Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Gmuli Web Apps  (Read 15804 times)

Gmuli

Re: Gmuli Web Apps
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2019, 09:30:47 PM »
Sure, np.
May take some time, though, will post when ready.

Gmuli

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2019, 04:07:24 PM »
Added function to change day branch, day stem, month branch or month stem manually in all themes.

To do it click day branch, month branch, day stem or month stem.

Now, that is connected to some changed, however.
If we do it where it used to give some extra info will say "Manually Selected Stem/Branches." as the way the connection is between Day and Month pillar there is no way to know how many days there are to end of the month just from these 2 pillars.

Similar problem with Solar Longitude, as we can't know when that day is in the month we know the range now, so instead of saying exact longitude it will say the range of 30 degrees based on month branch.

Animals, Void and everything else will adjust to the selected Stems/Branches.
If the Stems/Branches doesn't exist(different polarity) the Na Yin element will lose its background color, indicating that the pillar we have added is impossible. It will still try to calculate as best as it can.

Links are same as always, and we can choose day/month branches and stems not only by clicking the lower pillars but also the higher ones in Theme 1.

http://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalc.html
http://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalcTheme3.html

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2019, 05:14:19 PM »
@Gmuli  .. hi

This application is admirable  .. I'm left speechless !!
All I would say a great thumbs up and Bravo .. thank you ..
Your endeavor is perfect ..
Tientai

Offline ren

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2019, 09:19:28 PM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Gmuli

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2019, 10:22:06 PM »
I added the question textbox from theme3 to the original theme as well.

Gmuli

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2019, 10:33:39 PM »
The brackets for void aren't working very well, the Grey color works, though. If unsure, just look at the color.
(for today for example on line 3 Parent will have darker color meaning the line is in void).
I think I should just leave the color, as its clearer to see and brackets have some programming difficulties to work very well.

Gmuli

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 07:55:28 AM »
Starting to work on BaZi calculator part of the site.
There are many wonderful calculators out there, as most members use bazi-calculator already, I don't plan to make the one on bright-hall.net very big.
 Similar to the old app, it will cover some less used calculations that I like, but it isn't with the idea to replace the existing calculators out there.
So will just add few things that I'm using and will move on to other apps, probably XKFX next. I'm hoping to be able to make Da Liu Ren and Tai Yi calculators when all else is done, although not sure it will be possible with the existing info, we will see.

Anyway, since next is the BaZi part, if someone wants something in it that isn't in the other free calculators out there, feel free to post. And again bazi-calculator is free for reasonable use, so I don't plan to focus on the BaZi calculator at our website too much. : )
No point giving free alternative to something that is already free and we are happy with.

Gmuli

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2019, 08:27:27 AM »
We were talking about this in the other forum, seems good idea to clear it out here as well.
A lot of visual stuff(everything more or less) can be changed from your own PC after the site is already running.

Lets say you want borders.

In Firefox, press F12.
Go to Console

Write this:

And press Enter for borders.

Similarly any javascript thing you want to change you can do after its already running.

Gmuli

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »
Another example lets say you want to remove the Menu text, as you want to make screenshot and it does show up now on all pages.

Press F12.
Go to console.
Type this:

document.getElementById("menubutton").style.display = 'none';

Enter.
And it will be gone. : )

Gmuli

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »
We will remove the buttons for taking screenshot. The reason for that is that there is much easier way now with Firefox(probably with all browsers, but as the website is made with Firefox in mind, will cover that).

To use check the URL line for the 3 black dots. Click that and click Take Sceenshot. Then choose what part of the screen you want saved and click Download.

Easier way to do the same, just open the site you want and press Ctrl+Shift+S

Images how to do it here:
https://screenshots.firefox.com/

Its much simpler and more useful then the code on the side, even more so consider it has some problems connected to it, so it will be removed at some point, this should be much easier and nicer.

Gmuli

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »
Was mentioned that the WWG site has some function that people may not know when they visit it. So I added a tour to it explaining some functions. To start it load the site and press Help up left corner(press Ctrl+F5 if you don't see Help there).

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Re: Gmuli Web Apps - hexagram names
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2019, 06:34:10 PM »
Hi Gmuli, I have just discovered that you use the Wade-Giles system for the hexagram names.  But there are some corrections that I would like to suggest for the following hexagrams:

5 Hsu --> Hsü
10 Lu --> Lü
16 Yu --> Yü
56 Lu --> Lü

Hexagram 10 and hexagram 56 are the same in pronunciation but different in Chinese: 10 is Lü 履 (Treading) and 56 is Lü 旅 (The Wanderer).

This is one source for the hexagram names as translated by Richard Wilhelm: http://www2.unipr.it/~deyoung/I_Ching_Wilhelm_Translation.html#5

Gmuli

Re: Gmuli Web Apps - hexagram names
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2019, 08:20:01 PM »
All done, thanks for feedback. : )
(need Ctrl+F5 if it doesn't show, right away)

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2019, 07:49:25 AM »
Hi Gmuli,

I have a suggestion on the readability of the Liu Yao software plot.  For example, in the case Does this project end well with this teacher?, the text on the right side Void Branches are Xu and Hai.  Void Stream ends in ... (and so on) would be nicer if it was well-aligned.  Do you think you could modify that a bit?

Gmuli

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 09:34:01 AM »
Hi Gmuli,

I have a suggestion on the readability of the Liu Yao software plot.  For example, in the case Does this project end well with this teacher?, the text on the right side Void Branches are Xu and Hai.  Void Stream ends in ... (and so on) would be nicer if it was well-aligned.  Do you think you could modify that a bit?

We are working on a lot of changes in the way it looks.
But as its third party libraries it takes some time to implement them.

Will post when we have something. But all that stuff should be better after the change.