Fivearts.org

Author Topic: What happened to 5arts.info?  (Read 2701 times)

Online tyc

Re: What happened to 5arts.info?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2023, 03:56:35 PM »
Gmuli,
Compensation isn't just profit.  It a very board sense: it could be information, knowledge or anything that the individual expects to return from their input.

Sharing knowledge in a open forum for self growth is also a form of compensation.  How many people actually look to do this?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:32:37 PM by tyc »

Gmuli

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2023, 05:30:25 PM »
True, true.

Offline NewMan

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2023, 05:54:25 PM »
I believe time have changed. There are now many mangpai teaching video on YouTube and on Facebook. Anyone can easily watch the training video for free. Not like 5 years ago where info on mangpai are very rare.
I myself have been learning alot from it.
With the changed many self learner no longer visit forum for info. Some came here to collect case study. It a different world now.
Om Mani Padme Hum.

Gmuli

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2023, 08:56:13 AM »
I believe time have changed. There are now many mangpai teaching video on YouTube and on Facebook. Anyone can easily watch the training video for free. Not like 5 years ago where info on mangpai are very rare.
I myself have been learning alot from it.
With the changed many self learner no longer visit forum for info. Some came here to collect case study. It a different world now.

I've seen some youtube videos where they mentioned some ideas we've seen as blindstyle, like self and other and stuff... But I can't really go as far as to say I've seen any actual informative and detailed mang pai videos out there in English.
Have you seen something else or you mean in Chinese?

Same for facebook.

Offline ren

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2023, 10:50:08 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline NewMan

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »

Yes most in Chinese. They are giving away free. Have seen they actually teach some advance techniques. Like how tomb are open, condition for it to be true. How to tell business chart from salary worker...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 04:48:56 PM by NewMan »
Om Mani Padme Hum.

Gmuli

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2023, 11:29:35 AM »

Yes most in Chinese. They are giving away free. Have seen they actually teach some advance techniques. Like how tomb are open, condition for it to be true. How to tell business chart from salary worker...

It makes sense to become more popular in there, I guess. Its very powerful style of reading, in my humble view. : )

Gmuli

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2023, 11:37:31 AM »
ren

I do agree. In other metaphysical systems, usually, the more people are asking/answering the more lively a community is and everyone is learning and moving forward.
Here I think the showstopping aspect is the 'Value'. As the value of the systems is perceived so high, people doesn't dare to ask, as to not look silly. While no one cares about that in western metaphysics in a healthy place, most of the time. We care to learn stuff.

The difference between laughing in a fast food restaurant and doing it in the most expensive restaurant in the world. Many will withhold in the second case.

I'm not saying its bad, though, I think I understand why it is and I kinda agree with the need there, but while its there its difficult to develop and grow, as it destroyes movement by its own definition(value/asset/peach blossom = no movement, as only 'control' images, in my humble view).

I'm interested in other tech stuff that is very expensive and even though it is in the open and people are friendly and supportive, the community rarely asks, and I think its because of the same thing. Still much better then the Five Arts, sometimes, I think.

Offline Spiritsfan

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2023, 09:35:55 PM »
Hello everyone.  Does anyone know the date of birth of the person who paid for fivearts.info hosting?

Gmuli

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2024, 12:29:34 PM »
Yea, but forums Resource is the community in it. With good enough people we can talk about the weather and will be fun. I think we lost that there, long time ago, and since then its been... Less fun.

If it opens again... Well, in my view it has been dead for a while... Though I did write with the other nick even at the end, but it did feel like it was empty for a long time already...

To get it back working well... I guess will need drastic change in how things are done in there. But I can't imagine that happening, as I imagine things were done that way for a reason, so fresh start and more focusing on the community seem the only way, or at least the easiest one. But who knows. not up to us I guess.

This... Well it looked like that back then... But as we learn more about 8 mansions and that approach to the systems, it could turn out people were well meaning there was just too much we didn't knew about Xuan Kong, the old systems and how all is situated.

I think I understand better now. What looked like it wasn't working was actual better working then the rest, at times... Anyway, my idea is, ignore the previous post, looked like that back then, but I think it was more of a misunderstanding then anything else.