Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Gmuli Web Apps  (Read 15581 times)

Offline Sacrar

Re: Gmuli Web Apps
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2019, 12:44:22 AM »
@Gmuli

Will it be possible in the web version of the calculator to include the energy valuation of each line based on the month EB, as it is included in the calculator for windows? and all the other things/stuffs included in extra info lines? stars and 12 gods? Or is it too much to ask?  ;D

The truth is that I find it difficult for the web version overcome your windows software, but you surprise us anyway  :)

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »
@Gmuli

Will it be possible in the web version of the calculator to include the energy valuation of each line based on the month EB, as it is included in the calculator for windows? and all the other things/stuffs included in extra info lines? stars and 12 gods? Or is it too much to ask?  ;D

The truth is that I find it difficult for the web version overcome your windows software, but you surprise us anyway  :)

Thanks. : )
The problem is that a lot of members were complaining that in the windows app there was too much on screen and it was distracting.
So much that some even said its unusable like this for them.
The main one may be better to stay like this or people doesn't seem to like it.

We are working with an author on alternative version of the free web calc for a book that would be published in the future. For it we use what is used in the book and the 12 life stages and some other stuff is showing there. Also very cool diagrams. But I can't comment much on it, as its up to the author now of how we will proceed.

So far the focus is on the new calc and the new User Interface, so its easier and more friendly to use.
I do miss some stuff in the old calc as well, especially the translation/text with the lines, as I'm used to that, but its for the best I think.

Anyway, short answer - a lot of stuff going on, not sure when I will be able to look into that, can use the PC version if you need some specific function from there. : )

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2019, 04:48:52 PM »
The problem is that a lot of members were complaining that in the windows app there was too much on screen and it was distracting.
So much that some even said its unusable like this for them.
The main one may be better to stay like this or people doesn't seem to like it.
I would stay pretty much like this.  There is already enough information given for the Liu Yao chart plot.  Analysis and interpretation will need to be done by the analyst based on the different theories and schools that they follow.

In the case of specific Liu Yao school, customization like the below can be done:
For it we use what is used in the book and the 12 life stages and some other stuff is showing there. Also very cool diagrams. But I can't comment much on it, as its up to the author now of how we will proceed.
---------------
So far the focus is on the new calc and the new User Interface, so its easier and more friendly to use.
I do miss some stuff in the old calc as well, especially the translation/text with the lines, as I'm used to that, but its for the best I think.
I agree with the exclusion of translation/text with lines.  They are part of I Ching based divination, while Liu Yao is the analysis of Six Lines, which is just another I Ching based divination tool.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2019, 07:09:45 PM »
Yea, the content is more or less good so far imo. The app is still there if people need some of the other stuff can always use that.

Currently, the new design will be somewhat different then what we have so far, but there are many reasons why its much better.
However, I do get people may already be used to the old calc design, so we will leave all the old versions on the same place when adding the new.
Officially the one in the menu on the site will be the new one after its done. I will post links again to the old versions here, but they may not be accessible directly on the site, haven't decided yet.

It will work on any major browser, including the ones that it doesn't work on now(like IE) and it will be a lot more nicer on mobile devices as well.

Starting to work on BaZi calculator part of the site.
There are many wonderful calculators out there, as most members use bazi-calculator already, I don't plan to make the one on bright-hall.net very big.
 Similar to the old app, it will cover some less used calculations that I like, but it isn't with the idea to replace the existing calculators out there.
So will just add few things that I'm using and will move on to other apps, probably XKFX next. I'm hoping to be able to make Da Liu Ren and Tai Yi calculators when all else is done, although not sure it will be possible with the existing info, we will see.

Anyway, since next is the BaZi part, if someone wants something in it that isn't in the other free calculators out there, feel free to post. And again bazi-calculator is free for reasonable use, so I don't plan to focus on the BaZi calculator at our website too much. : )
No point giving free alternative to something that is already free and we are happy with.

There was change of plans. There won't be calcs for Da Liu Ren, Tai Yi or QMDJ.
There may be one for XKDG, but it will just be interactive compass, so same as the Images we can see all around the net, only a little more easy to use.
(so 4 pillars to hexagrams, degrees to hexagrams, or hexagrams to pillar only stuff like that)

Reason for that... Well, same reason I removed the apps. Back then I thought no one is interested in DLR or Tai Yi or unusual ways of calculating Ju in QMDJ, so we would try to make calcs for systems that have been forgotten. Turns out its more or less the opposite, so no reason getting into that now. : )

Considering that in the future we may have some interactive compass for XKDG, some app for Flying Star, maybe something for 8 houses, although not sure and we will wrap up that part of the Five Arts. After that may move to a lot more complicated 3D TCM calc, but that may not happen, either, will see how it develops with time.
We plan to add some databases, so people can save questions and if they want make them available for the community to read and some stuff like that.

Although at some point we will open donations. if people want to support the initiative(as we will do all we can to keep it free for the community), there will be some ways.

After all that will probably move back to game development as that I love doing, even though its much less useful as doing it with only 2 people is challenging in today's environment.

Meanwhile, if an author, school or book seems to need calculator, we are sometimes making them, always free so far, as some of these books need support and some of the systems will be very challenging to calculate for a western person by hand(like the one with symbolic stars we added or the new one that may come in a few months).

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2019, 11:21:25 AM »
We are good to go(moving the calc to the new design).

However, now the question comes for how exactly that should look.

Anyone have somepreference or ideas about what to change?
Or I can just move it while trying to preserve how it looks now.
Overall now is the time for ideas on how it will look. : )

Keep in mind in the future there will be other looks based on other stuff, that we won't be able to change, so if you are looking for something specific that may be covered in the future.
And will leave the current ones as well, for people used to them.

Ren: We are working on something that may also cover what you asked, but I can't go into details yet.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2020, 06:15:12 PM »
@Gmuli

Its ready. : )
May not see it right away, though, there is stuff that can be done(delete cache or open in a mode without cache, /flushdns etc.), but in general it should show up in the old space sooner or later for all.

Sooo.. The strength in the month and what we talked about after that for the hidden lines is in there, currently.
Its somewhat easier to use now. You can click any of the branches and it will show all relations, hidden lines, day branch etc.

The other thing is that you can drag and drop a branch to another branch and it will show only the relation of those 2 to each other. Makes it much easier to use. And that will also work for all branches that have some role in it, including hidden ones.

I haven't added much else, coz of already mentioned reasons. : )

All of the relations will show in the color of the branch and they can be closed. So you can only leave the relations you think are valid or matter for what you are using them and make screenshot or anything along those lines.

The old design for @Tientai is still accessible, it doesn't have the strength by the month and the other stuff, as no one wanted it before anyway(the old version is accessible from the menu Liu Yao /WWG > WWG Old Design.

There aren't any rules added, for when combination will be valid or when line will be falling in tomb etc. Also any detail on its strength other then the basic relation to the element of the month branch.
When/if we make different versions with other authors/practitioners we will add whatever they want to use.
The stuff that we are using is more or less in the .exe app.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2020, 08:04:21 PM »
@Gmuli  Please, Could you keep the alternative view of the old version of the calculator? I had gotten used to that view because it is clear, clean and pleasing to the eye, and it is easier to work on it to export it to doc/word document format. By alternative view I mean this one:

Although I really think that this was the main version and the one you left is the alternative version, the one a forum member likes, the one with a full pillar of day and month

Greetings.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:10:22 PM by Sacrar »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2020, 08:14:02 PM »
Hi Gmuli,

I do like your software because of the presentation in English.  But is it possible to have the Output displayed using less width, like the Chinese app that I use?  I know the Chinese characters are more concise than any language that uses the Latin alphabet.  But if you can present it with somewhat less width can make it comfortably fit on the phone too. 

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »
@Gmuli  Please, Could you keep the alternative view of the old version of the calculator? I had gotten used to that view because it is clear, clean and pleasing to the eye, and it is easier to work on it to export it to doc/word document format. By alternative view I mean this one:

Although I really think that this was the main version and the one you left is the alternative version, the one a forum member likes, the one with a full pillar of day and month

Greetings.

