Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Is his wife really sick with cancer?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Raymond

Is his wife really sick with cancer?
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:02:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

I got a message from one of my friend that his wife is down with lung cancer (she doesn't smoke nor drink).
I had a pretty strong sympathy feeling about this so I did a divination to know more about her sickness.

起卦时间:2018年10月15日17时49分

六神  伏神    坤宫:雷天大壮(六冲)    震宫:雷风恒
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
滕蛇       ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟庚戌土     ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟庚戌土 应
勾陈       ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙庚申金     ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙庚申金  
朱雀       ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母庚午火 世   ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母庚午火  
青龙       ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟甲辰土     ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙辛酉金 世
玄武       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼甲寅木     ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财辛亥水  
白虎       ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财甲子水 应○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟辛丑土  

First of all, it is a 6 clash gua, so this is something disharmony and unexpected.

The power at line 2 is inactive and weak. That's weird, normally when a person is REALLY sick, the Power line will show something. But in this hexagram, it's quite irrelevant. Let's investigate further.

The Wife is the Object at line 1 and it does 3 things.
1. Zi clashes with Subject Parents Wu.
2. Zi moves to Chou, and harms Subject Parents Wu.
3. Zi moves to Chou, and combines back with Zi.

The Subject comes with the Bird, which both has indication of document.

The Wife wants a divorce, and not really sick due to cancer?

Another way of seeing it is from the Stem. On a Geng day, Hai falls into sick stage, but Hai is not even in the hexagram...

Do share your thoughts.

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
Re: Is his wife really sick with cancer?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
This is when the hexagram was generated:
Xu Year, Xu Month, Geng Chen Day, Shen Hour.

The power at line 2 is inactive and weak. That's weird, normally when a person is REALLY sick, the Power line will show something. But in this hexagram, it's quite irrelevant. Let's investigate further.
Yes, I think you've made a valid point.  Besides, this Power line is weak by Month and Day.  From the line position, Branch, and Six Animals, this Officer line also does not indicate a problem with lungs.
The Wife wants a divorce, and not really sick due to cancer?
I don't know, but I think this may be a bit far-fetched.  What I can guess is that there is some serious money shortage or problems, because the first Wealth line changes to Chou Sibling line (which you have analyzed above).  Let me add this: Chou combines back to overcome Zi Wealth.  Moreover, Xu Sibling line also moves to overcome Zi, and Xu gets the Month (because the Month Branch is Xu).  And the money problem has occurred suddenly.

Offline Raymond

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 05:29:39 AM »
Thanks @JLim for sharing your thoughts on the hexagram.

I asked my friend again in a very careful and nice way if the problem with her wife is something other than cancer?

This time he elaborated that his wife is diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last year.
She went through chemotherapy and at first seems to work as the tumor is controlled and disappeared.
However, tumor seems to be immune and came back after few months.

Her wife is in and out of hospital for now.

If this is true, I wonder why the hexagram turns out so differently?

Offline JLim

• Administrator
  • MANGPAI BAZI TEACHER-CONSULTANT (Blindman School)
    • View Profile
    • JLim School of Bazi
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 06:15:02 AM »
If this is true, I wonder why the hexagram turns out so differently?
Based on my experience and what I learnt from my master, the hexagram tells a better story if it's raised by the person who has the issue or query.  So in this case, his wife is the person.  Secondarily, it can be raised a closely related person.  For example, in cases of illness where the patient is in a coma or passes out, a close family member (spouse, child, parent etc.). 

This is the principle of resonance between the issue/query and hexagram.  Although you have the curiosity and sympathy, you may not resonate with the issue at hand.