Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Someone please light my way  (Read 752 times)

Offline cerseix

Someone please light my way
« on: November 02, 2023, 07:42:34 AM »
I'm stuck in a rut right now:

- Financially strapped
- Underemployed (and in a job I've come to hate)
- Conquered by bad habits
- Caged in the perfectionist <> procrastination loop

I want to change my ways and move forward but I feel that I am easily discouraged.
People around me say I have huge potential, but my body... or my mind squanders that.

I believe that getting a job or starting a business will help me move the needle, but the problem is since I'm multipassionate, I couldn't choose which one's best!

Please help me look into my current and next pillar for opportunities so I can get back on my feet. Also, please let me know of my tendencies + strengths and weaknesses so I can better plan ahead.

Here are my details:
Birthday: May 18, 1993
Birth place: Quezon City, Philippines
Birth time: 7:20AM

I'm looking forward to your insights. Thank you so much.

Offline aeonrel

Re: Someone please light my way
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 03:10:20 AM »
Hi @cerseix ,

Attached is your chart.

Personally, I don't actually see major life problems with your chart other than issues between your support and wealth stars.
So most of your woes are mentally self-inflicted and it is key that you overcome that.

Natal chart alone:
Stem - Ding fire grows Ji earth clashes Gui water, so Indirect support (Ding fire) is the source of your Indirect Wealth (Gui water) loss.
Branch - You metal grows Hai water clashes 2x Si fire. Direct wealth (Hai water) drained trying to suppress 2x Direct Support (Si fire).
So overall, you have an internal conflict between deliberations (support) and actually trying to achieve your goals (wealth).
This can't be better described than your perfectionist <> procrastination loop, and likely the seed of your bad habits formation.

Problems with your job and financial issues likely started last year.
In the stems, Direct Wealth (Ren water) combining with Indirect Support (Ding fire) = Wealth loss, likely due to poor decisions.
In the branches, Direct Wealth (Hai water) combines with Direct Officer (Yin wood).
Officer = career, hence tension between the expectation at work and how you go about it.

This year I think work-wise is better, but perhaps the bitterness from last year persist.
Mentally dwelling on something is a support star problem.
Conflict between your support and wealth stars is still present.

Next year, there will be a Jia wood combination with Ji earth in the stems.
This is a negative connection between colleagues and work.
In the branches, Chen earth combines with You metal = something negative related to people you connect with, and your expression/output.
Both interactions can be related to the same problem or separate - specifics you will know better yourself.

---

I think my advice is to really just overcome the support star problem, then you can reduce the mental conflicts that slows down your output.

This 10-year luck pillar there is also a Si fire (Direct Support) combine with Shen metal (Expression/Output), which also contribute to the perfectionist <> procrastination.

I would recommend doing things base more on instincts instead of second-guessing or spending time making sure things are right/correct/perfect before taking action.
Try moving more towards gut-reacting than deliberation before acting.
Trust that things won't turn out that badly even when you haven't considered for everything.
You will find that this path can be quite rewarding as well.

Maybe just be careful of people-dealings for next year due to the elemental interactions mentioned above.

Offline cerseix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 10:10:04 AM »
@aeonrel

Thank you so much for your insights. Your advice truly made sense. I'm a thinker, or should I say, a worrier. Always making sure I do everything right and dread mistakes.

Btw, by support star, you mean resource? Sorry, I'm quite new to bazi.

You're right; last year was a mess.
Tried my hand at freelancing but it affected my full-time work. Didn't know that carving your own path is this hard, so I was disheartened and got stuck in the valley of despair.

I am fully aware that I am the only one standing in my way. When I try to change or take action, I always fall back to my bad habits and thus failed in materializing so many personal projects because I am always waiting for the inspiration aka "muse" to come  :'( and when I try to create something, the taste gap always ruins it for me. So I always give up before anything bears fruit. I hate myself for procrastinating. It feels like this is my body / mind's response at the first sight of challenge or stress.

