Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Three Way Combination (San He) in Liu Yao  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Three Way Combination (San He) in Liu Yao
« on: November 14, 2020, 08:44:02 AM »
Some time before was a mention that half trio combination isn't occurring in Liu Yao Gua ..

Offline Gmuli

Re: Three Way Combination (San He) in Liu Yao
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »
And the person that mentioned that is using different rules then I am. ; )

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 10:13:23 AM »
If we look at previous topics, The Monk used 2 things when it comes to San He combinations.
First was the idea about 1-3 and 4-6 we looked at that already.
The other in one of the examples, one of the lines became stronger, because of half san he with the month branch.

As I said before, I'm usually trying to get what The Monk is using(now and before) first, if I can't then I'm using other stuff. So far this does work very well, 1-3 and 4-6 together with the idea of strengthening a line from half San He with month.

How exactly it works, with time it will be clear, so far I can only say for me it works.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »
If we look at previous topics, The Monk used 2 things when it comes to San He combinations.
The other in one of the examples, one of the lines became stronger, because of half san he with the month branch.

As I said before, I'm usually trying to get what The Monk is using(now and before) first, if I can't then I'm using other stuff. So far this does work very well, 1-3 and 4-6 together with the idea of strengthening a line from half San He with month.

How exactly it works, with time it will be clear, so far I can only say for me it works.

@Gmuli what is 1-3 and 4-6?

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 09:45:41 PM »

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 08:33:04 PM »
I doubt that he uses 2 elements for a San He. 

Not quite. Among the other ways for the Three Way Combination is where "certain" moving lines and their transformed lines form that Combination only, and there are specific reasons for this particular case.

Typically it is lines 1 with 3, or 4 with 6. The reasoning being they each represent Heaven and Earth between each Trigram, and Man with Space or Man with Time in the Hexagram.
Please note what I have underlined: there is a transformed line involved.  So it's either
- lines 1, 3 and the transformed line, or
- lines 4, 6 and the transformed line.
In both cases, we come up with a total of three elements.  Note that he said "Three Way Combination", denoting that there are three elements involved.

An example of both cases appearing in the same hexagram is this one: Football match.

However, this is talking about San He, so we are diverting a bit from the original topic of Sacrar.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 09:09:09 PM »
I doubt that he uses 2 elements for a San He. 

Can't remember where it was mentioned, I think it was this, but no time to check more into it.
Doesn't really matter, though, I do use it. : )

http://fivearts.org/index.php?topic=897.msg6276#msg6276
The-Monk: With regards to the Hidden Movement of a line, much like everyone else, I do not see how it can be viewed as such on its own. In theory, there is at least one school that would see this line as applicable for Hidden Movement because of the Month performing a Half-Combination with the line and hence imparts enough strength to it that it is able to undergo Hidden Movement to produce particular outcomes.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 09:25:56 PM »
The way I look at this issue of San he formation is that I do not like to limit this principle to this directive alone ... 1-3 / 4-6 .. and its changed lines ...
It is better in my humble opinion to be free where it is formed by the moving lines in participation of both the month and/or  the day. .

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 09:41:08 PM »
Tientai, I do agree with you. And The Monk does not restrict it to only the 1-3 or 4-6, either.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 10:00:42 PM »
Would be significant if we focus on what prevents a seemingly formation of San He ..!!
This has much validity ..

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 08:53:55 AM »
The way I look at this issue of San he formation is that I do not like to limit this principle to this directive alone ... 1-3 / 4-6 .. and its changed lines ...
It is better in my humble opinion to be free where it is formed by the moving lines in participation of both the month and/or  the day. .

I guess, of course we are all free to use whatever works for us... Yet this is somewhat suprisingly, as Alex also uses 1-3 and 4-6 and I thought you liked the approach he uses?

http://www.superiching.com/combo.htm

A combination appears when the first and the 3rd line move. Combination also appears when the 4th and the 6th line move. See the following sign for an example.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 10:26:47 AM »
@Gmuli ..hi

Yes correct I was a fun of Alex Chiu (not a follower yet inspired me so much !!) .. but long time after I realised to be free of this allegiance on this principle ..
Of course this principle is real when is happening [.. just for sure for beginners ] ..
but now due to so many examples I noticed that isn't the only law (1-3/4-6 ..) because happens in a different way frequently with other way around ..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:35:26 AM by Tientai »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 10:42:09 AM »
He seems to be focusing so much on this though:

I have discovered these different types of combos the hard way; Find out the result after it happened.  I think this chapter is the heart of this entire book.  These combos are so important that leaving them behind means blind-folding your eyes.  You must remember these combos because they are accurate everytime.   They are your road map to success!

But I get what you mean, I do think we all use what has proven to work for us, so in that sense outside sources while very helpful at times, aren't the deciding factor.

I can't comment on what is preventing the combination in my experience, as we seem to strongly disagree even on the very early steps and ideas of how it works, so going deeper into it is not possible, currently for me.