Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Is reading tarot a gift?  (Read 3689 times)

Offline PdStelle

Is reading tarot a gift?
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:46:48 PM »
Is reading tarot a gift?

Can it be learnt?

Unlike practising  Astrology, reading Tarot or any other type of Cards can be an innate ability for some people. They are gifted with a power of vision that it's stimulated by the cards, but they cannot explain how they do it and therefore, they cannot  pass their skills on to you.

Cards reading can also be learnt. They say that you shouldn't buy your first Tarots: they should be given to you as a present. I received mine by a good friend 15 years ago: a Celtic Tarot I still use today, it's  my favourite.
There are many different Tarot decks. If you are a beginner, it's better to use a classic such as the Rider-Waite tarot deck.

Offline PdStelle

Re: Is reading tarot a gift?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:02:31 PM »
[Hidden post: You need 1 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]

Offline Happydut

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:42 AM »
Hi Masters & Friends...
Hi @PdStelle ...
I heard too that the Tarot cards should be given...
My Tarot deck given as a gift when I  bought Tarot book. Is that OK???
When I used this deck to other people, It can give correct answer...
But when I used it for my self, the answer usually wrong answer...
For example I was reading about moving to another rented house, the fool was taken. I thought that I will move to another rented house(because the fool is new beginning). But Finally I cannot find suitable house, so I stay in the same house until now.

Offline PdStelle

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »
Hi, @Happydut !

Most times it's difficult to make a reading for one's self, we cannot be neutral enough to understand what the cards are trying to say.

Your cards are fine! They're yours, by now. 

Every now and then you can purify them with some incense. Let an incense burn, then expose the cards one by one to its smoke.

Offline PdStelle

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 11:58:45 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline Happydut

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
Hi, @Happydut !

Most times it's difficult to make a reading for one's self, we cannot be neutral enough to understand what the cards are trying to say.

Your cards are fine! They're yours, by now. 

Every now and then you can purify them with some incense. Let an incense burn, then expose the cards one by one to its smoke.

@PdStelle thanks for the tip...
Just burn 1 incense? Can I expose whole cards together to its smoke?  ;D

Offline PdStelle

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »
Hi Happydut!

Better do it one by one, it doesn't take long!

Next I will write about grounding and self-protection techniques to be carried on (briefly) before consulting the Tarot.

Greetings!

Offline Happydut

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 04:31:19 AM »
@PdStelle  Thanks for the tips...
I will waiting for your next writing... :)

Offline Ari

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 07:09:52 PM »
To answer one question cropping up, its not only Incese, you also can keep the cards close to you in a special pouch, with either special stones (moonstone for example or quartz etc..) or other 'dear' personal things to purify them/ get them used to your aura to be able to 'reach' the divine. .. trying to grasp english terms to connect the meanings... anyway.
Incense is interesting by the way.. is it an asian thing?

I didnt hear it should be given to me until today - interesting.
What I did read though is that you should not let other people touch your personal set of cards. Not even family, close friends or requesters.
Especially cards that you use for yourself /your own divinations.

Yes, Rider - Waite + book also was my first tarot deck. ( i still have it but mostly use the other I will tell you about later)
 I bought it out of curiousity - there were no people around me who could have taught me.
I also did not feel anything special at that time and used the "learning method by looking up what it means" and slowly learning about the cards.
Mostly did things like 1-3 daily card reading or just "reading to memorize" basically asking questions and then pondering on what connections can be there.
This was the first set, and tarot for me was  - something interesting, but nothing special.

Story incoming~~~ ♪ Just passing through hehe

Until one day I had come across a specially drawn set of tarot cards. commissioned by an artist, and with the art book - later I also read the interpretations of each one - each card's spiritual story in my country's language.
The cards were very beautiful and nothing of these drawings would have implied otherwise, but even before I touched them I felt they were dangerous for me - I was like "they are so beautiful, this beauty is to cry for I felt something from them and ... honestly at first I put them back and thought not to buy them.
But I could not resist the temptation of beauty and danger in the end. . .

... why dangerous you ask? Because divination power is dangerous.. We do not always want to pry open the vulnerable part inside of us.
And these cards do it. I seem to connect very easily to the feelings and intentions during the reading, and honestly, I do have a picture/photo diary of each of the reading with them. I also keep them close and still in the box to be able to connect easier.

Well, long story short - Until today , each time I use this set
(and I mostly use it for personal purposes because of this reason)
 I cry after the read. Or during the read. Or both.
And, while I did become more easily touched in the recent years (not the cards fault)
I am a person that does not cry easily at all.
I hate crying, and I hate crying even more infront of other people.
So - were they dangerous or is it their price?
Who knows..

Offline PdStelle

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 02:24:07 PM »
Very interesting story, @Ari , I just read it now. Better late than never!
What a peculiar effect those cards have on you! You may ask them why.