A few questions:
- Should I seek therapy?   :-\
- What about the next pillar? I see metal and I think this is my output star? Will this be a busy time for me?
- What do you think are my strengths and which industry do you think I'd thrive?

Again, I appreciate you helping me on this matter. I've got no mentor nor guiding people in my life, so your reading will mean the world to me. <3

Offline ren

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 07:27:43 PM »
Hey All,

If the hour is 7:20am, I think the hour should be Wu Chen. Ji Si I believe is 9:00am to 11:00am.

https://bazi-calculator.com/?licz=1&y=1993&m=5&d=18&h=07%3A20&g=8&l=121.0438&s=1&y2=2023&m2=11&d2=3&h2=18%3A08&g2=0&l2=0

ren
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline cerseix

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 08:43:11 PM »
Thanks for the correction, @ren
I didn't notice because I can't read Chinese.

What do you think of my chart?

Offline aeonrel

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 12:41:28 AM »
@ren , @cerseix

How in the world did I punch that Hour Pillar in wrongly... ??? ??? ???
Thanks for pointing it out.

Let's start over.

Natal chart alone:
Stem - 癸 Gui water clashes 丁 Ding fire, so Indirect Wealth (癸 Gui water) is having conflict with Indirect Support (丁 Ding fire).
Deliberations vs trying to achieve your goals still holds.
Branch - 辰 Chen earth (Rob Wealth) clashes 亥 Hai water (Direct Wealth). 巳 Si fire (Direct Support) clashes 酉 You metal (Eating God).
Do you experience people taking advantage of your money / time / efforts throughout your life?
Or do you feel that you spend more money / time / efforts on others than you need to?
Direct Support injuring your Eating God is the perfectionist <> procrastination loop.

Job and financial issues from last year still holds:
In the stems, Direct Wealth (壬 Ren water) still takes precedence combining with Indirect Support (丁 Ding fire) = the same Wealth loss.
Here's the new interesting bit: with 丁 Ding out of the way and disregarding DM, 戊 Wu earth (Rob Wealth) can now combine with 癸 Gui water (Indirect Wealth).
Potentially poor luck with people/customers during freelancing?
In the branches, Direct Support (巳 Si fire) combines with Hurting Officer (申 Shen metal) which contributes to the procrastination.
Direct Wealth (亥 Hai water) combines with Direct Officer (寅 Yin wood) still retains the problem at full-time work.
Another new interesting bit: with 亥 Hai and 巳 Si locked away, there is no stopping 辰 Chen and 酉 You from combining as well.
Potential problem with people affecting your output/expression - did you experience something like this last year?

This year double 癸 Gui water combine with Wu earth in the stems, so the wealth loss still persist.
In the branches, apart from the existing Si-Shen (巳-申) combination and the native 辰 Chen-clash-亥 Hai, the remaining will be 酉 You clash 卯 Mao.
Eating God clashing 7K could be problem at work against authority with how you express yourself / function.

Next year, there will still be problems at work.
In stems - 戊 Wu earth grows 庚 Geng metal to attack 甲 Jia wood.
Career luck is damaged.
癸 Gui water goes back to native conflict with 丁 Ding fire.
Mental self-sabotaging.
In branches - 2x 辰 Chen combination with 酉 You, Si-Shen (巳-申) also combine.
There will be some problem between people and your expression.
Perfectionist <> procrastination loop continues.
the last lone 亥 Hai water (Direct Wealth) is unharmed though, so perhaps your money issues will recover a little.

- What about the next pillar? I see metal and I think this is my output star? Will this be a busy time for me?
This luck pillar (2019-2028), the main procrastination mindset is due to the 申 Shen in the branch combining with your natal 巳 Si.
Next luck pillar (2029-2038), the You in the branch will pair with the 酉 You in your natal chart and combine with 辰 Chen earth.
Can this mean you will be busy? Possibly.
But usually combinations is a negative effect on the participating stars, so it is likely you might be overwhelmed, yet the people involved are not quite happy.
Notice the Si-Shen (巳-申) combination is gone, so likely less procrastination.
But then it becomes Hai water clashing 巳 Si fire - back to mental conflict of goals vs deliberation.
In the stems, it is actually going to be a rougher time with the mind because 戊 Wu and 己 Ji earth grows 辛 Xin metal grows 癸 Gui water, which then clashes all on to your poor 丁 Ding fire - this mental struggle will not be fun.

