Hey @ding28 ,

This is exactly what I felt right now :(
Actually I've been planning to launch my own brand for a long time.. but deep down inside I have this thought that I have bad luck in doing business ::) so I always hesitate to try new things. But this time I'm trying my best to out from my comfort zone. Hopefully with hard work this could lead to success.

I have been encouraged by another forum member to share your chart for reference. Attached to this reply is my explanation on the sinusoidal effect of your wealth luck. You can ignore it if you are not interested in the inner workings of Bazi and just want the answers. There are obviously other things happening in the chart that is not related to wealth, but I did not highlight them as your question is focused on your business.

Side tidbit: Having more of one element coming into your chart through the years and months is not a guaranteed good outcome for those areas of life. As evidenced from your chart, more wealth coming in may end up creating worse luck, depending on the interaction outcome of the 5 elements.

If you don't mind me asking, I met a bazi practitioners few years ago, she said that i have this travelling horse star in the next time block
Does that mean that i might be relocating or perhaps travelling related to work?

Travelling horse is a Shen Sha 神煞 terminology in Bazi. The Bazi school I use disregards 神煞 because it views it as a derivative concept of the core five elements interaction, so it offers only a possibility, not a confirmation. But if you wish to understand its application: the travelling horse in question here is the 寅. It is derived from your 辰 based on fixed traditional Bazi rules. With 辰 in your year pillar and 寅 in your Day Pillar, the resultant prediction is that you will leave your hometown during adulthood - perhaps this is when you moved from Hong Kong to Surabaya? 寅 appears again in your next time block, which suggest there will be some movement in your life, but it does not indicate exactly for what purpose. I can only use logic that since this business venture seems to be quite significant to you, it might probably be for work.

2034 has also another 寅, on top of the 10-year block's 寅, so such a strong travelling fate suggest relocation instead of a short travel. I will back it up with my Bazi calculation whereby it is also a 甲 year, and 甲 is your Day Master. So some month will damage your 甲 in the annual pillar, causing chained harm to the Day Master itself, meaning it will be a stressful year. Since relocating is a stressful event, this 2 fates may be linked this way.

There is another travelling horse 申, derived from having 寅 in your Day Pillar. 2028 is a 申 year, so on top of the 10-year block's 寅, you have a circumstance where it is double travelling horse again, so relocation is possible. Money loss is very likely as 2028 is also a 戊 year, and again, at months where the 戊 gets hurt, there is a combo loss of wealth with the other 戊 in your natal chart (see attachment for explanation example). So maybe you will be spending extra money for the relocation, if I were to link the two scenarios together.

---

Just remember that all these readings of destiny are just possibilities, not guarantees. For an outcome to come true, it requires 3 components: destiny, feng shui, personal actions. Even when destiny points one direction, you can change course via personal actions (or Feng Shui, if you are interested).

The reasons you might end up travelling for, in the end, may not be as important as whether or not the purpose is successful.

Offline ding28

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2023, 06:09:00 PM »
Hi aeronel,

Sorry for the late reply and thankyou for the detailed explanation :)

I have been encouraged by another forum member to share your chart for reference. Attached to this reply is my explanation on the sinusoidal effect of your wealth luck. You can ignore it if you are not interested in the inner workings of Bazi and just want the answers. There are obviously other things happening in the chart that is not related to wealth, but I did not highlight them as your question is focused on your business.

Side tidbit: Having more of one element coming into your chart through the years and months is not a guaranteed good outcome for those areas of life. As evidenced from your chart, more wealth coming in may end up creating worse luck, depending on the interaction outcome of the 5 elements.

If you don't mind me asking, I met a bazi practitioners few years ago, she said that i have this travelling horse star in the next time block
Does that mean that i might be relocating or perhaps travelling related to work?