Offline Albert the Scorpio

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 05:44:38 PM »
Happy belated new year to everyone. Thanks for this interesting thread. :)

I'm new here but I'm kind of old too as some of you know me.

There are many ways to connect to your Higher Power. The Tarot is definitely one of them, at least for me. I use it mainly for my personal spiritual life, and the learning journey has been fun and interesting. I have made my fair share of wrong predictions so I'm still learning. Learning from my own mistakes & wrong predictions have sharpened my skill. The 78-Tarot card deck is not perfect as it cannot visualise every scenario in your daily life. Even if you enable the 'Reversed' function, 156 scenarios are still far from perfect. We enhance the accuracy by introducing the 10 card Celtic Cross, but unfortunately I am still not good at interpreting Celtic Cross as I seldom use it. One card is enough to drain my energy. 

If you compare the number of permutations, Bazi has more permutations than Si Hua ZWDS. But if you use San He ZWDS, the number of permutation may surpass Bazi. QMDJ divination seems to have more permutations than I-Ching divination (in the form of Liu Yao / Mei Hua / Tie Ban) - I can't be sure of this - but less permutations doesn't mean inferior. I believe that less is sometimes more. That's why, most of the time, one Tarot card alone is usually enough to give me advice. Also, affinity is very important. You must have affinity with the divination tool. Any form of divination can be learnt. It's still possible. But if you do not have affinity, it is a lot harder to learn it. You may have to work with other outstanding issues in your personal life before considering divination.

Hope this helps. :)   

PS: Yes. Tarot is dangerous. Any form of divination is dangerous. Knowing the future is dangerous.
However, do consider the opposite scenario. Not knowing the future can be even more dangerous.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:51:45 PM by Albert the Scorpio »

Offline PdStelle

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 07:31:05 PM »
Nice reading from you, Albert!

Offline DiegoFS

• BaZi, Feng Shui, QMDJ, I Ching, Mian & Zhang Xiang
    • View Profile
    • DFS Chinese Metaphysic
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 04:43:07 AM »
I would like to share some of my personal experiences with colleagues who have opened this Tarot link.

32 years ago through a shaman woman (belonging to an indigenous tribe in my country Colombia), I learned to handle the Egyptian Tarot. Which and through the years I was perfecting it by studying the Hebrew Kabbalah, and also, the Esotericism of the Egyptian Empire of Antiquity (little by little I studied the Texts of the Sarcophagi, Egyptian Mythology, the Book of the Dead, a good part of the hieroglyphs inscribed on the pyramids, mastabas and nearby temples the delta of the Nile River). Even, at some point I studied based on the guidelines of the Neoplatonic School of Master Iamblichus, which although had great influence in Greece and Syria, but was also famous in the area of the city of Alexandria more than 16 centuries ago.

I have used the Egyptian Tarot (the 22 major arkans and the 56 minor arkans), both its sephiras and its kliphots, but only to investigate my personal spiritual process and I very rarely inquire about my material processes. Most of all I do it to clarify the meaning of my dreams. But I have been able to realize that when I have been more spiritually tuned in, the Tarot is clearer and more precise in its answers. Sometimes I feel like he's talking to me. But when I have had weaknesses in the spiritual part, also the oracle, gives me vague or wrong answers. I think it always acts according to the spiritual vibration that one has.

About 15 years ago, I had a few clients that I charged for doing such readings. And on one occasion a woman who I knew had a rather disorderly sex life asked me for a consultation; the fact was that at one point she touched the deck of cards with her hands and after that I realized that the Tarot did not work again, it is as if it had been misconfigured. Given my sadness and concern, I decided to give it to a friend who was studying Hebrew Kabbalah. And I had to change the Tarot for a new deck. In one way or another I began to close the consultations to the public of the Egyptian Tarot, until I did not do them again. Itīs  as if I distrusted people and that some client touched the deck.

Until about 10 years ago I learned to handle the I Ching and its 64 hexagrams in the form of playing cards with solvency. And today I use the Egyptian Tarot for my queries personal spiritual and the I Ching for use if I use it for my own consultations, but sometimes I use it for consultants (private and virtual service). What happens is that I use the I Ching for very specific cases, since I prefer to offer the BaZi Chinese Astrology, the Chinese Reading of Faces and Hands, the Qi Men Dun Jia, the Fengshui and only as a last option do I consider the I Ching (I have a lot of respect for oracles and I prefer not to abuse their use to ask about anything).

By the way, little by little I have been moving away from the Egyptian and Hebrew Kabbalah and the Esotericism of the Babylonians that were their forerunners and rather, I have been leaning more and more towards the Taoist Internal Martial Arts. And something if it is true, the more I have been able to advance with the Doctrine of the Tao, the answers of both oracles: the Book of Changes and the Egyptian Tarot, also called the Sacred Book of Thot, are more and more precise and exact. If you have balanced internal energy, the aura of your hands becomes more powerful.

Greetings to all.