Fivearts.org

Author Topic: San Yuan Da Gua 三元大卦  (Read 677 times)

Gmuli

San Yuan Da Gua 三元大卦
« on: February 07, 2024, 09:10:55 AM »
I was thinking I should start a topic where we can gather the information in the open about San Yuan Da Gua. This is very interesting looking system with 3D relations, so it can be nicely related to other systems and to pure math/geometry as well!

Currently, there are very few sources. Starting with this interesting video of what looks like the Donut/torus in Sacred Geometry:

https://fb.watch/q2Y-ZBj_Kl/

This seems more valid, actually, as there is process of "abstracting" that geometrically may look like that(we view, we synthesize what we can conceive of etc.)

There are a few interesting videos and a blog post here:

http://bazifenshui.blogspot.com/2015/09/what-is-yin-yang.html

And there is article here:
https://www.davidyek.com/yifengshui/category/sanyuan-dagua-19977208032282321350

If peoples see more feel free to post and I plan to do as well, when more gathers.
So far the videos of the periods and the Cube seems to be the best clue, as we can try to dig into that one and figure out what is happening there, what I am looking into when I can. : )

Offline ren

Re: San Yuan Da Gua 三元大卦
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 06:44:28 PM »
Hey Gmuli,

I have not looked at the material posted, but the content creater is a long time FiveArts member @Borneo219. He was very active back in the fivearts.net days.
Maybe we can pull him back online again.

Ren
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Gmuli

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 08:27:31 PM »
Oh... That were the forums before the .info ones I guess?But makes sense if he wanted to write more about it to have already done it here or in the other forums or places...

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 08:43:43 PM by Gmuli »

Gmuli

Re: San Yuan Da Gua 三元大卦 - Yin and Yang Early Heaven
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 02:56:27 PM »
Suprisingly, it seems that this:
https://www.davidyek.com/yifengshui/-sanyuan-yinyang-early-heaven-gua#comments

Also is falling into the same category I think.
Here one may wonder - why is it tilted...

Kevin Chan had videos about the combinations, I think it was referencing the same tilt(Wu/Wei etc.).

And logically, there are 2 tilts that could be based upon.
1. The Earth is tilted in relation to the ecliptic - the plane most activity in the Solar System takes place on.
2. That also means Earth is tilted in relation to the Sun.

While we can often see specific degrees, there is good reasons to think that the actual tilt is not static, it moves from around 21 to around 25 degrees if I remember, correctly.

Now, that brings so many fascinating questions.. First is, is this always valid?As in the second case(based on the light of the Sun), the presented tilt would be there only for the months around Summer solstice. As during the equinoxes, the light is equal, that is why the Day length is equal to the Night.

So is it static, or are there 3 or 4 more schematics based on the month... More research is needed!As wise forum members used to say...
Yet if it is based on the ecliptic, there is always tilt there, so doesn't need more schematics, this is the only one needed.

Anyway, fascinating stuff for sure, yet there still seem to be more questions then answers when it comes to the 3D representation of... Anything, really. : )

Gmuli

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 02:38:52 PM »
Here is interesting video about the sphere. In the channel there are more.

For me it will need a lot of testing, 3d models etc. to be able to comment on it,with some confidence, but just going over it, so far, I would expect the 3d representations to resemble something like this.

Gmuli

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 04:18:13 PM »
For me it will need a lot of testing, 3d models etc. to be able to comment on it,with some confidence, but just going over it, so far, I would expect the 3d representations to resemble something like this.

OK didn't really need a lot of testing, even the first steps doesn't add up.
I like the idea of the lines not sequential, however, so far it seems that is it. Although nice to see a dodecahedron in this as well, also what is called "Fruit of Life" sometimes, although to be fair that is just because they are unfolding the dodecahedron it seems.