Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Strength Calculations  (Read 7234 times)

Offline Voytek

Re: Strength Calculations
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 04:26:08 PM »
i'm curious what ren said about calculations in bazi-calculator. ;D

Please welcome my teacher RapaNui :) RapaNui studied with several masters, not only Ken Lai but also Joseph Yu and other masters.
Most knowledge about traditional BaZi I have from you @Rapanui, many thanks to you :)

Offline Voytek

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 04:58:22 PM »
ren, while you're waiting for the others to upgrade their system, please take a look at the attachment if you're interested in a bandage solution.
Nice work, thanks for sharing, I think you could upgrade it a little, depending on which BaZi school you want to use, I think:
- qi phase multipliers (shifting qi depending on season) should be handled,
- different HHS proportions should be used (instead of 1.00 for every HHS),
- most masters also use "ours"/"theirs" band multipliers and excludes DM which is treated as a reference point.
Well, it's a long story and really every master has his own method, but for simple calculations the above are still necessary :)

Online tyc

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 07:55:37 PM »
Thanks, I have thought about it.  In the end, I just want to keep things simple.  Besides only 5elements (ignoring polarity), why bother to go into specific classification / calculation. 

If Ren does decide to use the file, I'm interested in how @ren might use this information.

Offline ren

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 06:22:35 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline Voytek

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »

Online tyc

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
The information provide is certainly much more details than what I did in my Excel sheet (my objective was to be simple). 

However, here is my thinking.  When presenting the information in a pie chart, removing the numbers (%weight) & using identical data (meaning pillars right now), then regardless how you treat the weights of AP/LP or both, the results appearance would look very similar.  Graphical presentation shouldn't be off by too much because the sum of the weight will always be 1 or 100%.

When unsure of the weight for LP / Ap, then use average or equal weight of the two.  Also, the chart represents specific time or moment, thus time weight is ignore.

What does other think about this approach?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 02:42:12 PM by tyc »

Offline Rapanui

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »
In traditional BaZi the strengthness of "DM gang" is important to calculate which "gang" ("my gang" or "other gang") must be strengthen. Each method of calculating the strengthness is create by masters to help their students (by mathematics) to find which "gang" is stronger.
But each master says that this is "HELP" and the accurate of this "HELP" is not 100%.
 ;D ;) :(
There is interesting method of calculating the strength of DM created by Peter Leung. PL calculates not only the strength of any element but also which is the strength of element with its support (+the strength of supporting element) and its draining (-the strength of output). And each month of birth has multipliers for 10 stems of course.
 8)
If you want to know I prefer the simpliest and the oldest method:

Rapanui Poland

Online tyc

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 05:46:25 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I really have no interest in the math part.  Rather I was hoping Ren or someone explain to me how to control / produce an element in the physical world.  For example, let say natal chart & AP / LP has excess metal.  Ok, how does one control metal using physical self: do we drink more water, wear red color shirts (fire) or perform heavy lifting exercises?  Now, metal is weak, should the person work in the farm, move dirt or go to the beach?

Since I'm not a master, guess I'm allow to come up with ideas that is not the norm.  Personally, I prefer every thing to be equally weighted.  Although less accurate, but for estimation, arithmetic calculation is much easily to work with.  If we look into history, I don't think Chinese invented the % concept. :-*

Offline ren

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2019, 12:29:31 AM »
[Hidden post: You need 1 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Online tyc

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 03:36:13 AM »

Offline Charles

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2020, 05:07:42 AM »
Hi @Voytek,

am just curious as you mentioned that you remove the % off the pie chart, is this the same pie chart on the ten gods as i can see the % on the calculator though.

sorry in advance if my question is silly, if i missed something in my reading

cheers

Offline Voytek

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 12:11:05 PM »
am just curious as you mentioned that you remove the % off the pie chart, is this the same pie chart on the ten gods as i can see the % on the calculator though.

I was considering removing it, but after all, many users are using it this way and find it useful. So the option stays. There are many BaZi schools, many of them calculate DM strength and 10 gods strength.
What is important to rememeber is that any calculations are only approximation, it not possible to count energy precisely :) We are dealing with metaphysics.
But since it is useful for students of many BaZi schools out there, let's leave it this way.