Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Tong Shu Forecast  (Read 79 times)

Offline Junie

Tong Shu Forecast
« on: October 28, 2019, 07:07:46 PM »
Hi everyone!

I had a quick question. Does anyone have experience with reading the Tong Shu almanac? For the past couple of days Iíve been toying with the one presented on www.tongshu.com which I have found to be simple and self-explanatory. Everything is laid out in an easy to read format.

Nevertheless, I am a bit ambivalent on the validity of it and how it can determine the qualities of Qi energy down to the hour. On a side note, I have been consulting with the I Ching using the coin system and getting interesting results as Iím sure many could agree as well. So this could be my introduction into the world of arcane Chinese metaphysics.

Thanks and happy new beginnings!

🌑🌘🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌒🌑

Online JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Re: Tong Shu Forecast
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 02:26:04 AM »
If we talk about date selection, I also use the almanac for quick and dirty date selection, without the hour.  Otherwise for serious date selection I use the following:
(1) Bazi for cesarean birth.  Including date and hour selection.
(2) Liu Yao for many things (but never for cesarean birth).  Including date and hour selection.  Date is usually more important. 
Liu Yao is an I-Ching based divination method with plenty of discussion in this forum.
(3) QMDJ for hour selection
(4) XKDG for Feng Shui

So it depends on the purpose of your date selection.

Online Tientai

• Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:53:35 AM »

And for choosing the right acupuncture points that open in any day..

Having a quick  look inside Tong Shu ...

What is the "Tong Shu"?
The traditional Chinese Almanac -- the Tong Shu ("Collected Writings", or "Everything Book") -- has been regarded by the Chinese as an indispensable aid to daily planning for more than 2,000 years. Like many aspects of traditional Chinese culture which have captured the attention of the West, the almanac is both highly practical, and in some ways so complex and abstruse as to seem impenetrable. It is both a tool for the common use of the general populace, and a subject of profound study by scholars and students of "the Way" of life.
As a general rule, the various editions always contain the daily calendar (showing a wide array of astrological, numerological, and divinatory cycles), notations on festival and seasonal observances, advice on activities to pursue or avoid for the day, and tables of the daily "luck direction" for finances, business, health, and happiness. In addition-depending on the publisher, the times, and popular interest-they may contain sections on feng-shui, ploughing-and-planting, calligraphy, astronomy, face-reading, divining poems, advice on good house-keeping and domestic harmony, amulets against accidents and illnesses, and proper health practices to insure safe pregnancy to name but a few!
https://tongshu.com/

Thanks to @Junie reminding us all this ... you are welcome ..!!

Tt.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:18:46 AM by Tientai »

Online Gmuli

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 09:48:33 AM »
Hi everyone!

I had a quick question. Does anyone have experience with reading the Tong Shu almanac? For the past couple of days Iíve been toying with the one presented on www.tongshu.com which I have found to be simple and self-explanatory. Everything is laid out in an easy to read format.

Nevertheless, I am a bit ambivalent on the validity of it and how it can determine the qualities of Qi energy down to the hour. On a side note, I have been consulting with the I Ching using the coin system and getting interesting results as Iím sure many could agree as well. So this could be my introduction into the world of arcane Chinese metaphysics.

Thanks and happy new beginnings!

🌑🌘🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌒🌑

I haven't decided what date selection tool to use. Circling around QMDJ, XKDG or the default one that is in most books. Currently, I'm just using Liu Yao listing all possible days, while it isn't the usual tool for the job, at the plus site it can warn that sometimes there isn't a good day and problem is somewhere else. : )