Fivearts.org

Author Topic: fan yin-how do you explain this  (Read 3466 times)

Offline JR

fan yin-how do you explain this
« on: August 01, 2018, 03:20:04 PM »
i
fan yin is said to be very nasty.
however im in one since 2013-yi wei- and it was activated in 2015
i got a teaching job in the south of my county for a month and stayed in a suite of a hotel that went bankrupt years before and now people there rent rooms .So it was good cause i was alone on my floor had swimming pool na a great suite,and was very cheap
in may i went abroad for a job interview but due to miscomunication my would be landlady gave the room to another person cause i didnt confirm the booking.Problem is the phone number she gave me wasnt working,so i came back frustrated
Apart from that nothing bad happened that year
it is said that for follow leader fan yin is of little harm but in mangpai theres no folllow charts,so,how do you explain that so far this decade has been quite reasonable? I  actually get more Money from teaching suince 2013 than before in bing shen cycle because previously i was teaching like two days a week

thanks
ding ding xin xin
wei wei chou chou  decade-yi wei
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:32:30 PM by JR »

Offline JR

Re: fan yin-how do you explain this
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
I  was told this in another fórum----Fan yin is when the LP counter into the natal chart. Yours is countering out, so it is not fan yin to you. Your fan yin pillar for Xin Chou is Ding Wei.

But if the pillars are reverse, Yi Wei is in your natal, and Xin Chou is in your LP, then it is consider as fan yin.

They are different. According to the 60 pillars book, this type of configuration placed you in the position of control.

Online JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:42:40 PM »
ding ding xin  xin
wei  wei  chou chou  decade-yi wei

Indeed, JR, in Mangpai Bazi, we don't use the follow type charts.  If your chart was follow, then LP Yi Wei would not be reasonable as you said.

LP Wei:
1) Wei has the same image as Ding, so it's the occurrence for Ding to control Xin.  Of course there is a limitation from the natal chart, Xin cannot be controlled well, because Xin is too strong.
2) Wei is naturally the "arrival" of Wei themselves (your Day and Hour Branches).  So it's also the occurrence for Wei to control Chou.  Of course there is a limitation from the natal chart, Chou cannot be controlled well, because Chou is very strong. 
So it's a reasonable LP all right, but not great.

LP Bing Shen: Bing has a drawback, because Bing combines with Xin.  The intention of the natal chart is to control Xin, so combination is against the intention of the natal chart.  This is how Mangpai works, the luck pillars had better follow the original intention of the natal chart.

Online JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 05:57:35 PM »
But if the pillars are reverse, Yi Wei is in your natal, and Xin Chou is in your LP, then it is consider as fan yin.
So many charts experience such Fan Yin in the 6th LP, and they reach their career/business heights during that time.  For example:

Yi      Bing   Geng   Xin
Chou    Xu      Wu     Si       Margaret Thatcher, former UK prime minister.  Geng DM.

LP Ren Chen 1983-93: she had her second term in 1982.  And she won agan in 1987 and became the first British prime minister in the 20th century to serve three consecutive terms.

They are different. According to the 60 pillars book, this type of configuration placed you in the position of control.
But Thatcher was very much in control when she had Fan Yin coming towards her.

In Mangpai, we discuss 伏吟 Fu Yin, but not 反吟 Fan Yin, because in our opinion, it does not add any value to chart analysis.

Offline JR

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 01:02:20 AM »
ding ding xin  xin

Indeed, JR, in Mangpai Bazi, we don't use the follow type charts.  If your chart was follow, then LP Yi Wei would not be reasonable as you said.

LP Wei:
1) Wei has the same image as Ding, so it's the occurrence for Ding to control Xin.  Of course there is a limitation from the natal chart, Xin cannot be controlled well, because Xin is too strong.
2) Wei is naturally the "arrival" of Wei themselves (your Day and Hour Branches).  So it's also the occurrence for Wei to control Chou.  Of course there is a limitation from the natal chart, Chou cannot be controlled well, because Chou is very strong. 

LP Bing Shen: Bing has a drawback, because Bing combines with Xin.  The intention of the natal chart is to control Xin, so combination is against the intention of the natal chart.  This is how Mangpai works, the luck pillars had better follow the original intention of the natal chart.

thanks
so would you say ding is my useful god? i like summer nights but i struggle with heat cause i sweat too easily.Since i have a clash i always wondered if i should move abroad to a warmer place. In current yi wei lp i spend more time in my holiday home in the southeast because i had some job oportunities,but i spend more Money in commuting than back home

Online JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 06:19:02 PM »
Ding is useful, but Bing is not very. Although Bing and Xin do not transform to Water, Bing is not useful because it combines with Xin and holds Xin up.

In Mangpai, we do differentiate the 'useful' gods. Not all fires are the same, although Bing Fire does not transform.

Offline Miss A

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 02:35:50 AM »
ding ding xin  xin

LP Wei:
Hi JLim, why Chou is not the one who controls 2 Wei with the help of Chou in Year? Chou is stronger than Wei as in the season but 2 Wei are produced by 2 Ding.

Online JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 07:50:41 AM »
Hi JLim, why Chou is not the one who controls 2 Wei with the help of Chou in Year? Chou is stronger than Wei as in the season but 2 Wei are produced by 2 Ding.
It's because Ding Wei is Ti (body), and Xin Chou is Yong (use).  And also because 2 Wei are produced by 2 Ding.

Offline JR

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 03:49:01 PM »
It's because Ding Wei is Ti (body), and Xin Chou is Yong (use).  And also because 2 Wei are produced by 2 Ding.

you mean wei in my chart controls chou in the month?
what are the implicatons? i always thought season prevailed.Is my dm strong then?
since im in wei cycle does that mean likely marriage and performance? i looked at ARETHA  Franklins chart.Do i need power element,like her,to be famous or wealthy? being a weak dm im not sure

thanks

thanks
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:09:55 PM by JR »

Online JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 04:02:19 PM »
Yes, you're right the season (Month Branch) prevails.  But in your chart, both sides of hot/dry elements and cold/wet elements are equally strong.  None controls the other. 

In a controlling structure, a more auspicious chart is when one party controls the other.

Offline JR

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
Yes, you're right the season (Month Branch) prevails.  But in your chart, both sides of hot/dry elements and cold/wet elements are equally strong.  None controls the other. 

In a controlling structure, a more auspicious chart is when one party controls the other.
so,the dm is neither strong or weak?
does that mean that in current decade yi wei,it is yi wei which controls xin chou in my month and year pillars,or that just applies to body palace day pillar?

hour day
ding ding xin xin
wei wei chou chou

thanks
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:53:59 PM by JR »

Offline JR

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 01:23:19 AM »

but doesnt the clash further weaken ding?

Online JLim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 05:35:54 PM »
but doesnt the clash further weaken ding?
No, JR.  The clash is anyway in the Branches, while Ding is in the Stems.