Well, sure, but the new look has a lot of perks. For example we can directly access a question and date of asking now like this:

https://www.bright-hall.net/wwg/64,0,1,0,1,1,0,9,1,2020-01-16,22:10

So this will load hexagram 64 with changling line 5 asked today. Any question we ask it will provide string(just click copyURL) and we can send that and it will load that quesiton on that day.

To be even more useful, we can just open the old .txt files from the old site or app and paste the string after the url and it will load that question asked at that time.
We can even load the quesiton just by QRCode or make QRcode and send so people can make.
So if you have QR reading app on the phone, can just scan the code and it will load the page with the question and date.

I will post some help pdf or something, someday, as its getting somewhat complex.
Also there are relations between the branches!Most of us probably doesn't need by now, but if we make screenshot we can show some relation in it. : )

And we can enable all 4 pillars from settings in the new one. : )

Aaaand of course, if that isn't enough the old design you mean is still accessible here:
https://old.bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalc.html
(although the menu will need some fixing, will fix later today)

While the old design we made with @Tientai  is still here:
https://old.bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalcTheme3.html

JLim:
They are using just the Chinese characters, though, that is much easier on space.
I have a lot of difficulties fitting all of the info in the screen. Currently, the field with the Chinese characters also shows the relations. And from what I have seen there are very few English speaking enthusiasts that can read the Chinese characters for the relations.

The best from space perspective I come up with was to make each line - 2 lines of text. But it become really difficult to read for some reason.

If someone has ideas of how to format it I'm more then open to suggestions, but if I remove the english words for the relations it will do more harm then good.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:26:40 PM by Gmuli »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2020, 05:34:49 PM »
Still adding stuff to the new design, so there can be some fixes as well.
For example, if someone was using the url maker,replace the part before bright-hall.net with "www", as it points to the test server now. From now on it will point to the normal one, so only if you made strings last few days.
It will still open them now, but in the future we test stuff there, so better to point it to the real one(www.bright-hall.net) .

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2020, 11:22:09 PM »
 I plan for this to be ;ast post with info about an update here, as sometimes I make a lot of them in the apps and don't want to spam about it in here.
But as we talked about much of the stuff in this specific one, here, seems wise to post as well. From now on will post on the home page(here : https://www.bright-hall.net) when there is big enough update.
May post link in here as well, but only something like (new update).

What is changed.
We have the old design we made integrated into the main site now. Can access it here:
https://www.bright-hall.net/wwg/2
It can also be changed from Settings > Themes.

That will also keep the question, so can change the view while keeping the same date and other info.

Now, the theme is also added to the url that is made, if it isn't the default one. So if you are using the other theme and make url and send to someone, when they open it they will see it in the same way.

Drag and drop for branch relations and the other stuff is also there.

I removed the default Yin and Yang lines, people using that already know where they are and people that aren't using that doesn't need darker lines in reading. : )

I tried to make a shorter text so it can fit better on phones. To enable that go to settings > Show full English translations..

It works on both themes.

And thats it for now, enjoy! : )

Here is link with random question and the other theme:

https://www.bright-hall.net/wwg/20,0,0,0,1,0,0,4,2,2020-01-13,14:29/2/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:29:44 PM by Gmuli »

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2020, 01:27:36 AM »
I just discovered that drag and drop can be done. This function look great.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2020, 05:49:24 PM »
@Gmuli Producing change lines by finger tapping on mobile devices does not seem to be working actually.  Tested in Chrome and Firefox.

really neither doesn't work in PC, clicking.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:55:58 PM by Sacrar »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2020, 06:32:41 PM »
@Gmuli Producing change lines by finger tapping on mobile devices does not seem to be working actually.  Tested in Chrome and Firefox.

really neither doesn't work in PC, clicking.

Check now. If it still doesn't seem to work, click help and check where it will point for clicking, as its not the whole line, its just on the right of the text of the relations.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 05:34:38 PM »
Hi @Gmuli,

I detected a bug in the calculator. This month of April has 30 days, however the calculator allows to select 31st Day with somewhat strange earthly branches.

I hope it helps to correct, maybe there are other similar errors.