This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - JLim
« on: April 21, 2019, 06:14:58 PM »
Just passing by to look at this very quickly, since I've been super-busy lately. Just one comment: your line position (S or Subject) is very weak: Month Break and also overcome by the Day. On the other hand, his line position is pretty strong, since he gets the Month.
Thank you for sharing your work!
1. Ti & Yong -->preferably Self & Others. I have limited time to explain now, but for Liu Yao (Wen Wang Gua), the philosophy is different than Ti & Yong (such as used in Mei Hua or Plum Blossom).
2. Hidden line: could you put it at the leftmost column? We need to read the hidden line together with the line of the original hexagram. So, if there is space, I'd prefer both lines to be aligned.
3. Can you highlight the Voidness (if any) in the hexagrams?
In this example, Xu is Void so maybe use a special notation for the 6th line of the result hexagram? Something like (戌 Xu) -- using parentheses. If you use parentheses, I would also remove the parentheses from the Six Kins, so "Child" instead of "(Child)".
4. I would really like the option to hide irrelevant branches in the Result hexagram. For example, I would rather not see the 4th line of the result hexagram 午Wu Fire. The 4th line You Metal is not being overcome by 午 Wu Fire! If the option is not chosen, then the user can see ALL branches as shown in your screenshot.
5. Move the four pillars closer to the hexagrams. When you do that, for example, Shen (Month) would be close enough to Si Fire (6th line), which is nice because Shen-Si makes a combination. In the current layout, Shen seems so far from Si.
« on: April 04, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
Actually the main reason why Others line is the Yong Shen comes directly from how the question was formulated:
Someone asking if it is favourable to purchase a residence.
If the question was formulated: Can I make a profit from buying and selling this house?, then the Wealth line would be the Yong Shen.
I understand your way of thinking that the monetary aspect is very relevant, because it sits on the Others line. Point is well taken. However, if the Wealth line does not sit on the Others line, it can also be significant for the divination. For example, if Wealth combines with Others, then the monetary aspect is as relevant as in this case.
I reffering if there is any influence on representative element on six animal 六神 from monthly EB .. I checked it from an ancient text 斷易天機 - Duan yi tian Ji...No, I do not use that influence. That would lead to some inconsistent applications. Six Animal is attached to the Branch, and Branch is the one that has seasonality.
Xu clashes Chen: having the tombs open (or the contents inside being available) is correct, but it's not really the major cause of auspiciousness. But that's for a deeper discussion, which I'm not ready to write now.
Back to the birth time:
Honestly I do not know ZWDS, but I definitely think that the hours should be the same in ZWDS and Bazi, because both are birth chart systems. I don't agree with those who say that Bazi uses solar time, while ZWDS uses clock time. I agree with those who say both use solar time.
Currently, she works as head of strategy for a tech firm after switching jobs last year.Switching jobs to become head of a department implies higher salary and/or position.
Anyway, from Bazi, last year Wu Xu has a Xu-Chen clash. The clash is good in this case
Sounds it's more likely Si hour then?Apparently so. What hour was used for ZWDS?
Timeliness of the Six Animal is determined by the Branch that comes with the Six Animal, not by the element of the Six Animal itself.
For example, if the Six Animal on the 5th line is Dragon, and on that line is the Branch You Metal: Dragon is untimely in this month, because Metal is trapped in this month of Mao.
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:47:38 PM »
What is the Yongshen? The Object of desire is the residence, and that lies on the Others line.
Next question about six animals 六神 is :Yes, strength and weakness influences the interpretations of the Six Animal. And Kong Wang too.
2. Can we arrange six animals using monthy Heavenly Stem to judge our Hexagram?The Monthly Heavenly Stem is not relevant at all. The Day Heavenly Stem is what is used to plot the Six Animals, but that's only for plotting and not interpretation.
« on: April 01, 2019, 08:54:01 AM »
I've seen another version of the text:
This is one is more correct, because it says two Chou. Indeed in the hexagram there are only two and not there Chou.
And note that 間爻 is a specific Liu Yao term called "Intermediary Line". It represents other people "in the process" of getting the house. Depending on the context, it may be a property broker, a competitor for the purchase etc. It may even be the bank that lends the money if it's an Officer line.
As I said it depends on the context, because in ancient China, there is no bank credit for a house purchase. But in modern times, very few people buy a house without a bank credit.
4. Depends in our understanding on Liu Yao ?Six Animals are very useful in differentiating the Six Kins in more detail, giving us more details of the persons, matters or objects. They also help us in improving the accuracy of the interpretation. It's a pity that the classical books do not discuss them, or only perfunctorily, giving the impression that sometimes they are usable, and sometimes not.
« on: April 01, 2019, 08:22:17 AM »
Nice to have you on board, Firelink!I second that
Do you think that Qi lin and Gou Chen are same animal or different ?They are different animals, but then for Liu Yao purpose they mean the same. In my previous example, Qi Lin+Wealth can also mean "fixed time deposit". Whether or not the meaning is positive or negative depends on another factor, for example how strong the line is etc.
Strategic move? I would see Teng She (Snake) rather than Gou Chen.
Powered by EzPortal