Hi Tientai, there is no Six Animals in the hexagram?
I think the father will come back home safely. Now it's Chou month.
When may he come back? If near, then Yin or Mao day; if far, then Yin or Mao month.
Father had a fight with or lost his secret lover. This was such a heartbreak for him, so he finally returned.
Liu Yao analysis:
1) Father is the Parent line, which is the Sixth Line Mao Wood. This is also the Yong Shen.
2) Mao Wood is a moving line, and it's clashed by You Day Branch.
3) Moving and being clashed indicates movement, in this case moving back home. Why "back"? Because the Sixth line is a distant location.
4) The line moves into another line, which is Zi Water (Officer).
5) The changed line produces the Parent line, so he will come back safely. I don't regard Zi-Mao as punishment.
6) Zi Water also clashes Wu Fire (Third line). Wu Fire is Sibling line, which represents a companion (as Dao said). He will separate with his companion.
7) Yin Wood at the first line is the other Parent line. This one represents the mother, waiting for father in the inner hexagram (First line), which means their home.
Timing of return (if indeed he returns!):
- Yin or Mao month is when Mao Wood becomes strong. So it will be able to withstand the clash from You Day Branch.