Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Let's talk about HS combination  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Chat time

Let's talk about HS combination
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:42:35 AM »
Maybe you guys are too busy lately but I felt the forum is a bit too quiet.

So I'll start the ball rolling...

滴天髓: 【丁火柔中,內性昭融,抱乙而考,合壬而忠,旺而不烈,衰而不窮,如有嫡母,可秋可冬】

Inside this sentence we know that the meaning of 合壬而忠 is talking about Ding Ren combine and Wu earth will not clash Ren thus the word 忠.
How do you determine that Ding Ren is indeed combine? Distance? Sitting EB? Season?
So if Wu cannot break this combination, does it mean we should use Gui?
During combination, will Ding still clash Xin?

P/S: It's for discussion purposes and contribution for the forum. Please do not give answers as YES/NO/Depend season, etc... Let's have fun debating and giving examples... jokes and craps are welcome but please keep it within HS. As we know EB is entirely another topic to debate about. Hopefully it can turn out fruitful for the Bazi learners.

Offline Dao

Re: Let's talk about HS combination
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 09:49:57 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 09:57:57 AM by Dao »

Offline Chat time

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »
Hi Dao,

Thanks for replying. I don't know anything about Mangpai or Blindman. I started with ZP and will probably end with ZP. That's why you didn't see me participating in ZWDS topic because I know nothing about it... LOLz. I personally feel that ZP alone, one can never finish learning.

It is very important to be clear of HS combinations as it affect the accuracy of predictions. 天干看富贵,地支看吉凶。
E.g - Yesterday is the first day of 庚午 month and it was a 甲戌 day. 庚甲 is going to clash but what if one is in 乙未 LP? Will 乙庚 combination cure 庚甲 clash? This is what we called 贪合忘克. If a weak 甲 DM meet this yesterday is probably going to sh*t his pants but due to 庚 didn't clash 甲(only for him), actually his luck is good for him yesterday instead of bad as 比肩合正财.

I'm interested to see how others look at issues like these. How about 贪生忘克? I personally don't think it's correct about 先论合再论生后论克. Something governs these rules. Is it EB? Will it be season? Have anyone found the answer? Is anyone willing to share?

Thank you Dao for sharing the article by Peter Leung. I hope more people will clear their busy schedule soon and chat here. I'm not saying that you cannot reply with short answers, just saying please elaborate more to explain why Yes or No, etc.

Offline Dao

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »

Offline Chat time

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 01:26:44 PM »
Dao, I have to apologise. I'm really bad in these translation stuffs. I can't seem to effectively bring out the true meaning of the chinese text. Let's leave this to the experts to help us... any kind souls?  :D

Thank you for bringing up puppylove's quote. As he puts it, EB is the criteria to allow HS combination to happen. If 丙戌 wants to combine 辛, 辛 has to be sitting on 丑. Anyone can attest to this statement? But 1 thing I don't quite agree. Bro puppylove believe that Bazi has to be 1 to 1. As he mentioned,"There is no spare to combine the Stem off with." What I feel is that if a 庚 hit a 甲, all the 甲 in the Bazi will be hit. The problem is whether is it a clean kill and if 癸 is available.

Let do another example. My colleague's bazi 7 Mar 1971 male. He win lottery $40,000 last Saturday (1 June 2019) and as we know the result is out on 7pm. Btw, he's follower chart. The point is, notice 7pm the 甲 combined all the 己? We don't need 3 甲 to combine 3 己. Please don't come and ask me provide evidence of winning like the other forum. I PM you his mobile number you can go and ask him yourself.  ;D

So puppylove post might be the key to solve the problem but element shouldn't be 1 to 1 interactions. Btw, I don't remember seeing his post for a long time... He still hanging around Bazi forums? Change nick?

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 02:00:44 PM »
I think the quote was in the context of self-combining pillars.  :)
So more related to - if we have a Earth Branch where by default the hidden stems are so difficult to interact with, what we would need for them to be free and if they are when they will be busy in other relations and when they can actually combine with the Stem on top of them.

