Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Forms and Attributes of the Line Positions  (Read 2008 times)

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Forms and Attributes of the Line Positions
« on: June 30, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline Dao

Re: Forms and Attributes of the Line Positions
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 09:48:21 AM »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 08:05:36 PM »
Hi Dao, I think overall they describe the line positions quite well, although I disagree with some. 

The most interesting assignment for me is the time assignment throughout the year, for example the first line is November/December, second line is January/February etc.  For time assignment, I mostly use the Branch and specific interactions of the Branches.  For example, Zi = December, Chou = January etc. just like in other fields of Chinese Metaphysics.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 02:52:36 PM »

Courtesy of my good friend Dao, from her post in Sports Prediction using WWG or/and SuperIChing :

Forms and Attributes of the Six Levels
(Liu yao Xiang)

Google translation Le livre de la Simplicit� by Zu-Hui Yang & Hiria Ottino (p.113-116)

"First line
Allies, auxiliaries or adversaries: A multitude of common people; student; unemployed.
Relationship: Grandchildren.
Body: Body part at one end (feet, mouth, sexual organs.)
Disease: Disease at the feet.
Time: Morning; Months of November and December.
Constructions and habitat: Outback, hamlet of peasants (nong cun); Kindergarten, kindergartens; Official buildings (for officials, agents without great power).
Business and activities: A thought hidden in the heart, difficult to express.
Travel: Possible occurrence of a great misfortune. Various possibilities of actualization: Person without faith or law - "who has no soul", that is to say, one can expect the worst - new (information); plants.
Second line
Allies, auxiliaries or adversaries: Person holding a small official position - Religion; Intelligent person.
Relationship: Couple
Body: Exterior or lower body part: cheek, leg.
Disease: Leg disease; thighs ; uterus.
Time: Before noon; January and February.
Constructions and habitat: Quarter of a city; Small agglomeration.
Business and activities: Concerns about personal problems.
Travel: Presence of an accompanying person.
Various possibilities for updating: Fruits; Bamboo. - group of believers; Cordial and expansive person who easily binds friendship; A married person who earns enough to maintain his family properly.
Third line

Allies, Auxiliaries or Opponents: Director; Student, adolescent (aged 13 to 16); Married person living at home in her own home.
Relationship: Brothers and sisters.
Body: Body part located substantially in the center of an area: basin; nose.
Disease: Kidney disease.
Time: Afternoon; Month of March, April.
Constructions and habitat: Average city; Borough council.
Business and Activities: Concerns about family issues. - trading.
Various possibilities for updating: Forests, vegetables.
Fourth Line
Allies, auxiliaries or opponents: The highest rank of any state body (ju zhang); General manager ; Professional school (16 to 18 years); A person with a certain amount of capital.
Relationship: Brother of the father.
Body: Side, region of the ear.
Disease: Disease at the level of the rib cage.
Time: end of afternoon, period before sunset; May and June.
Constructions and habitat: Government of the State, capital or large city of the State. Technical College.
Business and Activities: Concerns about human problems.
Travel: Surface vehicle (train, boat, automobile).
Various possibilities of actualization: Gifted person; disciple.
Fifth Line
Allies, auxiliaries or adversaries: Minister, President (Director General) of large corporation.
Relationship: Parent (father and mother)
Body: Heart and lungs; Eyes.
Disease: Heart disease, lung disease.
Time: Night; July and August.
Constructions and habitat: Capital of the country. Colleges and Universities.
Business and activities: Case of the courts.
Travel: Road..
Various updating possibilities: Gold; Light, heat; Very intelligent person.
Sixth Line
Allies, auxiliaries or adversaries: Royal Family; Active or retired persons who have positively influenced the company; Influential person in retirement; Powerful person because extremely rich.
Relationship: Parents (living or dead) of the father.
Body: Head.
Disease: Headache.
Time: 3 to 5 am; September and October.
Constructions and habitat: Foreign country; Palace; Hospitals; research Institute ; A prestigious research institute that has made its mark on society.
Business and activities: State affair.
Travel: Country of destination.
Various possibilities for updating: Precious metals; Diamonds - a person with a mental illness; drinks ; Phenomena which science can not explain; Person who assists a person of lower rank."

Is this symbology used by someone in Liu Yao practice? Could you give an example of its use?

I think that the majority is mostly fixed in the active lines that change, the line of the self and other, etc...

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 05:20:15 PM »
I think its important, but I don't use it like this.
Line 6 is outside of the situation in my experience. Suggest the factor on it, we may not be aware plays a role(or if its us then the situation hasn't fully started yet).

Finding some stuff can be easier on the lines, one is nearer you, other near other people.
And Puppy used it in more ways, for example line 2 represent home and other stuff, but I couldn't get that to work well.

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
I use line positions but disagree with some of the assignments that Sacrar quoted.

Here is an example of line position in application: House and Move situation need help! :D Urgent!

And Puppy used it in more ways, for example line 2 represent home and other stuff, but I couldn't get that to work well.
Yes, in principle I agree with this.

I also used a line position in the hexagram of Gmuli about a missing cat, but I cannot locate that topic anymore.  Gmuli, could you relocate that?

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 12:01:47 PM »
It would very interesting if someone knows:
1.  how to evaluate any of 6 lines by it's  yin or yang nature .. in an Hexagram...

2. How to combine the yin /Yang (nature) of any line with yin/Yang nature of Earthly Branch that posses  any line ..!!

3. The above 2. When there is a moving line and its changed one ... (how to evaluate )..??

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 02:11:11 PM »
I use line positions but disagree with some of the assignments that Sacrar quoted.

Here is an example of line position in application: House and Move situation need help! :D Urgent!

Yes, in principle I agree with this.

I also used a line position in the hexagram of Gmuli about a missing cat, but I cannot locate that topic anymore.  Gmuli, could you relocate that?

Ohh I see what you mean, 6 line as a very high place there:
- Mao combines with Xu, which is the topmost line of the hexagram.  It means a very high place. 

Was here:
http://fivearts.org/index.php?topic=751.msg4874#msg4874

It makes sense in this situation, yea.

Tientai:
Puppy used that too, a little. But I'm not currently using it so can't comment on it. It probably works, though.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2023, 11:41:00 AM »
Ehh... As a wise character in awesome video game(well, back then it was awesome, anyway) once said:
'All I ever wanted was to study...'

But things are more complex, lately. Anyway, here are the line Images we currently use:
https://www.bright-hall.net

There is more to it. Much more and there are reasons for much of that and ways to use it. More on that another time, possibly. : )