Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Career reading from Mangpai perspective  (Read 7208 times)

Offline Elros

Career reading from Mangpai perspective
« on: March 20, 2019, 05:32:40 PM »
Hi there,

Firstly, I'm very excited to join this forum and nice to meet all of you! Started my Metaphysics journey a few months back, and have been learning it almost obsessively. Recently, I started reading up more about Bazi, and got to know about the Mangpai school with it's unique way of working the charts.

On that note, I'm curious to interested what a Mangpai perspective of my chart is. I'm likely to switch jobs/careers this year, so any advice or words of wisdom you can provide will be really helpful. Specifically, here are some questions I have:

• What grade is my Bazi chart, and my estimated income level?
  • Should I be invested in the markets, or play safe with bonds/fixed deposits?
  • What type of industry or role best suits my character?
  • Given my current decade & upcoming year-pillars, what would be the next best step for me this year?
  • Remain at current company, start a side-hustle
  • Join another large stable company, start a side-hustle
  • Join as an early employee in a startup with high potential (likely no side-hustle since it'll be busy)
  • Don't work for a company, start my own business or free-lancing work

For your reference, I've attached my chart. I'm happy to answer any questions confirming events, etc. And also happy to share any outcomes. There's an ongoing thread with some events on the other FiveArts board but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. Just search for my username "elros". In any case, ask away and I'm happy to answer!

I've also tried to do some rudimentary Mangpai analysis below, but feel free to skip as it's just a stab based on what I know at the moment. Thanks a lot in advance for your time on this, and hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Elros

• Geng-Metal DM grows Ren-Water stem in Month pillar, so Output Structure?
  • Yin-Wood branch in Day pillar combines with Hai-branch in Hour pillar, so Controlling Wealth structure?
  • All pillars are unstable except for Year pillar, meaning DM is too weak to control wealth
  • Hence, dependent on Ding-Fire in Year pillar to control wealth, so DO-type work further away from home is best?

Offline PdStelle

Re: Career reading from Mangpai perspective
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 09:13:43 PM »
Hi Elros,

Welcome to FiveArts.org!

No, You cannot post contents from another forum without permission of the other forum administrator and of the forumers who posted in your thread. Copyright issues!
 Greetings  :)

Offline Elros

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:55 PM »
Hi @PdStelle ,

Thank you for the welcome and explanation! Yes, I can completely understand that, so won't post contents from another forum. :)

Also, totally realized that I forgot to include my birth details just in case my attached file doesn't work. Here they are:

• Date: 10 Feb 1987
  • Time: 22:51 (Hai hour)
  • Place: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • Sex: Male

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 04:34:56 PM »

bazi-calculator.com

I've been very busy lately, so can comment only a little:
  • Geng-Metal DM grows Ren-Water stem in Month pillar, so Output Structure?
  • Yin-Wood branch in Day pillar combines with Hai-branch in Hour pillar, so Controlling Wealth structure?
Yes, your chart uses Output, but it's not a controlling wealth structure.  Wealth is Yin Tiger, and there is no Metal at all, so there is no way that Yin is controlled.

Offline Elros

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 07:45:52 PM »
Hi Sifu @JLim ,

Great to meet you, and thanks for personally responding! No worries, I understand your time is valuable, so really appreciate you providing your thoughts so quickly despite your schedule.

This is a helpful head start for me. I'll try and continue my own self-study and analysis (and present it here). But in the meantime, if anyone else here willing to chip in or answer any of the questions, that would be amazing.

Thanks again,
Elros

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 02:15:16 AM »
Wealth is Yin Tiger, and there is no Metal at all, so there is no way that Yin is controlled.
I got a message from an observant member asking about "no Metal at all".  Indeed, there is a Metal, which is the Daymaster itself.  Her observation is valid. 

However, this specific Metal does not control Yin Tiger.  This is an important concept in Mangpai, which I explain in greater detail in my course.  That's why in this case Yin Tiger is not controlled at all.

Offline NewMan

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 03:33:20 AM »
Wealth is Yin Tiger, and there is no Metal at all, so there is no way that Yin is controlled.
I got a message from an observant member asking about "no Metal at all".  Indeed, there is a Metal, which is the Daymaster itself.  Her observation is valid. 

However, this specific Metal does not control Yin Tiger.  This is an important concept in Mangpai, which I explain in greater detail in my course.  That's why in this case Yin Tiger is not controlled at all.
DM element is not counted in manpai? What could lacking of metal mean to him?             
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:36:55 AM by NewMan »
Om Mani Padme Hum.

Offline Elros

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 05:21:17 AM »

Thanks for the explanation, Sifu @JLim! At some point, once I get better at CM and saved up some money (gonna be hard, based on my own analysis), I would love to take your course. The Mangpai method is really interesting to me.