For the stem combinations outside of self combining pillars(that are a very specific situation after all) In my point of view stems combinations happen always, so they don't need to be on top of specific branch, or to wait specific season to trigger etc. but we may need related stem in LP/AP, so that interaction is actually triggered.
Also sometimes it seems its also triggered by the Pillar years in life(so Month pillar will trigger not only from LP but also from becoming 19-35 year old etc.)

Just my experience/view of course. : )

Offline Dao

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 04:05:22 PM »

Offline Chat time

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »
Ah...I see... If what he meant was HHS combining with HS then that is totally a different story.

What I'm trying to discuss is when we look at a bazi... people will goes like Jia Ji combine. Did it really combine? Many will say yes because there's earth in month season or no otherwise. I'm not talking about transformation. I'm talking about did it combine in the first place? Some will say yes because the season allows it, but how about the Geng or Yi in other pillar? Not doing their job?

Let's say you have Ren in month HS and now entering Ding LP, how do you determine if combination will takes place? I don't care about transform or not because if we cannot determine combination, there's no transformation to talk about. We cannot predict something wrongly then say that Wu didn't clash Ren because combine with Ding or the other way round. In Bazi we have to be accurate and not using the 乱抢打鸟 method.

Gmuli, you wrote,"For the stem combinations outside of self combining pillars(that are a very specific situation after all) In my point of view stems combinations happen always, so they don't need to be on top of specific branch, or to wait specific season to trigger etc. but we may need related stem in LP/AP, so that interaction is actually triggered.
Also sometimes it seems its also triggered by the Pillar years in life(so Month pillar will trigger not only from LP but also from becoming 19-35 year old etc.)
"

Yes, this is what I would like to discuss about. Could you please expand more on it. An example will be nice!  :D

Offline Chat time

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 04:22:27 PM »

P.S. login by respect, especially if you are talking about someone who is maybe not there to reply  presently.

Too late to modify, maybe if moderator reads can set a login thing.

I don't know how to set... moderator if find it inappropriate can set my posts too  8)

Offline Dao

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 05:57:32 PM »

Offline Dao

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 06:33:57 PM »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »

Offline Chat time

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 05:56:25 AM »
Ahhh... Bill Gates... who is more interesting person than world richest man.

Although he is born in season but it's a weak Ren DM. I noticed a lot of world successful people are either born like these or strong DM but weak season. It's like want you dead but you survived. 不得令但男儿当自强. 不得地但处处花胜开.

Let's put his chart to the test...

1978 - 身弱食神制七杀. Made his first million
1987 - 劫财制正财. Became billionaire
1990 - 偏财制偏印. FTC began investigation into possible collusion between IBM and Microsoft.
1996 - 比肩制偏财. Became the world wealthiest man.
1998 - 七杀制比肩. Hit on the face with cream pie and law suits.
1999 - 伤官制正官. Publish best selling book - Business @ the Speed of Thought
2000 - 伤官合偏印. Step down as CEO of Microsoft.
2001 - 正印制伤官. Law suit overturned on appeal.
2008 - 偏财合正印,七杀又攻身. Though his fortune continues to grow, Gates loses his spot as the richest man on the planet.

Of course these are selective timeline on those suitable pattern. I'm just verifying what already happened. English we called it reverse engineering and chinese is 马后炮  :D The point is to confidently predict these event even before it happen.

I didn't even look at the EB and just based solely on the HS interactions with LP/AP with his Bazi. I also didn't take his hour pillar into consideration. Although there are people guessing around but I will believe it when Gates himself announce it. Just like Li Ka Shing is born in almost every hour in the internet world. Anyway, if gates is indeed born in Xin hour and Bing Xin in the chart did combine, then some of the points above will not be logical. E.g 1990 偏财制偏印 - It would not had happened if Bing Xin is combined.

Anyway, really nice to see people chatting again... please keep posting.

Offline Dao

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 10:51:30 AM »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:57:46 AM by Dao »