Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Solar date in northern and southern hemisphere  (Read 155 times)

Offline Sacrar

Solar date in northern and southern hemisphere
« on: May 21, 2021, 02:00:54 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Online Gmuli

Re: Solar date in northern and southern hemisphere
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 08:15:25 AM »
So the @Gmuli  calculator is not universal? 

Some people invert the time for the other hemisphere. There are multiple ways of doing that and seems more then one is often applied.
Some use Solar Time. Some use Sidereal time. 
Some use the time when the event will happen. Some use the time when they are asking. Again both can be Solar, Sidereal. Both can be inverted or not...
Some use the time when the question first came to the person asking. Some use the time the person asking came to them. Again can be Solar and Sidereal... Again can be inverted or not.
All this can also be using Chinese time or not, as well. And for Chinese time that could be Beijing time, that would be somewhat easier to convert, to Solar Time and that will need a calculator...

There are other approaches as well.

Does our calculators work with all that... Sure. Convert the time to what you want it to be and it will work. It won't calculate it for you, of course, as we couldn't know when much of that has happened.

We will add Solar Time again someday, but part of the calculations we used were from author we aren't working together with anymore, so will have to rework that. But can't say an estimate on that, as I'm not currently looking into it.
The only calculator I made that had Chinese time conversion was the ZWDS one and that is not in the open for a while now... There are websites that can do it very easily and effortlessly.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 07:32:03 PM »
Suppose we use a solar date and  solar chinese calendar. Would the whole planet be under the same influence of the same month pillar and day pillar (terrestrial branches), whether in the northern or southern hemisphere?

If so, what doesn't fit me is that in the southern hemisphere it is Autumn season and in the northern hemisphere it is Spring. So if we use Liu Yao with a solar date in a southern hemisphere country, some things would be out of place or somewhat incongruous. Unless the principle of synchronicity prevails and the hexagram obtained for a southern hemisphere querent gets the information adapted and ready to be used with the Chinese solar calendar. Something like this... I don't know...

Online Gmuli

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 08:13:24 PM »
Can recommend to read all you can find about what AK call "customised setting". We have some explanation in here as well, as I thought its already in the open. What that is, how it works, what is the difference between "customised setting" and "general setting"...

There is enough info to understand what it is and how its used and once you do the whole system changes and all these questions will be answered in a very whole way. It will also explain some other questions like how can possibly Alex use Chinese time, present very convincing examples of why he uses it that we can't find explanation about and at the same time we know from our own practice it can't ever work well.
And many others. : )