Travelling horse is a Shen Sha 神煞 terminology in Bazi. The Bazi school I use disregards 神煞 because it views it as a derivative concept of the core five elements interaction, so it offers only a possibility, not a confirmation. But if you wish to understand its application: the travelling horse in question here is the 寅. It is derived from your 辰 based on fixed traditional Bazi rules. With 辰 in your year pillar and 寅 in your Day Pillar, the resultant prediction is that you will leave your hometown during adulthood - perhaps this is when you moved from Hong Kong to Surabaya? 寅 appears again in your next time block, which suggest there will be some movement in your life, but it does not indicate exactly for what purpose. I can only use logic that since this business venture seems to be quite significant to you, it might probably be for work.

I moved from hongkong to surabaya when i was around 3-4 y.o if i'm not mistaken. I moved out from my parents house when i was 28 when i got pregnant with my daughter. Maybe moving to a new house explain that?

2034 has also another 寅, on top of the 10-year block's 寅, so such a strong travelling fate suggest relocation instead of a short travel. I will back it up with my Bazi calculation whereby it is also a 甲 year, and 甲 is your Day Master. So some month will damage your 甲 in the annual pillar, causing chained harm to the Day Master itself, meaning it will be a stressful year. Since relocating is a stressful event, this 2 fates may be linked this way.

Ah I see, I always dreamed about relocating so I can live close to my sisters when I'm older. Never thought I could get out from here since relocating needs a lot of money to start a new life in another country 😂 Hopefully by 2034 I could save enough and move there so my kids could have better opportunity for their education.

There is another travelling horse 申, derived from having 寅 in your Day Pillar. 2028 is a 申 year, so on top of the 10-year block's 寅, you have a circumstance where it is double travelling horse again, so relocation is possible. Money loss is very likely as 2028 is also a 戊 year, and again, at months where the 戊 gets hurt, there is a combo loss of wealth with the other 戊 in your natal chart (see attachment for explanation example). So maybe you will be spending extra money for the relocation, if I were to link the two scenarios together.

---

Just remember that all these readings of destiny are just possibilities, not guarantees. For an outcome to come true, it requires 3 components: destiny, feng shui, personal actions. Even when destiny points one direction, you can change course via personal actions (or Feng Shui, if you are interested).

The reasons you might end up travelling for, in the end, may not be as important as whether or not the purpose is successful.

Thankyou so much aeronel for your time explaining this for me☺️ I actually never had the confidence in me that I'm capable to build a successful business, since I lost my dad quite early, so I didnt get the guidance that I need. But I will try my best since based on your analysis of my chart the heaven luck is in my favour this year and next year. 😬 Now it just depends on my action to actually make it happen.  :)

Offline ding28

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2023, 05:55:07 AM »
hi @aeonrel

sorry can i ask you one more question?
based on my chart do you think fiber drink / collagen drink (in powder form) also suitable with my element?

Offline aeonrel

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2023, 07:49:46 AM »
Hey @ding28 ,

I moved out from my parents house when i was 28 when i got pregnant with my daughter. Maybe moving to a new house explain that?
Possibly, but personally I feel maybe that is not a strong enough move to justify for it. This general "leave home during adulthood" literally covers the entirety of your adulthood until before old age. So maybe the move hasn't arrived yet. In the end, whether you move or not, to me, it doesn't really matter. As long your life turns out well  :) Unless the anticipation is giving you frustrations, then maybe there is a need to drill deeper.

Ah I see, I always dreamed about relocating so I can live close to my sisters when I'm older. Never thought I could get out from here since relocating needs a lot of money to start a new life in another country 😂 Hopefully by 2034 I could save enough and move there so my kids could have better opportunity for their education.
If you are still active in this forum by then, do return to a note and tell us if that really came true  ;) It will be good to see how accurate our predictions are.

Thankyou so much aeronel for your time explaining this for me☺️ I actually never had the confidence in me that I'm capable to build a successful business, since I lost my dad quite early, so I didnt get the guidance that I need. But I will try my best since based on your analysis of my chart the heaven luck is in my favour this year and next year. 😬 Now it just depends on my action to actually make it happen.  :)
Sorry to hear that about your father  :( A little wasted. Because strong wealth luck also = better relationship with father. If he was around longer, you could have enjoyed that bond more.

