Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Gmuli Web Apps  (Read 4599 times)

Offline ren

Re: Gmuli Web Apps
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 08:31:43 PM »
[Hidden post: You need 10 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]

Online Gmuli

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 08:39:15 PM »
[Hidden post: You need 10 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]

Online Gmuli

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »
If we can add this post to the first one will be great, so people can find the link.  Thanks. : )

Here it is with most of the changes we mentioned. @Tientai alternative view will come soon hopefully, but until then no reason not to post the already working version.

So link is here:
http://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalc.html

We will make a site in the future there, but for now its nice to have the calc up and running, so people can use it. : )

I added what we mentioned already. Animals show on the left now, the lines of the Resulting Hexagram are hidden by default, they show up if they change or if we click "Show All Lines". We can see the stems on the place of the animals by clicking to show the stems.

There are 2 ways to input Hexagrams.
  • We can click Upper and Lower Trigrams to Select Them.
  • We can choose a number of Hexagram and it will show it

Changing lines we add by clicking the space after the line. Hidden lines will show up on the left os Self/Others if there are any.

And we can generate random Hexagram.

All is dynamic so there isn't need to refresh the site.

For the BaZi date and hour, the month is selected first, just the way controls work in HTML5.

So far the code is half on javascript and half on PHP. My idea was to move all calculations to PHP, but thinking about it now, no reason to rush. Will do it in the future, meanwhile members interested in programming can see the code, also calculator can be used. The BaZi and Solar Calendar was already moved to PHP, however, so that will only show ajax requests.

Check it, let me know if you want some improvements.
What I'm currently working on:

Chinese Terms for all lines.
Alternative view for @Tientai
Moving the code to PHP and compressing the JS after, it will load faster, but the code will be unreadable.

Have idea to add the gods later as well(Hostile God etc.) as lately we talk about them a lot.

If you have visual problems try ctrl + + and ctrl + -. as sometimes on some resolution that may fix it.

Let me know about impressions/possible problems and enjoy. : )

Gmuli/Deian
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:44:20 PM by Gmuli »

Offline Tientai

• Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 08:09:51 PM »
@Gmuli .. hi ..

Very good job you did ...
it's like you got to the top of an iceberg ...
This App. is  good for common use in every examples, Quizzes, or holding records so quickly and effectively ....

*Some observations for fewer improvements are in the photo below.  I've put the possible improvements in a cloud ..

I could somehow to publish this photo only by[crl copy .. Paste] or any convenient way you propose,  or any idea to create a png file ...?

Heaps of thanks @Gmuli for this work ..
tientai

Online Gmuli

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
I haven't forgotten, but needed some more time.
The alternative view from your image is here:
http://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalcTheme2.html

So here we go, alternative theme 2:

While that theme looks like this:

Colors of Animals - will set them with the characters in the days to come.

How to make screenshot.
I'm using this free app:

https://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Ctrl+Alt+Print Screen - this will capture the active window(current one).
Then we open the app we go to edit paste.
May ask us to we want to resize canvas, we do!

Then we can make selection of what we want to show with the tool top left(looks like rectangle).
After that pressing Image>Crop to Selection and we are ready with Image to upload.

We can upload in the server here and just link in the post. : )

Online Gmuli

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 10:50:16 PM »
Some bugs with Chrome were fixed, should work fine on Chrome too, now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:22:28 PM by Gmuli »

Online Gmuli

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 12:31:21 PM »
  • Added colors to the Animals.
  • Added Chinese characters to Relations, Animals and Ti and Yong, all are from the Chinese Calculator website we use
  • Fixed some bugs
If you don't see changes try to hold Ctrl and press F5(that will empty the cache when reloading the site).

If you see bugs or problems let me know on PM or in here. : )

Online Gmuli

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »
While it should work perfectly on Chrome and Firefox right now, if someone tried Internet Explorer it didn't work at all.

I looked into that it seems a lot of what we use isn't supported by IE at all(including basic HTML5 tags), so while I got it to work a little, there will be some restrictions.

