Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Kong wang filled by myself?  (Read 812 times)

Offline Sacrar

Kong wang filled by myself?
« on: August 17, 2023, 02:43:27 PM »
I had a question regarding a technical issue. I asked if it was favorable to go swimming in the sea. The question comes from the fact that I doubted if the sea was in bathing conditions or not, and if I would enjoy it.

When I saw the empty subject line I said to myself "ok it is obvious that I am not sure if the sea is in condition and it is reflected as empty". Here emptiness point a psychological or mental aspect. So what I did was to go and check it at once and go to the bathing place (I have it 50 meters from home). The result was that I saw the conditions of the sea in better conditions than I thought; it was not quite suitable for swimming (there was some danger at times) but I got to swim. Other people also went swimming. Other people however chose to swim in a puddle for safety.

But of course the hexagram shows a solid emptiness that moves to return vitalization. Can such an emptiness be vitalized by the Hai water Asset? the emptiness is filled by myself? i.e. it fills the emptiness depends on myself to go or not to go? because since the date (neither day nor month) the emptiness is filled. Only the year supports it, which is not common in WWG that the year fills the void.

PS.
- Another view of the matter is that the hexagram only has value or meaning in the moment, but it loses its validity once I decide to go and check it out for myself.

Any comments in this regard would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 03:03:20 PM by Sacrar »

Offline ren

Re: Kong wang filled by myself?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 05:42:29 PM »
Hey Sacrar,

Hope all is well,

Just my observation without looking at the hexagram. Your question was “if it was favorable to go swimming in the sea”.
This is based on your concerns:
1) I doubted if the sea was in bathing conditions or not.
2) If I would enjoy it.

I don't know if it matters or not, but I tend to think your query is based on two somewhat unrelated concerns.
The Hudson River (in New York) used to have raw sewage and industrial waste in it, but people still used to enjoyed swimming in it.

The classic George Carlin – Hudson River raw sewage routine starts at 2:45) →  
Please note, Mr. Carlin sometimes uses profanity.  ::)

Ren

"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 06:46:36 AM »
Just my observation without looking at the hexagram. Your question was “if it was favorable to go swimming in the sea”.
2) If I would enjoy it.

I don't know if it matters or not, but I tend to think your query is based on two somewhat unrelated concerns.
The Hudson River (in New York) used to have raw sewage and industrial waste in it, but people still used to enjoyed swimming in it.
Sacrar, good point by ren.  And another remark of mine without looking at the hexagram: the main question is #2.  Why so?  Simply because the first sentence says "if it was favorable to go swimming in the sea". 

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 07:04:12 AM »
And that video of George Carlin  ;D ;D ;D  , what a legend! 

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 08:13:54 PM »
2) If I would enjoy it.

It is common to have several things in mind when you ask. 1) and 2) are related. If the sea is not in condition I would not be able to bathe therefore there is no fun. Sea conditions in this case refers to calm sea, low waves, low swell, low danger for bathing, etc.

But we are straying from the question of kong wang...

Offline ren

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 11:39:43 PM »
Hi Sacrar,

This is an interesting case to think about. And it depends on one’s perspective about (going) swimming.
I tend to think your query question was a little open-ended. And then you stated “It is common to have several things in mind when you ask”.
I tend to think that type of question may give an open-ended answer or an ambivalent one.
They tell us to keep our query question concise and focused.

They said, I think if your query question was “Is the sea in a favorable condition for swimming today”, your hexagram might have given a more direct answer.

With regard to Kong Wang, I guess in general what is empty is not real. As the Subject is empty, I think that tends to indicate your query has no substance (as you noted).
Joseph Yu list some rules, that I don’t use directly. He states if strong or moving, it is not void.

From The-Monk →  https://fivearts.org/index.php?topic=751.msg4876#msg4876
It's because you missed out on some of the rules for Void/Empty. Which would have altered the reading.

1. Void cannot support others. Neither can it be supported others.
A. Unless it exists within the Month (as it is impossible for it to be Void and exist within the Day).
B. It is being Clashed by the Day whilst being supported by a third party (Month, Moving Line that can Support, etc)

Within your reading, whilst there is support within the day. It would have been the same as a Botanist trying to save a patient. The Botanist is trained and recosnises the concepts needed to save the patient. But in the end, it simply isn't viable.

Within the interactions, there was simply no support helping the animal. You had the animal (Focus) not able to receive help (Void). You had a moving line (Wu, 4th line) that attacked (and capable of doing harm, because it had the power of the Month behind it) the Focus. This is not a sign of fortune and safety for the Focus.

So, to phrase things in The-Monk’s way; the Subject (yourself and your query) receives no help.

Thus, you did the right thing and went outside and checked the condition of the sea.
Your query did answer your question, it gave you a course of action (you obviously wanted to go swimming that day). Your query possible gave you something to ponder the next time you write a query question.

Ren
@Sacrar
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 05:07:57 AM »
I would not recommend swimming for enjoyment, because
1. The Self line is in real voidness
2. The Self line has no Qi by Month and Day
3. The Self line comes with Officer (Ghost)