All that being said about your business luck though, as I worked out your year-by-year luck up till now, you can see that despite your stronger affinity to running your own business, it does not mean smooth sailing all the way. Having the wealth luck present can help boost or also make it susceptible to clashes/combine. This was the case for your sinusoidal wave. So if you really want to be prepared, perhaps you can try some fortune telling on a yearly basis to preempt the immediate challenges, then you can factor it into your planning to take on more risky business maneuvers or lie low for the year. At least until 2036, where it seems your wealth luck is more stable.

based on my chart do you think fiber drink / collagen drink (in powder form) also suitable with my element?
Wow wee...this is really pushing my capabilities as a Bazi beginner  ;D
So, when it comes to nutrition and health, I think it is a topic more under Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).

Rule of thumb: Bazi should not be used as a first-line diagnostic tool to replace a proper medical assessment. It can offer a 2nd opinion or alternative view as to where the problem lie, especially those symptoms where no matter how the doctors assess / test / treat, it doesn't seems to improve the condition, and the doctors are dumbfounded.

2nd general rule: Processed food, including supplements, are never good as replacement to actual nutrition. Because we can't be sure if the other components / additives / processing conditions will introduce carcinogens. According to 8 Pillars/Branches of TCM, nutrition through fresh food > treatment via massages and acupunctures > taking herbs / medications / supplements. Because collagen powders are processed products, I am a bit wary of taking too much of it in powdered form. I would rather you take it from fresh food.

But, if we just contain the discussion to fiber and collagen drink, here's my rudimentary analysis:
  • Collagen helps skin, tendon, bones, muscles. It cuts across the TCM organs of water, earth, wood and metal. There is a 寅亥 combination in your chart that I did not talked about because it wasn't the focus. But it means naturally the wood energy from 寅 and the water energy from 亥 is lost. The 亥 is also your only water in your natal chart. Also, you have no metal at all in your chart. While your earth is strong, it is susceptible to ups and downs over the years as mentioned. So to me, yes, perhaps the collagen is useful.
  • Fiber drink could be an intake of wood, which as mentioned above, since the 寅 wood is affected, perhaps it helps too.

The whole advice on the food stuff is entirely based on my guess. Please don't take my word for it blindly. Consult a doctor or a TCM therapist for conformation!

Offline ding28

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2023, 08:23:18 AM »
Hey @aeonrel

If you are still active in this forum by then, do return to a note and tell us if that really came true  ;) It will be good to see how accurate our predictions are.

Sure, I will! :)

Sorry to hear that about your father  :( A little wasted. Because strong wealth luck also = better relationship with father. If he was around longer, you could have enjoyed that bond more.

Yep actually I had better relationship with my father, but since my father passed away and my mom got older, she decided to live with me so we had better relationship compared to when I was younger.. Its so devastating to have her left me so soon.

All that being said about your business luck though, as I worked out your year-by-year luck up till now, you can see that despite your stronger affinity to running your own business, it does not mean smooth sailing all the way. Having the wealth luck present can help boost or also make it susceptible to clashes/combine. This was the case for your sinusoidal wave. So if you really want to be prepared, perhaps you can try some fortune telling on a yearly basis to preempt the immediate challenges, then you can factor it into your planning to take on more risky business maneuvers or lie low for the year. At least until 2036, where it seems your wealth luck is more stable.

Ah yes that makes sense ;D I'm prone to get depressed easily, so I'm hoping that I will be able to pass this stress test  ;D

Offline ding28

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2023, 08:29:09 AM »
hi @coldpillow

[/quote]

Things may slow down from 2025 to 2030 (6 years). Earth, fire and metal are strong in those years. Do whatever you can to ensure that your business can adapt better.

If you can survive until 2031, things should get easier from there. The ups and downs may not feel as stressful compared to previous years/decades.
[/quote]

I was thinking about this, because the earth, fire, and metal are strong in those years. Is it possible to reduce the impact??