So if you are using Internet Explorer and don't have Firefox, Chrome or a way to install them(or run them portable), here is what won't work.
  • Can't change the Upper/Lower Trigrams manually. You can still change the whole Hexagram, so that shouldn't be that bad.
  • Can't change time. It will work for the time you have opened the website, but it doesn't seem the tag is fully working for changing it in IE.

The rest should work fine, now.
 If someone really needs to use IE, needs to input time or manually select the trigrams and doesn't have a way to use the other browers PM me and I will rewrite it so it runs on IE as well.

With this the app is fully working on Chrome, Firefox and is almost fully working on IE, currently.

So its good start, tell me if you see problems or bugs with it that aren't mentioned . : )

Online Gmuli

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
Small update, mostly visual.
  • Lines are align with each other now in all browsers.
  • Members using IE  can select upper and lower trigram now, same as we do in the other browsers.
  • Its acting better when its zoomed in(ctrl++).

Visually the lines may look uneven on tablet or phone, will look into that in the future.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:50:01 PM by Gmuli »

Online Gmuli

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2019, 08:18:40 PM »
  • Should be working on all major browsers now(Firefox,Chrome and IE), both on mobile and on PC including the formating. Only few small problems left.
  • Edge on mobile has the lines not aligning a little, but as it actually turned out to look nice will leave it like that.
  • Internet Explorer can select Trigrams now, have Na Yin and everything else, only the date selection is not currently working.
  • Added NaYin on all Pillars(Day and Month for Theme3, and all four for Theme1)
  • Fixed colors of the Traditional Stems, as that was left with the colors of the animals from before.
  • Added NaYin and their colors to all of the lines as well. They are made from the Stem that is connected to that Trigram and the Branch on the line. Was Requested by @firelink before.

With this I think we covered all that was mentioned in the topic so far with the exception of the Symbolic Stars, but as only Firelink is using them and he got the other app to run on Linux, I'm guessing that isn't important for the site now(also a mess to add as there are lots of them).
Also what Ren mentioned about the tables, but as I don't have information on that and it may be proprietary I can't move on with it yet.

If you see problems or bugs let me know, I'm thinking of what should I add next, when I figure it out will mention, meanwhile if someone needs something else not proprietary let me know on PM or in here. : )

As always use Ctrl+F5 to update the cache if you can't see Nayin or another thing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:21:54 PM by Gmuli »

Online Gmuli

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 09:48:03 PM »
We have secure connection to the site now.

https://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalc.html
https://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalcTheme3.html

Also added chinese characters to the old calculator.

Online Gmuli

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2019, 09:30:36 AM »
We have functions for screenshot now on Chrome,Firefox and mobile.
(check at the lower part of the page)

It can save Image either of the whole screen or just the upper part with the Hexagrams. IE doesn't support the libraries, so it won't be visible option there.
(will look into some alternative in the future for IE, probably)

There were some problems with the ( )  for void. We also mark it as Grey color in the relation. The color always work, but the brackets may need some input(changing line, trigram, anything really) to show up. Otherwise should work fine.
Will look into that as well.

Offline Tientai

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2019, 04:48:20 PM »
dear @Gmuli .. hi

Thanks for your interest and helping with your marvellous work by the App.
http://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalcTheme3.html  .. is what i need..
i want to ask you if you could put the below keys on this Theme3.html ...

You create the https://bright-hall.net/WWG/WWGCalc.html
But I want to start writing the date by the use of Chinese month and day pillars ...
and not starting from the western calculating calendar. .. !!

Best regards
Tientai
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:56:51 PM by Tientai »

Online Gmuli

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2019, 05:25:20 PM »
I thought you meant the Na Yin. You mean the "choosing day stem/branch thing"?

Offline Tientai

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2019, 08:56:42 PM »
I thought you meant the Na Yin. You mean the "choosing day stem/branch thing"?

correct @Gmuli  ... "choosing day stem/branch " .. irrespective of western calculator ..
thanks anyway
tt.