Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Books / Resources  (Read 3839 times)

Offline andponomarev

Books / Resources
« on: May 16, 2021, 12:32:47 AM »
Hello,

Could you recommend trusted books / resources / courses on QMDJ, please? Thank you.

Offline ren

Re: Books / Resources
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 08:35:27 PM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:40:54 PM by ren »
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Gmuli

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 10:08:54 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:15:44 PM by Gmuli »

Offline ren

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 01:41:51 AM »
"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 01:43:04 AM »
Try the book of Master Jo Ching.

https://www.masterfengshui.com/product/qi-men-dun-jia-anicent-art-of-war-at-your-fingertips/

As ren says, try poking around in the other fivearts forum.

Search on youtube as well. There are some in English. Joey Yap has some teasers, Jo Ching, as well.

Finally, you can subscribe to the website of your countryman, Krzysztof Pazowski, who hosts the

chinesemetasoft.com

It won't teach you qi men, but the site will plot the charts for you, whether by the zhi run method, or chai bu.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:53:41 AM by sleepyfreud »

Gmuli

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 08:45:07 AM »

Offline andponomarev

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 10:43:39 AM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:46:54 AM by andponomarev »

Gmuli

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
Yea, you are right, the info is out there but its spread in all sorts of topics and places, so seems good to have it here as well.

Best source in English in my humble opinion was Jack Sweeney. His books were translations of many Chinese authors focusing on case studies. Some of them were not great, some were awesome. There are 3-4 cases of there around the net as well. His QMDJ books can't be bought anymore I think and they were expensive when they were sold. They could be found around the net in file hosting sites, but the copyright is unclear so seems wiser to not post links.

JY has good books, in my humble view some fundamental rules doesn't exist in there, yet some of the books are very good for what they are suppose to do. Forecasting methods series and the 100 combination, the compendium has a lot of good info as well. So its good source, but may need something more to get it working.

Dr Khim Goh seemed to be a good source, I stopped following there some time ago, so I have no idea how it is now, but there were free videos that had interesting rules that someday if I have the time will try in more details. Had great hopes for the material there, but there is too much going on to fully test it combined with the current info, so can't comment how it has developed there and may not be able to focus on it in the near future, anyway.

There are some books more focused on daoistic shamanism I guess?Not sure how to define it, but it looks at the system in great detail as practiced by religious Daoists and its very different. Parts of JY stuff seems related to there, yet from what I have seen I don't think any of that will work great, can't recommend anything for the shamanistic part, currently. Though nothing wrong with getting familiar with it, there are these few sources, currently.

Ren mentioned few interesting sources as well, search around the net can show few more. That is more or less all we have I think, at least I can't think of much more. There are some seminars in Russia with videos in youtube, but you can find them by searching youtube. There were also some translated videos, I liked them, they can also be found there etc. Few good blogs, some may need archive.org to see, and scattered info around the forums.

Check Vimeo too, they had many videos from a school of QMDJ too, I don't know if still there.

Offline andponomarev

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 12:35:17 AM »
Thank you very much Gmuli, a lot of Gold here. Will search for the books / materials mentioned. I'll also dig through the whole forum, initially thought that QMDJ was only in a single section of it.

Gmuli

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »
Happy to help, and it did made sense to have more info here as well.

Offline throosden

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2022, 02:06:54 PM »
There are some books more focused on daoistic shamanism I guess?Not sure how to define it, but it looks at the system in great detail as practiced by religious Daoists and its very different. Parts of JY stuff seems related to there, yet from what I have seen I don't think any of that will work great, can't recommend anything for the shamanistic part, currently. Though nothing wrong with getting familiar with it, there are these few sources, currently.

I assume you are talking about Fa Qi Men? Teacher from school I was in talked a lot about this. Said that it is the ultimate tool to power up your meditation, qigong, ... To go beyond the maximum potential you have in this incarnation. Very interested in this. Were these books in the other forum? Probably not enough free sources available for learning this, but you never know...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 02:12:44 PM by throosden »

Gmuli

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2022, 02:48:06 PM »
Said that it is the ultimate tool to power up your meditation, qigong, ... To go beyond the maximum potential you have in this incarnation.

Earth has changed in the last few decades. What we see in technology, currencies, genetic research,  climate and many other fields is not a coincidence, there are processes going on now that have reached as far out spiritually, as they did in Deep Learning, Genetic Research(crispr) and many other fields. Maybe even further.

So the Earth has changed. A lot.
 We are out of the small, murky swamps and swimming in endless oceans now... None of the old tools is fully equipped to deal with it, although many are doing great work in aligning to that in their own way.
So I would have some reservation in the idea any of the old tools can do what someone with the new kinds of lightbody can do with just a few changes of focus... And while with Qi Gong someone can reach that as well, they will have to go beyond Qi Gong by itself and align with the same Rays and fields that we are using. And that still means the new tools, no matter what path they will discover them from.

But this comparison is silly and we shouldn't fall for stuff like that in my view. Each has its own good and bad parts, yet if we have to reference an ultimate tool, the only thing I can consider calling that accessible on Earth, was not accessible here 50 years ago at all. And its much, much simpler to use, although for many its broken now. And we work to find ways to fix it. But that is another story for other places and times.

Anyway, here is link with the shamanistic aspects of QMDJ:
https://www.amazon.com/Teachings-Daoist-Master-Zhuang/dp/069280269X/

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 03:14:05 PM »
Dr Kim Goh is now teaching at udemy.com

https://www.udemy.com/course/drkhim-qmdj/

Seems to be reasonably priced - $199.

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2022, 03:22:23 PM »

Gmuli

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2022, 03:43:42 PM »
sleepyfreud: Very interesting. This is good in my view, making stuff more accessible.