Online coldpillow

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2023, 02:31:16 PM »

I was thinking about this, because the earth, fire, and metal are strong in those years. Is it possible to reduce the impact??

Your self-element will peak starting from 2026 to 2035. This means you will be strong enough to endure the stress test.

I think it's similar to a big match in competitive sport. Take it one step at a time (thinking about winning a point), don't look too far ahead (thinking about winning the trophy).

If you're a weak DM, it's better to withdraw from the match. Either you will suffer humiliating defeat or get injured from hard work.

Offline ding28

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2023, 07:28:31 PM »

Your self-element will peak starting from 2026 to 2035. This means you will be strong enough to endure the stress test.

I think it's similar to a big match in competitive sport. Take it one step at a time (thinking about winning a point), don't look too far ahead (thinking about winning the trophy).

If you're a weak DM, it's better to withdraw from the match. Either you will suffer humiliating defeat or get injured from hard work.

Hi @coldpillow

Thankyou for your reply :)
Based on my chart, I suppose that I'm a weak DM ?
So its better to lay low during 2026-2035 not taking any risky moves?

Online coldpillow

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2023, 12:42:06 AM »

Yes, you're a weak DM but will be much stronger during that particular period.

Whether prepared or not, the situation may force you to get out of the comfort zone.

The most important thing is awareness before making a big decision. You may take the risk or not according to your calculation.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 12:49:04 AM by coldpillow »

Offline ding28

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2023, 06:27:50 PM »

Yes, you're a weak DM but will be much stronger during that particular period.

Whether prepared or not, the situation may force you to get out of the comfort zone.

The most important thing is awareness before making a big decision. You may take the risk or not according to your calculation.

Hi @coldpillow

Noted, thankyou for your advice.

Yes i just recently start to live streaming for my shop which is wayyy out of my comfort zone😂
I'm actually an introvert person, I feel really uncomfortable to show my self in front of public, but since the business going down, i tried my best to adapt to the current trend.

Its just most of the times my mind goes to the worst case scenario that holding me back.😅

Offline aeonrel

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2023, 04:49:02 AM »
@ding28 ,

Yes i just recently start to live streaming for my shop which is wayyy out of my comfort zone😂
I'm actually an introvert person, I feel really uncomfortable to show my self in front of public, but since the business going down, i tried my best to adapt to the current trend.

Its just most of the times my mind goes to the worst case scenario that holding me back.😅

Uh...the 寅亥 combination in your natal chart hour and day pillar would be the source of your overthinking and introversion.

寅 is your ability/luck with connecting with others, 亥 is your protective thinking.
Combination means loss of 寅 and 亥, leading to weaker connection to others and a detrimental effect from over thinking.

So personally, I think doing live streaming is directly going against this 寅亥 combination, which will be very uncomfortable, challenging and pressurising.
But you can always take it as a training - hard-earned skills for you to springboard to greater heights in the future.

Offline ding28

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2023, 07:59:06 PM »
@ding28 ,

Uh...the 寅亥 combination in your natal chart hour and day pillar would be the source of your overthinking and introversion.

寅 is your ability/luck with connecting with others, 亥 is your protective thinking.
Combination means loss of 寅 and 亥, leading to weaker connection to others and a detrimental effect from over thinking.

So personally, I think doing live streaming is directly going against this 寅亥 combination, which will be very uncomfortable, challenging and pressurising.
But you can always take it as a training - hard-earned skills for you to springboard to greater heights in the future.

Hi @aeonrel

Perhaps you have advice on how can i reduce my overthinking?
It has been torturing me for the last few months.🥲
With my mom passed away and business went down no matter how hard i tried to find a solution, the result just didnt meet my expectation  :( 2023 seems to be the worst year of my life. I feel like a failure  :-\

Offline aeonrel

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2023, 03:54:25 AM »
Hi @ding28 ,

Specific to the live streaming thing, past few months would have been doubly difficult.
July 未, August 申, September 酉 will either drain or clash with the 2023's 卯 branch.
卯 wood is your luck with peers/crowd + natural introversion due to 寅亥, that is why I think live stream is an uphill challenge.

