Fivearts.org

Author Topic: BaZi ShenSha  (Read 312 times)

Offline DZ-birdie

BaZi ShenSha
« on: April 13, 2024, 06:29:39 PM »
Hello!

I use ShenSha and was taught that you can use it to compare your structural energy with the global energy (energy of the general year or month). If you have X in your chart, in a certain pillar, and Y in the global year, you are affected by the combination. But if the positions are reversed, there is no effect.

example 01:  if you have Ding on your DAY stem and it's a Wu horse year, then you have  'Thriving'/Prosperity energy (the energy is coming to you).  If it's the other way around (you have Wu horse and it's a Ding year), you don't have it (the energy is moving away from you).

example 02:  If you have Si, Wu (horse), Wei on your DAY branch during a Chen year, then you have the Lonesome energy.  But if it's reversed (Chen on your Day branch and it is a Si, Wu or Wei year - You don't have lonesome energy.

I can understand the possibility of having a certain energy on different pillars in your structure, and the effects could still be possible (example 1, having Ding on a month or year stem). However, it seems unlikely that combining the energies (whether stems/animals), the result can go in both directions.

I've seen ShenSha readings that include combinations that go both ways. How does that work?

Thank you!