Fivearts.org

Author Topic: War or peace on 20jan2021?  (Read 4065 times)

Offline TenVirtues

Re: War or peace on 20jan2021?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 05:02:40 AM »
Hi Brother DiegoFS,
 I don't want to speculate on Myths and Legends of Origins. I think it's important to separate the difference between Myth vs actual Historical Records.
The Myth that Lu Chong Yang aka Lu Dong Bing one of the Eight Immortals in Chinese Mythology Created ZWDS is exactly what it is a Mythical Legend.
It has no real historical records or proof to confirm this claim.
What can be confirmed is the actual first appearance of Zi Wei Dou Shu, Which was introduced by Luo Hong Xian in 1550 Mid-Late Ming Dynasty.
I think it's important to remember that historically Chinese author's like to make mythical origin claims to boost the prestige of their books.

When we talk about the make up of the ZWDS System and what it actually calculates. Since you say your knowledge is superficial and limited and i don't know what reference texts you are talking about.
It is better for me not to comment on what you say. There has been many speculations of what the 14 stars of ZWDS Calculate.

There are even some people like Dr. Ong who even make claims that Zi Wei represents the position of Saturn or that ZWDS calculates Solar Flares and Eclipses.

Hopefully some day someone can come up with actual proof of these mathematical calculations but; until then if it work's for you use as you wish!

Hope this helps!

Offline Dao

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 11:25:23 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline Dao

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 06:12:13 PM »

Offline TenVirtues

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 08:22:02 AM »
Hi Sister @Dao,

Thanks for sharing Chao Wei Pang book and research. I agree with most points of the book. If we don't consider Astrological Predictions a form of Fate Calculation.
If we consider Chinese people using Astrology as a way to predict and calculate fate. Then the history of this goes back to the Zhou Dynasty.
Where the 28 Constellations originated. The famous Grand Historian Sima Qian noted his Moon's placement and made predictions through those placements.

It is documented in 秘记: The famous Tang Story of 李淳风 prediction to the Tang Emperor when Venus appeared for 3 days in Midday in Chang'An.
帝传三世,武代李兴, Which basically predicted that a Female Emperor would take over after 3 Generation of Tang Rulers.

Even in 论衡 although it doesn't give specific Fate Calculation techniques. It does document use of physiognomy and bone structure reading.
In the Chapter of 骨相: It does talk about Liu Bang's Father in Law, Noticing that Liu Bang's Left Leg had 72 black birth marks.
Which his Father in-law determined to be a sign of Greatness to come, which was why he handed his daughter in marriage to him.

At the time Liu Bang was still a very poor low level government official for the Qin Court!

So there is documentation of people using fate calculation methods like Face reading, and bone feeling already during that time.
The information of these is just very limited.

We must remember the first Qin Emperor burned  books and killed many Scholars. So many Fate Calculations books left from Zhou Dynasty was already destroyed during that time.

Still we are living in a great time for Chinese Metaphysics because the Internet is bringing a revival to this Ancient art and; it is progressing faster then ever thanks to it!

Namaste!

Offline Dao

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 10:35:17 AM »

Offline ren

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 02:46:56 AM »
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa