Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Karma of Buddhism /Hinduism versus Ming Destiny of Ancients Chinese  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Dear all ... hi

I know I touch a very sensitive subject...
Much more when concerning to religious beliefs .. !!

These concerns may never be answered ... and perhaps belong to man's eternal quest..
I believe in reincarnation because is obvious that one life is not enough to solve so many injustices we have caused or causing.. maybe the law of justice or karma might interfere here .. !!

I will try to explain what I mean ... maybe I did not describe the concept of karma correctly .. I think that when Buddhism appeared in China somewhere 4 to 5 century A.C. The concept of "karma" did not exist.. or was with another form. However, before the appearance of Buddhism, the Chinese were quite happy with the concepts of Taoism and Confucianism. From there, they drew the ideas of reformation and virtues of morality to regulate their lives so they hope for a better future. .. the divination arts were capable of regulating these needs as heavy as they are ... while in most Buddhist and Hindu or Christian doctrines the predatory or astrological predictions were largely unacceptable...
Ancient Chinese people were regulate the "Ming - or Destiny or  karma for Buddhism" by their useful and valuable theoretical tools of Wu Xing and Yin Yang ...
Chinese hardly accept Ideas or invaded Dogmas for the reason that they are more practical and like evidence. ...
Theology is not highly estimated all over China ... still Buddhism is accepted and Worshipful of many Chinese people ..'
nevertheless I have to mention that Buddhism used many texts of Taoism in the next generations ...
By the way I am not against Buddhist dogmas ..
I still read many sutras of Buddhism ...
I read the Holly Bible too ...  and am trying to have good understanding..!!
What is your thesis over it  ??
A good discussion is appreciated ..!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:07:30 PM by Tientai »

Offline Dao

Re: Karma of Buddhism /Hinduism versus Ming Destiny of Ancients Chinese
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 11:05:18 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Online JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Re: Karma of Buddhism /Hinduism versus Ming Destiny of Ancients Chinese
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 12:19:02 PM »
These concerns may never be answered ... and perhaps belong to man's eternal quest..
I believe in reincarnation because is obvious that one life is not enough to solve so many injustices we have caused or causing.. maybe the law of justice or karma might interfere here .. !!
Hi Tientai, I cannot contribute much to this difficult topic, but yes I agree with the above (marked in bold).  Hopefully, others who are more knowledgeable can participate in a discussion.