Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Sports Prediction using WWG or/and SuperIChing  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Kes1979

Sports Prediction using WWG or/and SuperIChing
« on: April 21, 2019, 08:52:43 AM »
To test whether our skills or knowledge of IChing is good, can we use WWG or SuperIChing to test on the sports prediction? Because we will see the results on that same day and. Hence we do not have to wait.

We will just choose 3 games per day and exchange pointers on what went right or wrong.

Is everyone ok?

Offline Kes1979

Re: Sports Prediction using WWG or/and SuperIChing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 09:59:45 AM »
One thing i not sure is that if all of us use IChing to predict a particular sport event, will the outcome be the same?

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 12:45:56 PM »
One thing i not sure is that if all of us use IChing to predict a particular sport event, will the outcome be the same?

Haven't used it for sports a lot. I have seen 2 examples of that, one was with Self and Other for our team and the other team, while the alternative was with Officer for the guest team and Child for the team hosting the match(I think that one is from the Gold Yarrows for war example). 

Personally I don't have enough experience with sport events, yet, so can't really participate. : )

Online Tientai

• Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »

It depends. :
1. How much experience and on desipher
2. How one is timely for favoring by such a Luck  (.. wealth gaining)

Offline Kes1979

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 01:51:37 PM »
Let's start with first match.

Everton vs Manchester United - Kick off at 830pm (GMT8+)

I have used GMULI software using SuperIChing. I have attached the printscreen of the divination. This divination is throught the random generator and not using the traditional 3 coins. I have predicted Manchester United to win and hence my self is Manchester United which is J in SuperIChing.

As you can see, the resulting hexagram is a six clashes hexagram but since the self is combining month, the 6 clashes is no longer valid.
From what i see Manchester United will win. The resulting sixth line (sh R) is returning back to its original. Although U (Everton) is with Gain, but it clashes with the Day Branches which the line is in void.

So Manchester United is the choice

Offline Kes1979

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 04:11:19 PM »
This one consider lost ... as Everton now is 4-0 up

Let's start with first match.

Everton vs Manchester United - Kick off at 830pm (GMT8+)

I have used GMULI software using SuperIChing. I have attached the printscreen of the divination. This divination is throught the random generator and not using the traditional 3 coins. I have predicted Manchester United to win and hence my self is Manchester United which is J in SuperIChing.

As you can see, the resulting hexagram is a six clashes hexagram but since the self is combining month, the 6 clashes is no longer valid.
From what i see Manchester United will win. The resulting sixth line (sh R) is returning back to its original. Although U (Everton) is with Gain, but it clashes with the Day Branches which the line is in void.

So Manchester United is the choice

Offline Kes1979

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 04:27:05 PM »
Next match - Reims vs St Etienne. I will go for St. Etienne.

So J is St Etienne in this hexagram. J got a R star which is good and moving line G star is producing the R Star. So overall, J is good and i believe St Etienne will win.

Offline The-Monk

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 04:54:14 PM »
exchange pointers on what went right or wrong.

I have but one question:

Where is the "Why"?

Offline Kes1979

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
exchange pointers on what went right or wrong.

I have but one question:

Where is the "Why"?

May i know what u mean?

Offline Kes1979

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 05:46:24 PM »
Last divination of the day. Villareal vs Leganes - kick off at 0030hrs (GMT8+)

I think Villareal will win.

Hence J will be Villareal, although J resulting line is Gain star but however it does not have effect of its own line. As for U which is Leganes, its resulting line is Sh K which had no effect on any line.
The hidden line is Line 3 which is the J. As such i think Villareal will NOT win. thanks

Offline The-Monk

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 05:48:45 PM »
May i know what u mean?

You asked for others to help others out by pointing where things went wrong.

But none of your posts have shown the full reasons of "Why" it was you came to use what rule for which bit, and to why that would result in the answer you gave.

You pointed out a Six Clash is no longer a Six Clash from a combination. This is also correct in terms of a function of meeting Six Clash with a combination. So what is my "Why?" here? Who is the Six Clash for? Why not the other?