- Should I seek therapy?   :-\
I guess seeking answers via Bazi is a sort of therapy as well?
Now you know how your mind works, you can leverage it for success or be better prepared for setbacks.

Actually, based on purely Bazi alone, maybe therapy isn't the answer.
You are a strong DM.
Therapy is a form of treatment, and treatment is under support star coverage.
Strong DM needs to shed energy instead of getting more support.
Maybe clinical therapy will end up giving you more confusion.
But I am not a trained medical person, so I am speaking purely based on Bazi perspective.

If you strongly feel therapy is the way to go, then go ahead and try.

- What do you think are my strengths and which industry do you think I'd thrive?
I think, from your chart, short of Officer star, you have a bit of everything.
So you have a variety of strengths.
You are just unfortunate to have them experience some clash or combination here and there, back and forth.
But that seems to be characteristic of people with balanced chart: they are susceptible to all kinds of harms.
And is difficult to advise a clear life direction for them because of the varied experience.

For you I would focus on the lacking thing: Officer element.
Officer star brings about a process-drive approach to your life.
That's why Officer is related to work because you are forced to follow the rules and authority of the company / job.
Wood is your officer element and will help to bridge the gap between Water (Wealth/Goals) and Fire (Support), preventing the mental struggle by introducing order.
Imagine you turn your goal pursuits into an SOP form and just follow it.
There will be less thinking required = less chance of Water clash Fire because now there is Wood as a bridge.

Because wood is not found in your natal chart, this means this method will feel uncomfortable to you, but is what I think you need.
Either bring order to yourself, or come under authority of someone else (like a good job) who will force order over you, so the elements will flow more smoothly, and you can start to see the rewards for all your considerations, goals, people connections, and output.

Industry-wise, I won't give a specific suggestion because I feel nowadays job functions are multi-elemental in nature.
Just because you need wood doesn't mean your life will turn out better if you work as a carpenter.
Instead, capture the essence of the element and find a job function that embodies that essence.
For example, wood is about the spirit of growth.
So you can find a job that is process-oriented and growth-oriented (i.e. growing talents / growing business with a well-enforced work process).

Btw, by support star, you mean resource? Sorry, I'm quite new to bazi.
Yes. Due to lack of official english term for it, this star is called Seal / Support / Resource.
Seal is a direct translation of the chinese word 印, but doesn't bring across the meaning well.
I prefer to use the word support instead of resource because I feel it carries the meaning better.
Mother/parents are also under this star's influence.
I wouldn't want to label my mother as a "resource"  :-\ Hence I prefer "support".

Offline ren

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 02:08:46 AM »
Hi Cerseix,

You have a very expressive writing style.
May I ask what type of work do you do and what type of freelance work did you start?
Did you do well in school, what did you study?

Thanks,

ren
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline cerseix

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 07:35:41 AM »
@aeonrel

You're amazing! Thank you so much for putting in the time.
Yes, even with the change the excessive deliberation (and rumination) still holds true.

Confirming a few other things
Do you experience people taking advantage of your money / time / efforts throughout your life?
Or do you feel that you spend more money / time / efforts on others than you need to?

Yes and yes. I'm a giver and this can be somehow attributed to my people-pleasing habit. Not that I see this as a bad thing (especially for the people I love), but lately I feel that I've been running myself dry. It's a little embarrassing to say... I have pent-up resentment  :P

Potentially poor luck with people/customers during freelancing?
You hit the spot. I've had a few and they're all walking red flags. I was just so desperate to get clients during that time.

