Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Suggestions!  (Read 3276 times)

Offline nilox

Suggestions!
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:12:51 AM »
Hi, if you don't mind, could I share some suggestions to make your calculator even better? :D

1) Mobile friendly. Right now it's quite hard to view on phone, so if there's time on your side perhaps you can look into this part?

2) Symbolic Stars for the additional 4 pillars. Unless they are not supposed to be used?

Thanks!

Offline Voytek

Re: Suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 06:24:06 PM »
Hi,
yes I think this is a good topic idea, thank you nilox.

1. Oh yes, of course.
There are many queries regarding this topic.
In fact the calculator was designed years ago and mostly it was used on computers.
I did some adjustments to phones, in fact I spent many hours on that already.
But the problem is simple, we have 10 columns we usually need to use. Even if we don't compare 2 dates and use only 4 pillars, then still we have 10 pillars for Luck Periods.
My calculator lists all interactions, symbolic stars etc.
Now if somebody told me (or draw it for me), how to make it more compact, then I am grateful.
This is a hard case.
With all the functions I now have and the information the calculator gives, I have no idea how to fit it on phone screen.
So generally user (and I myself) can get the calculation and then use fingers to zoom the view in or out.
But any ideas are welcome.

2. I was pondering on this topic some time ago and after some consultations I came to a conclusion that there is no tradition of using symbolic stars on Life, Conception, Body and Aura Pillars.
If some of you have different experience with that, please tell me.
Technically it is very easy (one line of code), but I think it is not appropriate to list them.

Offline nilox

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 04:03:34 AM »
[Hidden post: You need 20 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]

Offline nilox

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:38:42 AM »
Oh another idea, not sure if it's better or not, but personally I find it difficult to see which tab to click onto if I have several charts opened at the same time.

Maybe a "Name - BaZi Calculator" as the title would be easier for those who need to see multiple charts in the same period of time.

And name first instead of "BaZi - Calculator - Name", simply because when you have a few tabs open, the space to read the title gets shorter and shorter.

:) :) :)

Offline Voytek

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 10:54:42 AM »

Maybe a "Name - BaZi Calculator" as the title would be easier for those who need to see multiple charts in the same period of time.

You got it right away, I've just uploaded a new version. Thanks.

How about two views given to users in mobile mode?
(...)
Mode 2 on the other hand, would simply contain 4 pillars.

About the mobile view... yes, something in this direction would be good. As of now I can promise I will think about it and do some tests... but not soon! Just started a new job and have little free time just now, and that rebuild would really need many hours. But thanks, I know it's important, and you have good ideas.

I was also thinking some time ago about accordion-style view, where almost everything is hidden (besides main chart) and you just click some tabs to get the specific view you want.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:07:07 AM by Voytek »

Offline nilox

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 10:58:27 AM »
Oh congratulations on your new job! :) I will share when more ideas come to me. But for now, that's all I have  ;D ;D

Oh yeah having said all that, do know that your calculator is really useful! Thanks for building it in the first place!  :)

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 04:37:26 PM »
Hi Voytek, when I log in as myself in a public computer, can I retain the same options that I had set the last time of my login? 

Offline Voytek

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 12:28:49 PM »
Hi Voytek, when I log in as myself in a public computer, can I retain the same options that I had set the last time of my login?
Hi!
no, all user options are remembered on every single device, which means you can have different options set on your laptop and mobile. I would leave it this way.

Offline nilox

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 03:44:07 PM »
For those who have not remembered Travelling star, Peach Blossom, etc by heart, would it be a good idea to add to the info section?

Online tyc

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 03:54:07 AM »
Is there any discussion about Shen Sha in this forum?

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 08:09:26 AM »
Hi tyc, it's not much discussed if you look at the search results of the keyword "Shen Sha" (with the quotation marks).  You can start a new topic for that, and we can discuss it.  I studied Shen Sha in depth many years ago, but now have found many of them are not accurate, so I use fewer of them nowadays. 

nilox, bazi-calculator.com includes many Shen Sha, just make sure you have the Extended Symbolic Stars checkbox ticked in the Options section.  You can see all of them listed under each Pillar (Year, Month, Day, Hour), as well as under each Luck Pillar.

Online tyc

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 02:06:59 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline nilox

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »
Thanks!