Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Question: Yin / Yang vs Cold/Hot - in medicine?  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Ari

Question: Yin / Yang vs Cold/Hot - in medicine?
« on: March 08, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »
I often read about "cold and hot" food or medicine in chinese literature.
Even though I was intrigued, I mostly accepted it as it is and never went about researching it deeper.
For example using special medicine to cure "cold" extremities. Or too "hot" ones. 
Or strengthen immunity ... nowadays it seems more important than ever.

Anyone knows /can recommend where I could get more indepth information about how to do this?
Any books ?

Personally  I am one of those people who get cold easily... though i always thought it was more because im getting older ...  ;D

Gmuli

Re: Question: Yin / Yang vs Cold/Hot - in medicine?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 09:29:22 AM »
I linked first part of the course somewhere. I wanted to post the second part in there, but can't remember where it was. So will post both here. The second part of it is much, much better in my view. Both are free(there is option to see a course, you don't always get a certificate, but you can still see all lectures, in this case we can even get a certificate though, at least from what I remember).
And both give the very basic ideas that will need to be expanded on your own, as there is too much material that can ever fit in a a few hours of lectures.

Its here:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/everyday-chinese-medicine
https://www.coursera.org/learn/everyday-chinese-medicine-2/home/welcome

Its good for the general ideas. And of course, if you are really going into that have to read the classics, after that there are interesting books and materials all around. Is much easier to get info in English then any other part of the Five Arts. But its also much more knowledge needed to actually start to get  it.

Offline Ari

Re: Question: Yin / Yang vs Cold/Hot - in medicine?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 09:40:39 PM »
Wow thank you for the links! This is great stuff! I'm definitely going to read / watch through it slowly :)