As for general overall overthinking, I think because this year's 癸 (your support - self-reflection, luck with mother) is combined away by your chart's 戊 (you wealth - business luck, pursuit of goals).
It should improve a bit after 2024 Chinese New Year, once 癸 goes away.
Though I must say, 2024 is a 甲 year, which is the exposed branch of your Day Master...so it is an unstable period as well.
So I don't want to over promise, but earliest improvement is getting through 2023, but might go into 2024 as well.
By 2025, things should be better.

That's the problem with Bazi.
It is a time-based system that offers no direct solution, other than waiting for a better time to come again.
So in the event where it seems like you are hitting walls everywhere and you can't wait, or if the right elements will never come, then maybe you can try Feng Shui to boost your environmental luck, or other divination techniques like Liu Yao, WWG, Qi Men, to give you some directions, rather than struggling with the unknown alone.

Or if you are not into the mystical stuff, then you can also rely on pure will-power and bulldoze your way to happiness and success.
It is challenging, but not entirely impossible.

Offline ding28

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2023, 07:41:38 AM »
hi @aeonrel

Specific to the live streaming thing, past few months would have been doubly difficult.
July 未, August 申, September 酉 will either drain or clash with the 2023's 卯 branch.
卯 wood is your luck with peers/crowd + natural introversion due to 寅亥, that is why I think live stream is an uphill challenge.

to be honest this is really challenging, I've gathered all my courage to do live streaming but the result didn't meet my expectation. But I keep doing it anyway.

As for general overall overthinking, I think because this year's 癸 (your support - self-reflection, luck with mother) is combined away by your chart's 戊 (you wealth - business luck, pursuit of goals).
It should improve a bit after 2024 Chinese New Year, once 癸 goes away.
Though I must say, 2024 is a 甲 year, which is the exposed branch of your Day Master...so it is an unstable period as well.
So I don't want to over promise, but earliest improvement is getting through 2023, but might go into 2024 as well.
By 2025, things should be better.

That's the problem with Bazi.
It is a time-based system that offers no direct solution, other than waiting for a better time to come again.
So in the event where it seems like you are hitting walls everywhere and you can't wait, or if the right elements will never come, then maybe you can try Feng Shui to boost your environmental luck, or other divination techniques like Liu Yao, WWG, Qi Men, to give you some directions, rather than struggling with the unknown alone.

Or if you are not into the mystical stuff, then you can also rely on pure will-power and bulldoze your way to happiness and success.
It is challenging, but not entirely impossible.

thankyou for your advice, regarding fengshui to boost my enviromental luck, any advice regarding this?
If I'm not mistaken, some master told me that i need water for my chart so i should add water element like mini fountain perhaps?
2023 really hits me hard.. Yes, it feels like I'm hitting walls everywhere this year. No matter how hard i tried to make situation better, I still fail ::)

Offline aeonrel

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2023, 04:00:10 PM »
@ding28 ,

to be honest this is really challenging, I've gathered all my courage to do live streaming but the result didn't meet my expectation. But I keep doing it anyway.
No worries, some masters say every hardship is a form of life training.
Even if you quit now, later, or pull through it all, there is always something to learn from the journey.

I am personally learning I Ching / WWG now to fill in the gaps that Bazi cannot answer for big decisions.
You can try it, if you have the capacity and interest.

thankyou for your advice, regarding fengshui to boost my enviromental luck, any advice regarding this?
If I'm not mistaken, some master told me that i need water for my chart so i should add water element like mini fountain perhaps?
2023 really hits me hard.. Yes, it feels like I'm hitting walls everywhere this year. No matter how hard i tried to make situation better, I still fail ::)
I don't know enough Feng Shui to advise on this unfortunately...
I think mini fountain will help in small ways, but the suitable placement for such things is not something I have studied yet.