Fivearts.org

Author Topic: six animal 六神 Gou chen or Qi lin ?  (Read 4856 times)

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Re: six animal 六神 Gou chen or Qi lin ?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 09:14:07 AM »
Next question about six animals 六神 is :
1. Their elements can involve to the strength of the month just as six kins  ? .. or can fall any animal in  Kong wang?
Yes, strength and weakness influences the interpretations of the Six Animal.  And Kong Wang too.
2. Can we arrange six animals using monthy Heavenly Stem to judge our Hexagram?
The Monthly Heavenly Stem is not relevant at all.  The Day Heavenly Stem is what is used to plot the Six Animals, but that's only for plotting and not interpretation.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 09:32:03 AM »
Yes, strength and weakness influences the interpretations of the Six Animal.  And Kong Wang too.
An example Please ...!!
we are on spring season with Mao wood monthly EB..
We make a today question ... and place six animals on relevant order on the lines of an Hexagram..

Today is Chen  EB /with Wu HS (heavenly stem) ..
so Azure Dragon with its wood as representative  element on 5th line .. can we use it (Azure Dragon) indirectly as timely ? ..
And Black tortoise with its water representative element as in prison on the 4th line ? ..
We know right now that monthly EB can influence six kins on lines in  an Hexagram. ..
By this question .. we can make more specific steps on using six animals and knowing their strengths.. on another way !!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:55:09 AM by Tientai »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »
Timeliness of the Six Animal is determined by the Branch that comes with the Six Animal, not by the element of the Six Animal itself.

For example, if the Six Animal on the 5th line is Dragon, and on that line is the Branch You Metal: Dragon is untimely in this month, because Metal is trapped in this month of Mao.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 05:11:31 PM »
Timeliness of the Six Animal is determined by the Branch that comes with the Six Animal, not by the element of the Six Animal itself.

For example, if the Six Animal on the 5th line is Dragon, and on that line is the Branch You Metal: Dragon is untimely in this month, because Metal is trapped in this month of Mao.

Thank you Jlim .. I know this is the standard procedure on this subject...
I reffering if there is any influence on representative element on six animal 六神  from monthly EB .. I checked it from an ancient text 斷易天機 - Duan yi tian Ji...
Perhaps this can influence some schools of fortune telling....!! .
That's why I am reffering  ...if this proposal is in use or not ...
Tt.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:14:35 PM by Tientai »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 06:40:32 PM »
I reffering if there is any influence on representative element on six animal 六神  from monthly EB .. I checked it from an ancient text 斷易天機 - Duan yi tian Ji...
No, I do not use that influence.  That would lead to some inconsistent applications.  Six Animal is attached to the Branch, and Branch is the one that has seasonality. 

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 03:12:47 AM »
No entries in english I had found on the internet that describe Gou Chen as enciclopedic way, however, Quilin.

Quilin is a species of Chinese unicorn, and is associated with many different chimeric animals according to the dynasty, but all of them within the family of ungulated animals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ungulate

Gou chen (勾陳) is curved array / hooked array / grappling Hook or Yellow dragon, related to Ursa Minor (polar star) and Little Dipper.

http://www.baike.com/wiki/%E5%8B%BE%E9%99%88
Yoep Yap describes it here: https://books.google.es/books?id=zaJJDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA71&lpg=PA71&dq=Gou+Chen+%E5%8B%BE%E9%99%88&source=bl&ots=qu2z3n6XHM&sig=ACfU3U2aBNo6hx4DB9X4kk3rfSrELnzkYg&hl=es&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjap7fh1qnlAhUly4UKHdSQBGUQ6AEwBnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Gou%20Chen%20%E5%8B%BE%E9%99%88&f=false

I have discovered that in the end all this mythology is reduced to Chinese astrology, celestial bodies, constellations, stars...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 03:35:17 AM by Sacrar »

Offline tanpai

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2019, 09:09:45 AM »
勾陳星辰(陽土Hook Chen Xingchen (yang soil
勾陳(辰):主田宅、音信、勾連空詐、爭訟打鬥、軍人、
醫生、藥品、屠戶、崗嶺等。
 Gou Chen (Chen): The main Tianzhai, the news, the hook, the fight,argument , the military,seize, separation of main official affairs argument.
Doctors, medicines, butchers, Gangling,(post ridge?) etc
The official seal, verify, close the case, detect thieves, objects.

For example, if your car is stolen, Xuanwu and Gouchen will be the first to search.
 Wei branch on  the domain indicate   south an Li- kua says more.

Offline tanpai

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2019, 09:21:44 AM »
Continued