Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Quiz 36- Divination: Which year is lucky to move ?  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
Re: Quiz 36- Divination: Which year is lucky to move ?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
Hi, @Phoenix ..
My view on this subject is :
Taking Month  (branch) as a Commander of 30 days (branches ) ..
A. For Month subduing/ hurting / clashing and ---- Day producing / Supporting 
- This looks like an example of a cloudy weather all Month long but some days occasionally there's sunlight... (Inside this bad condition / situation .. there is a drop of Hope / or opportunity or chance for the better - [swift happenings but not last long ] ).
B. For Month Producing supporting and ------ Day clashing / hurting / insulting.
- This like as a sunny Month with occasionally some days with clouds ... the rest explanation is yours  ;) ;)
-

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 07:17:57 AM »
thank you, senior Tientai

that's very insightful  :)

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »
thank you, senior Tientai

that's very insightful  :)
BTW .. from your above query  .. your friends are male or female ? .. are married ? ... can provide some useful info for them ?

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 08:00:28 PM »
Hi all.....

in example above, day EB and month EB are the same, so we have no doubt to determine qi phase of lines. How if day EB and month EB are against each other? Take example below,  based on day EB (Si-Snake), line 1 Si and line 4 Wu are strong. But based on month EB (Zi-Rat), they are dead. So, line 1 & 4 are prosper or dead?

thank you

I share a quote from Alex Chiu on the influence of Day versus Month.

Many books taught that if the appointed is struck by the month, the appointed can be described as a dead root with a dying stem.  Even something comes to produce the appointed, the appointed cannot be saved.  If something comes to hurt the appointed, the appointed can be destroyed with ease.  But based on my experience, the power of the month is not as powerful as how other books described.  I personally don't focus too much on the month.  I mainly focus on the date.  I feel that the date is much more crucial than the month.  I feel that the month only has 35% of governing power, and the date has 65% of governing power.   If the month favors the appointed while the date kills the appointed, the appointed star still is healthy.  If the month kills the appointed while the date favors the appointed, the appointed star is strong.  If both the month and the date kills the appointed, the appointed star is dead.

My reference book in Spanish only takes into account the influence of the Month. The day is only used for everything else (six animals, 12 life stages...).

Others say it depends on the issue/question. In some cases the influence of the day is more important (e.g. a sports result on the same day of the casting) and in others the month is more important (e.g. how the economy will develop in the next months).

I have also seen masters who do calculations between the date of day and month and take an intermediate value resulting from either adding, multiplying or subtracting the strength of Month and Day.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:07:14 PM by Sacrar »

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 08:37:01 AM »
thanks, Sacrar

the last paragraph really make sense. it would make the reading richer in result.