Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Quiz 34- Someone asking if he has a Promotion  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Quiz 34- Someone asking if he has a Promotion
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »
[Hidden post: You need 0 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]

The Year of Divination is
【寅年】占
YIN - WOOD

Thanks for participation
Tientai
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:15:42 PM by Tientai »

Offline Gmuli

Re: Quiz 34- Someone asking if he has a Promotion
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 09:11:43 PM »
Well... This looks so obvious, that I'm guessing its to illustrate some unusual rule...
I would say yes for sure, anyway.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 09:26:58 PM »
Some informations. ...

1. When he has this promotion ?
2. He is going get promotion on a other city .. so he travels .. and returns ..!!
3. There are two Officers .. which you choose ?

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 10:02:43 PM »
Some informations. ...

2. He is going get promotion on a other city .. so he travels .. and returns ..!!

8 to 12 days I guess...(either the next Mao or Si day).

Wu and Wei combine, he is on curved array, so something restricting right now... Maybe it has to let go to get it?Then next month, but next month falls into 8 to 11 days as well. : )
3. Including the month 3 officers... But its asset line, so he is valued where he is by all. Some problems with outside authority that combines with him and clashes his boss(Wu<>Wei combination with month, while Wei<>Chou clash). In that sense I would guess his boss is Chou, as that is what is moving(coz of Wei<>Chou clash).
Wu<>Chou harm doesn't work in WWG strongly enough to be considered most of the time... So we just have him supporting his boss(from day branch) while being valued on Asset.
People around him will make problems, then support him too(in Si day).

Yea, I would say in 8 to 12 days and if he is traveling, maybe when he is back, difficult to be sure as that may be more then once.

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
The job outlook looks quite good for him but the process is not smooth.  He pretty much does not have competition, because Hai Sibling is (1) weak by Month and Day, (2) changes into Kong Wang.  But his direct supervisor is his "competition", which is represented by Sixth Parent line combining with Chen. Combining means holding his Yong Shen up.  He needs to wait for his Supervisor to leave before he can get promoted.  We can also see that his supervisor is already feeling uncomfortable with his own position now (Sixth line changes into clash)

More details are below, as I respond to your comments, Tientai.
It's because Wei combines with Wu Self.  Wei in the Month can represent a far away job position.
He travels and returns: that's because of the hexagram being Fan Yin.  Note the 5th and 6th lines.  So the process is not smooth.
Only two Officers?  ;) I think you only consider Chou Earth and Chen Earth.  But don't forget that there is also Wei Earth as Officer.
The true Yong Shen is Chen Earth. 
This is the most difficult, so I answer it last.  Chen Month or Chen Year? Or as soon as his direct supervisor shows signs of quitting.

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 07:23:01 AM »
Wu<>Chou harm doesn't work in WWG strongly enough to be considered most of the time...
I agree! 
Yea, I would say in 8 to 12 days and if he is traveling, maybe when he is back, difficult to be sure as that may be more then once.
Hmm.... if we're talking about ancient China, then 8 to 12 days may be too fast for traveling back and forth, because traveling took a long time then.  This is the part where we need to get context into the equation when analyzing the hexagram.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 08:41:17 AM »
Very good explanation Gmuli and perfect Jlim .. many thanks .

I feel sad for don't participate on decipher on quizzes I put for I know the answers ..!!

Anyway I have some questions :

Day Wu fire EB produce Ti Wu fire Yuanshen Self line....
Qestion: this is also a Self bound linking (Lin) .. Wu ~ Wu
Can we interpret this (Lin) as .. ok yes reinforce  Self line but the promotion is stuck ( Plus Qi Lin  ) and much time is needed ..?

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 10:07:48 AM »
ANSWER OF QUIZ

The Year of Divination is
【寅年】占
YIN - WOOD

世爻極旺,既臨日建,又得月令作官星而合世,
Shi self line extremely prosperous [Wang], since is just the same EB with Day Construct [EB],again Suitable on Seasonal Month [Yue ling] Wei earth where is as a growing Officer star and Join [he ] with Shi self [Wu fire ].
但卦中兩現官星,一空一破,至【辰年】,【辰土】之官出空,定然大轉。
However inside the Hexagram there are two [more ] Officer Stars, One is in Empty days [Kong] the other in [Month ] break [Po], When arriving 【Chen Year】,【Chen - earth】, when the Officer is out of Empty [Kong], certainly will happen the great Turn [Comeback to Promotion].
第{反吟於外卦},每得驗者,去而復來。
Firstly { There is Moaning Opposition [Fan Yin] in the Upper Trigrams},every part must be examined, going and returning ever since. 
【寅年】占,果【辰年】調煩于河南,五月(/*午月),又調回楚,十月(/*亥月)開府,
Divination is made on 【Yin wood year】, result came on【Chen Earth Year】, he was confused on travelling to Henan [province] on fifth lunar month [Wu fire Solar Month] he returns back to Chu [Hubei province] then on tenth lunar month [Hai water Solar Month] he [goes again ] and gain the Official seat.
一年兩調一升,皆應{實空}之年也。
In one year two back and forth movements with one Promotion, all was responding on {Real Empty - Kong} that occurs on this [Chen ] Year.

Tientai
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:24:32 PM by Tientai »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 12:10:38 PM »
Day Wu fire EB produce Ti Wu fire Yuanshen Self line....
Qestion: this is also a Self bound linking (Lin) .. Wu ~ Wu
Can we interpret this (Lin) as .. ok yes reinforce  Self line but the promotion is stuck ( Plus Qi Lin  ) and much time is needed ..?
I don't use interpret it that way.  It means the querent keeps thinking (day in and day out) about higher salary from this promotion.

And about the Officer Stars, your translation also mentions that there are Three Officer Stars, and not only two.  ;)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »
I don't use interpret it that way.  It means the querent keeps thinking (day in and day out) about higher salary from this promotion.

...different angles of interpretation .. with the just close effects ..!! ( very interesting !!! )

And about the Officer Stars, your translation also mentions that there are Three Officer Stars, and not only two.  ;)

.. yes there are indeed three Officer stars ...