Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Mobile view in bazi calculator  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Voytek

Mobile view in bazi calculator
« on: August 29, 2019, 02:01:52 PM »
Dears members and BaZi Calculator users,
finally I put some more effort to prepare a mobile-friendly view in bazi-calculator.com.
Many users requested this option, one of them is @nilox .
In fact I still think that bazi calculator is much more functional for desktop users, myself I almost always use it on desktop, it gives broader view and you get better focus.
But sometimes quick glance on a mobile device would be useful.
I have prepared first version, if you are interested please have a look and let me know if the direction is right. If the mobile view is useful, then I will continue working on it.

To test this option on your phone, please go to "Premium Options" section on bazi-calculator.com main page (in fact this option is available also to non-premium members).
Then click "+" button in the Options box. Then please click "Mobile-friendly BETA" option to enable mobile mode.

What is changed:
- elements on chart flow and get wrapped one under another, instead of being displayed on one level like in desktop mode;
- every section has a "+"/"-" buttons that enable hiding elements on a mobile device - you can get rid of elements that you don't use;
- and some minor adjustments.

If you have some suggestions, please let me know. The option is not yet finished, it's a beta version, but first I want to know what you folks think about the whole idea.

Online JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Re: Mobile view in bazi calculator
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 03:13:58 PM »
Nice development of the Calculator, Voytek!  I've just tried it on my Android phone (see below).  The number 2 there indicates that this is the second window in my browser (Firefox on Android). 

The natal chart all the luck pillars are laid out to fit the whole phone screen.  And this chart happens to come from an ongoing Bazi case study in this forum.

Offline Voytek

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 12:31:01 PM »
Great, that was the main purpose. Thanks for your screenshot!

Offline nilox

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 12:57:23 PM »
Wow sweet! I think it's going in the right direction, just need more tweaking and adjustments! :)

Online tyc

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 08:41:40 PM »
R u the owner / creator of the website?  I must say the free tool is great.

Offline Voytek

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 03:58:12 PM »
R u the owner / creator of the website?  I must say the free tool is great.
Hello tyc, yes I am the creator, thank you :)

Online tyc

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 12:16:17 AM »
I always find it difficult to understand the bottom part of the analysis of the stars in the website.  Can u recommend or offer direction in understand some information on this part?  Thank u for u time

Offline Voytek

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »
I always find it difficult to understand the bottom part of the analysis of the stars in the website.
But do you mean symbolic stars descriptions? Or interactions list?

Online tyc

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Both if possible.  I'm a diy learner so any information r welcome.  Thanks

Offline Voytek

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 05:40:55 PM »
Hi,
as for symbolic stars, there are star descriptions available as links under every chart if you have premium version. But you need to know that symbolic stars are only cherries on cake.

As for interactions, well, one place to learn those is this forum :) and MangPai course by JLim, owner of this forum.
There are also some other sources, many books out there.

But in fact I think it is really best to learn interactions as a part of broader approach so IMHO it is best to attend a course, find a master who will teach you all the stuff and answer your question. Book is not enough. Teacher saves you a lot of time.
I would really recommend finding a local BaZi teacher/master in you country or attending an online course, like the one I've mentioned.
Flesh-and-bone teacher will tell you when you are wrong or what is important and what is not.
This is the simplest way.

Online tyc

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 06:01:01 PM »
Thank u for your information & guidance.  I'm a diy & always try to learn things the hard way because it's most coat effective way.

Offline Voytek

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 06:55:51 PM »
I understand, in this case I think forums are great way to get knowledge and exchange experience, I think forums are better than books.

I also am a DIY, really, I've learned programming myself, with no-one's help, did bazi-calculator.com myself, but as for bazi, this is so specific and broad knowledge that I think having a master really saves you much pain. There are things that you can't learn from books. And I think that some local teachers also can be a cost-effective way, of course it depends on where you live. Most valuable knowledge I have about BaZi is from masters/teachers.

If not masters, then forums.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:05:49 PM by Voytek »

Online tyc

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 12:06:23 AM »
Thanks for sharing.  Given the information, I'm certain u intellectual level & capabilities are far greater than me.  Ideally, it is to have a mentor / teacher available when learning.  However, there r those that are not born with given talents & resources.  Thus to obtain such knowledge, one must work for it & not paid for it.  I fall in that category.

Thanks for sharing.