Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Six Clash hexagram - (1) Career Question and (2) Indigestion from Eating Pizza  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Gmuli

Interesting example from AK Gurus blog. Uses some rules I'm wondering about lately.

So here is the link:
https://www.akguru.my/post/iching47-4214?postId=5ed7b331bcb66d0017958de4

Here was the hexagram:

The interesting part is that he is using hidden moving lines 2 times, once for Zi and once for Yin and it seems it did worked out in practice in the specified month.

But its rules that I still have some doubt on, there are cases it seems combination with day branch does lead to movement, yet there are some where it doesn't.
So I'm wondering... Since the way he is reading it, it will take months to actually see that something was going on, could they be moving but with more rules attach to it(like it shows at the month/day/hour that clashes the line to set it free as some rare sources seem to think)?

Anyway, interesting example, lets review it.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
I copy paste ak guru analysis...

1. Original hexagram as clash-hexagram

➡️ The career will be having an undulated changing.

2. Asset-Yin holding bird is hidden moving, line 5 in empty condition. But clash-hexagram again make all becoming moving-line, line 5 void-filled.

➡️ This year Shen-month, there will be an unexpected financial problem. It is caused by an argument or dispute. Will be affecting income and career.

3. Line one Zi-water is hidden moving.

➡️ After argument event on Shen month, this already leads to your resignation. The maximum you can stand after this argument event will be about 4 months time. Meaning that Zi-month will be definately the last month you can stand with your company situation. Then resignation will be served.

4. Line 5 sibling is fake-void.

➡️ Shen month is not 100% will be going to resign. There is still an uncertainty factor.                                                                                                                                                                 

Feedback and suggestion:

Late Wei-month, (about to getting Shen-month) Mr A is having a very unhappy meeting with his employer. Shen-month, his boss asked him when he wanted to leave this company (with the way in making a joke). He leaves immediate on that day.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 06:37:43 PM by Tientai »

Offline Gmuli

Aha, so lines are moving not because of combinations or clash from month but because its clash type hexagram.

This is interesting. May work.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 07:15:43 PM by Gmuli »

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Dear gmuli hi .
I don't think all lines are moving on this clash type hexagram ..
The possibility of " movement " in an nonmoving hexagram comes only from the clash by the day branch ..(secret moving line )                                                                                                     
Another influence that can make a tedency of movement of an unmoving line is if this line is in Wang or Xiang stage by the Month and day ..!!
But this is for an anmoving hexagram  only ..!!!
Just put my thoughts ....

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 07:39:43 PM by Tientai »

Offline Gmuli

I used to agree, but I searched for examples and found one just a few days ago.

I thought was suppose to be good(its about eating pizza) yet it turned out to bring problems.
https://www.bright-hall.net/wwg/2/51,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,3,2020-05-31,03:52/

My idea was that my line is strong, it clashes the food line, yet with it being so strong it won't matter much. What can show problem would expect to be  Officer or wood lines and since both are not moving and officer is in void it should be fine.

Yet if we look at Officer as moving and supported by the day, that is very different picture and can explain stuff.
And I did had problems afterwards again with large intestine as usual and that line should have been in void.

Not saying its a 100% thing, but its definitly enough to reconsider the rule(at least it is for me).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 07:45:15 PM by Gmuli »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Here are some comments on the analysis by the other website (as copied-pasted by Tientai):
2. Asset-Yin holding bird is hidden moving, line 5 in empty condition. But clash-hexagram again make all becoming moving-line, line 5 void-filled.

➡️ This year Shen-month, there will be an unexpected financial problem. It is caused by an argument or dispute. Will be affecting income and career.
I don't agree with the hidden moving of Asset-Yin.  Yin is Wood, and strong by Day, because Hai Water produces Yin Wood.  If Yin was moving, then it would be stronger.  In that case, loss of income would not be that drastic (losing a job and the salaries).  What happens is Siblings-Shen "appears" in Shen month, giving it strength to clash the Yin.
3. Line one Zi-water is hidden moving.
I don't agree with the hidden moving of this one, either. 
Gmuli has a point, we cannot test Zi month, because Zi is far away.  Zi is December, while Shen is August, and the employee already quit in Shen.
Feedback and suggestion:

Late Wei-month, (about to getting Shen-month) Mr A is having a very unhappy meeting with his employer.
Yes, I agree.  Although "very unhappy" is a bit understated.  If we include the Six Animals: Shen+Tiger clashing Yin+Bird = they had a very heated argument.

I don't think all lines are moving on this clash type hexagram ..
The possibility of " movement " in an nonmoving hexagram comes only from the clash by the day branch ..(secret moving line )                                                                                               
Agreed, Tientai! 

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
I thought was suppose to be good(its about eating pizza) yet it turned out to bring problems.
https://www.bright-hall.net/wwg/2/51,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,3,2020-05-31,03:52/

Hi Gmuli, in this hexagram, Self and Others line are both equally strong by Month and Day.  But the Others (Object) line has hidden movement, as suggested correctly by Tientai below:
Therefore the Others line moves and is somewhat stronger than Self.  Others is the object or food that you eat (Wealth line = food).  It's stronger so it's difficult for Self to digest.  Others line comes with Gou Chen, and Gou Chen in the Six Animal images can represent the digestive system.  You can see it as the food "moving" in your digestion.  In Liu Yao, certain things are better when it's non-moving, for example the Others Wealth line in this case.

Officer line (Illness) does not move, so I don't see that it actually brought an illness.  Just a discomfort that's shown by "quiet" Self clashing a moving Others line.

Offline Gmuli

Hi Gmuli, in this hexagram, Self and Others line are both equally strong by Month and Day.  But the Others (Object) line has hidden movement, as suggested correctly by Tientai below:
Therefore the Others line moves and is somewhat stronger than Self.  Others is the object or food that you eat (Wealth line = food).  It's stronger so it's difficult for Self to digest.  Others line comes with Gou Chen, and Gou Chen in the Six Animal images can represent the digestive system.  You can see it as the food "moving" in your digestion.  In Liu Yao, certain things are better when it's non-moving, for example the Others Wealth line in this case.

Officer line (Illness) does not move, so I don't see that it actually brought an illness.  Just a discomfort that's shown by "quiet" Self clashing a moving Others line.

Ahaaa, I see it makes sense, thank you!

Offline Gmuli

I do have to agree that you are becoming really good with the system, its awesome to see.
Happy to be here. : )

Offline ren

[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline Gmuli

I like line 6 as psychosomatic and I'm not sure the Officer was moving, maybe Jlim is right and was just food problems(food line too strong and clashing) although I haven't fully given up on the idea of clash leading to all lines somewhat moving.
But the food line being too strong does make a lot of sense and it fit how it felt.

Earth as worry - very much agree with that, earth = yi意 as spirit of the spleen = a lot of stuff including worry, I use that a lot with the other 神.
Also digestion, though connection of worry and digestion should be easy to do, similar to breathing and fear(or "unable to take it all in")  with the po魄 etc.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:02:19 PM by Gmuli »

Offline ren

[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Psychosomatic: sixth line alone is not enough, in my opinion.  Look at this: Yong Shen for psychological disorder, the Parent line must be connected.  In this hexagram, there is no connection between Parent line Zi, Officer and the Sixth line.

Even if the Sixth line alone was enough, a mind/emotion problem would not lead to the indigestion (psychosomasis), because this line is also very strong by Month and Day.  It was just the food was a tad stronger since its line "moved" (hidden moving).

Offline ren

[Hidden post: You need 20 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Can Gmuli confirm that the issue with the pizza was self-resolving, and that he did not take any remedy at all?