Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Will I get a compensation from my bank  (Read 8252 times)

Offline ren

Re: Will I get a compensation from my bank
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2021, 03:10:28 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:14:56 AM by ren »
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Gmuli

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2021, 08:06:24 AM »

Offline The-Monk

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »
In all honesty, when you think about it, a claim to any lineage is only a claim to a particular lineage. With the longer the lineage, the greater the chance it becomes more meaningless.

One must remember, that as a teacher, you may not necessarily be a good teacher, no matter how skilled or capable you; as the teacher, is.
One must also remember, that as a student, you may not necessarily learn well, no matter how skilled or capable you, and/or the teacher, is.

This basically introduces three stages of a break within a lineage within two generations alone (the teacher and the pupil). So lineage does not equate to the same quality of knowledge or understanding, even amongst the same generation of students/teachers that has a prestigious line. You then apply this across many generations, and it is very easy to see, that it quickly becomes nothing more than a history lesson of the school and nothing more. You can have dead ends to such lineage tree branches after all, through no fault of anyone on that branch that reached such an end.

So I would pay it no mind.

See the content and go from there.

Gmuli

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2021, 10:29:32 AM »
I'm not sure everyone can do that, though...

Coz that would suggests what is presented initially will always reflect how the system work in its full way. And that isn't always possible, there should be some gradation of info, so the first step may not seem great then becomes better and better with time.

While I do agree, going with content is better then going with "authority", I think we should factor in "potential". As the content when we first see it may not be in its full form yet. : )

Offline callmenewbie

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2021, 06:13:20 PM »
Jack Chiu (no relation to alex), does not mention his sources. Alfred Kee also mentions Wild Crane, but he talks about his "lineage". So he must have some masters, elders, who passed down their interpretation of Wild Crane.

Hi all, I new here. I am one of the Master AK students. I have learned from a few Master about WWG. I think people here should know who are those teachers as not really much teaching WWG. I come to know that Master Jack Chiu is kinda golden strategies "lineage". The way he uses the logic and interpretation is very similar to golden strategies. And Master AK is not from any of the classical lineages. He actually explained some of these "reasons" in his course.

I have spoken to Master AK privately before. By asking him that their origin is also from Wild Crane. I remember he told me it is not. The reason he using Wild Crane in his book and the course is to let people understand the differences and the limitation of Wild Crane. And another reason is because he says many people who learn WWG always learn from Wild Crane. So, in order to let people get into the WWG easily. He is using wild crane in his book. Anyway, I don't really find that his book or his method has anything to do with Wild Crane. For me, it is just because it appears some numbers of Wild Crane. It does create some illusions that he is one of the wild crane lineages. They are using their very unique formula and it really works.

Their school study a few classical methods by themselves I think. but he never really teach anything about it. He only points out a few problems from the wild crane. the rest of the time. He never talks much about wild crane. And he then let us know how to deal with the problems. Which all the conflicts are very clear and I cannot get it from any places I learned before. If he would have appeared early. I won't be spending too much wasted money. LOL. He said he is going to teach purely wild crane in the future. But I think it going to disappoint many WWG enthusiasm here as I think he is going to show you how wild crane is doing the misleading part. To be honest, IMHO. I am amazed by his explanation of why wild crane method doesn't work. It makes complete sense.

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »
In the Tai Chi world, they call their lineage according to the originator. So there is the Yang Style, from Yang Lu Chan, and the forks - Yang Shao Hou lineage from the older son, and Yang Cheng Fu lineage from the youngest son (of Yang Lu Chan). There is another variance from still another son, Yang Ban Hou.

Yang Lu Chan had a student, Wu Quan You. His lineage is the Wu Style. It forked with the Northern Wu, of Wu's student Wang Mao Zhai, and the  Shanghai Wu, of Wu's son, Wu Jian Qian. There is another Wu, of Wu Yuxiang, more popularly known as Wu/Hao after Wu's student, Hao Weizhen. This further confirms that lineages have names.

Even in feng shui, lineages have names.

https://www.chuefoundation.org/chue-foundation/grand-master-chan/lineage-of-grand-master-chan-kun-wah-our-legacy/

I do not see any name appended to Alfred Kee's lineage. So from whom did it originate?  A lineage, to be verifiable, must have a name. Or am I wrong here? the Chinese readers here would be able to verify if the books they read mention any names of schools or originators.

At least Alex says "Wild Crane says xxx"  or "in my experience, yyy."  So you know which comes from the classics, and which is Alex's interpretation. 