Here's my attempt, and putting it here for everyone's discussion. I'm likely wrong in many places, so please correct me if so. Also, I’m ultimately trying to answer the following questions to make decisions soon - if I’m badly mistaken, any hints or corrections would be highly appreciated.

Bottomline:
  • My Bazi chart is poor/normal, and my estimated income level is 7 digits, but wiped out to 6 digits this Wu-Xu decade
  • I should not be invested in the markets or businesses, especially this decade due to Xu-Branch removing my Mao-Wood Wealth
  • I shouldn’t start my own business, and it’s better for me to work for someone else this decade due to low Wealth
  • In fact, I shouldn’t quit my job because there’s chance that I may not be able to find employment this decade, depending on the year pillar
  • I'm still unsure what type of industry/role best suits my career - probably something that requires “Direct-Officer” & “Eating-God” elements
  • Since my chart lacks Self & Resources, potentially Metal or Earth-type industries like Finance, Property, Insurance will work well

Image 1
  • Day-Master Geng-Metal is creating Ren-Water Output in this chart
  • Since there are no other Self/Resources, we can treat Output as a representation of Self/Resources
  • Here, Ren-Water Output combines with Ding-Fire in Year Pillar to create Wood Wealth, but I’m not sure if this is considered “work”
  • If considered “work”, that means Output in Month pillar generates 1 extra digit to my estimated income
  • Ding-Fire in Year Pillar is on top of Mao-Wood branch, so it should be Authority controlling Wealth in a stable pillar
  • Since it’s Year pillar, means the Wealth is earned from abroad via a Direct-Officer type role

Image 2
  • Lots of Wood-Wealth in my Earthly-Branches
  • Additionally, there should be a Self in Hai-Branch in Hour pillar (due to Output representing Self/Resources)
  • Unfortunately, Yin-Wood in Day & Month pillars combines with Hai-Branch to become more Wood/Wealth, so takes away the Self
  • Unless, we consider this “work”, and instead, this means Self has created more Wealth, adding 1 extra digit to estimated income
  • This forms a very strong Wood gang, which completely overwhelms my Self “Metal/Water” gang
  • If Wu & Xu-branches enter during periods, all my Wealth will become Fire and also get wiped out
  • Only Wealth element available for use is Mao-Wood in Year pillar
  • With Xu-Branch entering this decade pillar, my Mao-Wood is also wiped out, meaning I will lose money/investments this decade

Image 3
  • Using Guest and Host system, we can see Wealth is everywhere!
  • There’s a lot of Wealth, but no one to use it (since there’s not Self/Resources, and Output has been combined out)

Income Estimation
  • Start with 6 digits
  • Add 1 digit from Images 1 & 2 (if there was some work done)
  • Usually should have 7 digits (so about USD 150k annually)
  • However, because of Wu-Xu decade pillar, Wealth element is wiped out, bringing digits down to 6 again (~$15K annually)
  • Thus, there is danger this decade of me not having employment, and I should do my best to stay in my job

Offline PdStelle

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 07:32:11 AM »

DM element is not counted in manpai? What could lacking of metal mean to him?             
Yes, DM counts but Geng cannot control = obtain Yin

Offline NewMan

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 01:24:12 PM »
Dm sitting on wealth. Should have full controll right?lots of wood to chop chop. Anyway i know nothing about manpai.  :-[
Om Mani Padme Hum.

Offline Dao

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 02:57:42 PM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 03:23:21 PM by Dao »

Offline NewMan

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 02:56:25 AM »
So without roots or EB DM can't controlled it wealth? Or it wealth is in combo so not suitable to control. Is there a time when he can control it? His first LP chou hhs got xin. What can we tell from this coming chou? His 2nd LP is geng zi. No metal in hhs. Does that also read as can't control wealth for his 2nd LP?
Thank you Dao for taking your time to helps us understand it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:11:58 AM by NewMan »
Om Mani Padme Hum.

Offline Dao

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 08:19:20 AM »
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:27:57 AM by Dao »

Offline Elros

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 08:31:22 AM »
Hi @Dao ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide an elaborate response on this! It's very much appreciated. On top of NewMan's question, would you mind providing some advice/guidance on two things?

• Since I have a lot of potential wealth, but can't control it - it seems that I may have a large inheritance or maybe will have a rich spouse. But also means I shouldn't invest/speculate because no control. Would that be accurate?

• It also sounds like this chart is not suitable for running own business - is that correct?

Thanks again, and really appreciate you laying out my chart in detail. It's really helpful, and I hope to join this group and study Mangpai at some point once things settle down more for me.

Best,
Elros

Offline Elros

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 08:44:52 AM »