You pointed out that Team X is J/Self Line. So what is my "Why?" here? Why is J/Self Line Team X? Why not another?

Without the "Why" on how you reach conclusions and what you used, it is impossible to give accurate, actionable and useful feedback and advice.

Offline Kes1979

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 03:02:12 AM »
Sorry about it, didnt make myself clear.

I am new to I Ching, started with IChing on Raymond Lu book follow by SuperIChing from Alex.

All those mentioned like why is J ur chosen team is all in SuperIching website. But as i m new, i might nt understand fully on SuperIChing n hence need every members to help one another.

May i know what u mean?

You asked for others to help others out by pointing where things went wrong.

But none of your posts have shown the full reasons of "Why" it was you came to use what rule for which bit, and to why that would result in the answer you gave.

You pointed out a Six Clash is no longer a Six Clash from a combination. This is also correct in terms of a function of meeting Six Clash with a combination. So what is my "Why?" here? Who is the Six Clash for? Why not the other?

You pointed out that Team X is J/Self Line. So what is my "Why?" here? Why is J/Self Line Team X? Why not another?

Without the "Why" on how you reach conclusions and what you used, it is impossible to give accurate, actionable and useful feedback and advice.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 09:20:55 AM »
Sorry about it, didnt make myself clear.

I am new to I Ching, started with IChing on Raymond Lu book follow by SuperIChing from Alex.

All those mentioned like why is J ur chosen team is all in SuperIching website. But as i m new, i might nt understand fully on SuperIChing n hence need every members to help one another.

May i know what u mean?

I think the idea is to try to go over the way you think the system works.
For example you are setting Manchester on J(Self line) is there a reason(you are fan of Manchester) for that etc.

Another example you think Six Clashes is negated,because Manchester line combines with month.
That is a rule, but it has to have a meaning/reason.

There is the idea Six Clashes is a problem for J, But Six Clashes means each line is clashing, so logically it may affect both teams, so there are rules used here as well, why you think it only affects the Self line.

I can think of why you possible think that negation is more favorable to the Self(J) line, but the idea is to go over your logic, so we can move from there. If there is no logic, then you can't really conclude Manchester will win.

t(Zi) and cn(Chen) in month combine... I guess this works, 4th, 6th and the month seems to make combination with the rules for Earth<>Heaven lines.

Although U (Everton) is with Gain, but it clashes with the Day Branches which the line is in void.

So if you go over the logic, you think Manchester will win with the rules you know from Lo and Alex. So how are you applying them exactly. : )

We have the end result as well now(Everton won with 4:0),

A side-note to make working with all these a little easier.
In the app fast switch from Pinyin to Alex notations is Alt+1 and Alt+4, as most of us haven't used them a lot. I added Super I Ching to the website as well, so people on mobile can see what we are looking at, also. We can change them near the option to show/hide lines. May need to press Ctrl+F5 for refreshing the cache if it doesn't show right away.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:36:42 AM by Gmuli »

Offline Kes1979

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 10:25:53 AM »
Please pardon me as i am still new to this I-Ching.. hope you all can guide me along. Thanks

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 11:04:07 AM »
Please pardon me as i am still new to this I-Ching.. hope you all can guide me along. Thanks

np, will try to cover what may possible be happening. : )

Well the Self(J) line combines with the month branch(and line4) using Earth<>Heaven rules, so it makes sense the Six Clash is negated for the Self(Manchester), while the Other line is clashed by the Day Branch, no three way combination, so its still in that situation.

As teams and matches seems to be chosen randomly, I'm guessing there isn't a favorite team, its just setting one of the teams on the Self(J) line so he can read the hexagram. I would probably do the same, although as we see the result seems very inaccurate.

And the end Manchester lost really bad. While the Yong line is weak, clashed by day branch and the Ti line while weakening itself, doesn't seem to give indication for so big loss.
Only explanation I can think of is that we are looking for the teams on the wrong lines.
However, this are the lines given by the person asking, so I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:07:28 AM by Gmuli »