I have finished the Alfred Kee book. It does devote a considerable amount of time to discussing his/their divergence from Wild Crane, in several cases. I am still on the fence about his course. I have seen a few of his videos. They neither add nor subtract from the interest in the course. I will read the book again, before I decide.

Offline The-Monk

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2021, 01:13:05 PM »
I'm not sure everyone can do that, though...

Coz that would suggests what is presented initially will always reflect how the system work in its full way. And that isn't always possible, there should be some gradation of info, so the first step may not seem great then becomes better and better with time.

Does any system as revealed first time from one example always reflect how the system works in its full way?

While I do agree, going with content is better then going with "authority", I think we should factor in "potential". As the content when we first see it may not be in its full form yet. : )

And if authority is thrown out, how does one factor in "potential" without examining the content first?  ;)

Gmuli

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2021, 01:19:06 PM »
Yes, true, I meant that if someone checks Ak book for example, can't really make it fit very well, to what they know, yet there are some examples that show much potential afterwards, may be good to give the material one more change. : )

Overall, I fully agree, content before lineages or reputation. : )

Just adding that its good to be prepared that we may not be able to fully realize the potential in the content right away.

Gmuli

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2021, 02:20:24 PM »

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2021, 08:14:45 PM »
The subject line is  sitting on the Asset line (G for Alex). The asset line moves turning into an officer line (Alex calls it the R star). “R represents 'You got something'.  If you ask about money, you will earn money.”. That transformed line has element you metal, which combines with the chen earth of the asset. So what you received combines with the money (asset). So what you got, is the note saying we will refund you your money.

The other posters here were contemplating the other asset lines. But the first line is void.  Alfred Kee (page 168) says a moving line which is void is useless. Alex says an empty (void) line is inactive.

What about the fourth line, which is also an asset? That is bound to the day. Alex says “If a moving line is bounding to the month or the date, it is tied up and cannot move.”

We are left, therefore, with the asset line of the Subject. That is the asset line that moves, and affects this query.

Earlier, I noted that the transformed hexagram is a six-clash (6 strike for Alex). A six-clash means no, generally, according to Alex. But “If the self line turns into an element which bounds back at the self line, the power of the 6 strike is eliminated.” The Subject’s chen  earth moves and becomes you metal, which binds to chen (you-chen). So the six strike is eliminated.

I cannot figure out how to derive the timing.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2021, 10:54:11 PM »
The other posters here were contemplating the other asset lines. But the first line is void.  Alfred Kee (page 168) says a moving line which is void is useless. Alex says an empty (void) line is inactive.
Jack chiu says that a line will be de-neutralised if it is in the Strong or Very Strong state for the Month. As it is the case Chou Active is strong by day and Month and therefore it is de-neutralised (out of void)

What about the fourth line, which is also an asset? That is bound to the day. Alex says “If a moving line is bounding to the month or the date, it is tied up and cannot move.”
But four line is not an moving line. It is a still / quiet line, moving secretly or silently (as they say), being in conjunction (Liu He) with the Day. So it moves...

On the other hand, an moving void line will eventually come out of the void and become useful, so it may mark an upcoming event (generally, I'm not saying it is in this case).

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 11:45:46 PM by Sacrar »

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2021, 01:04:47 AM »
But chou earth combines with the zi water of the original hexagram, forming a water combo of zi-chou. Water is weak in a wu day with si month. 

Also, day wu combines with wei hour, forming a fire combo (wu-wei). So zi-chou was weak at the time of casting.

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2021, 01:32:50 AM »
Okay. I got the timing. The Officer you metal was hiding (hider in Alex's terminology). Hiders appear on their day. Wu hiding, appears on wu day, etc.. The Officer you metal was hiding. So it would appear  on a you metal  day. It did. The bank reimbursed on you May 13, a you metal day.

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2021, 01:43:15 AM »
Jack chiu says that a line will be de-neutralised if it is in the Strong or Very Strong state for the Month. As it is the case Chou Active is strong by day and Month and therefore it is de-neutralised (out of void)

But four line is not an moving line. It is a still / quiet line, moving secretly or silently (as they say), being in conjunction (Liu He) with the Day. So it moves...

On the other hand, an moving void line will eventually come out of the void and become useful, so it may mark an upcoming event (generally, I'm not saying it is in this case).

Thank you. I stand corrected. Fourth line is not moving, wei bound by wu day. So moving lines are first, second and third.

First line forms a zi-chou water combo, weak in a wu day, with si month.

Second line is wood, Hai-Yin, also weak in a wu fire day with si fire month.

Third line chen is  earth chen, strong in a fire day.

Offline Sacrar

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2021, 09:42:00 PM »