Potential problem with people affecting your output/expression - did you experience something like this last year?
Expression is definitely suppressed, actually been like that for a decade now ;D I don't really want to blame others for my lack but it seems in my chart I've got power struggles...?

So... it's gonna be one hell of a mental ride for me huh. Thanks for the heads-up, I need to start working on it ASAP.

You are a strong DM.
Therapy is a form of treatment, and treatment is under support star coverage.
Strong DM needs to shed energy instead of getting more support.

Totally agree with this. As far as I could remember, I used to be a person who's fueled by challenge and competition. I was an achiever back then, but things went south after what happened... Sorry, I'm not ready to share yet.

Anyhow, after that I've gone easy with myself and became mild... that's probably how I started people-pleasing. I was afraid of offending people and so I had to dampen my fire. You're right; this is in the past, and I should stop nursing what's already a scar and get back out there in the game. Thank you for this reminder.

So wood is my favorable element? You said I'm a strong DM, could it be possible that I'm also okay with Metal and Water?
I guess with what you said, my life isn't meant to traverse the path of least resistance  :-X But it all makes sense now. I'm capable and this is what I'm meant to do. Amor fati.

You don't know how much you've helped me. Thank you so much.  :'(

Offline cerseix

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 07:39:42 AM »
@ren

Thank you! I'm currently an English instructor, but hoping to breakthrough marketing + design industry.
I did well in school, so I got into a good university, but things went sour for me there. My diploma has been long overdue, but thankfully I'm just a thesis away to finishing it.
I am taking Communication Arts. I wish I took something related to science tho  :D

Offline aeonrel

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 05:31:07 PM »
Hi @cerseix ,

So wood is my favorable element? You said I'm a strong DM, could it be possible that I'm also okay with Metal and Water?
Ok, so I have to be careful here.
When I suggested Wood, it was a philosophical approach mixed with generic elemental balancing without calculating.
If you want to measure exactly how favourable, for the school of Bazi I use, I have to analyse the yin and yang version for each element and separately for stems and branches.

If a Wood star appears and interact with the natal Stems:
  • Yang wood 甲 Jia will clash 戊 Wu earth = Work will disrupt connection to people. Likely undesirable, but can be used to your advantage if you can find a strategic reason.
  • Yin wood 乙 Yi will bridge 癸 Gui water and 丁 Ding fire =  Your goals fuelling your drive, which directs your unconventional thinking to beneficial use instead of mental conflict. This is a good outcome.
If a Wood star appears and interact with the natal Branches:
  • Yang wood 寅 Yin will clash 辰 Chen earth = same Work disrupting people connection issue.
  • Yin wood 卯 Mao feeds 巳 Si fire which then clashes on to 酉 You metal, but still depends if there is a bridge from Decade/Annual luck.
If a Water star appears and interact with the natal Stems:
  • Yang water 壬 Ren will combine with 丁 Ding fire = Overthinking leads to loss of Direct Wealth. This is bad.
  • Yin water 癸 Gui will lead to 癸 Gui-戊 Wu combination = Sideline affected by people.
If a Water star appears and interact with the natal Branches:
  • Yang water 子 Zi will be clashed by 辰 Chen = People taking advantage of your wealth, time and energy.
  • Yin water 亥 Hai will clash on 巳 Si fire = Mental conflict between pursuits and deliberations.
If a Metal star appears and interact with the natal Stems:
  • Addition of Yang metal 庚 Geng poses no problem.This is good.
  • Yin metal 辛 will fuel 癸 Gui water to clash harder on 巳 Si fire, but still depends if there is a bridge from Decade/Annual luck.
If a Metal star appears and interact with the natal Branches:
  • Yang metal 申 Shen will combine with 巳 Si fire = Procrastination. Undesirable.
  • Yin metal 酉 You will combine with 辰 Chen = People affecting your output. Undesirable.
So you see, favorable elements are subjective.
It depends on the time period you are looking at, as there are both incoming Decade and Annual Pillars to consider, and the difference between the Yin/Yang version can be a total game-changer.