Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Liu Yao/Wen Wang Gua Resources in non-Chinese languages  (Read 9773 times)

Offline tretfcan

Re: Liu Yao/Wen Wang Gua Resources in non-Chinese languages
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 07:31:58 PM »
Yes, only one line is considered as active, through the branch time of birth, once the conversion to Beijing.
If you use the coin toss next to the birth chart, it makes no reference. Both natal and print runs are considered separately.
As for whether the coin toss or the birth chart is better, I don't have the experience to ratify one or the other. I am just an apprentice, who began to be curious as a result of the book that initially deals with the system of Flor de Ciruelo and Wen Wang Gua, in Spanish by Ariel Miranda Viera. Fascinating the logic of thought that hints.
Subsequently, I devoted myself to looking for more sources to contrast what was shown by Ariel Miranda Viera, obtaining the publication of Spanish-speaking Shu Yuan Chen and Su Yu Chang, and English-speaking Jack Chiu, among others.

My interest is now, to focus and consolidate knowledge and contact people with the same interest.

Greetings, and thanks for reading.

Offline Tientai ✝️

• ✝️ IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangpai-Foundation-Course student
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 10:56:49 PM »
Good luck to your way and on your researches @tretfcan  ..
I hope with such a kindness and honesty will find the " treasures " You looking for ..!!

Offline ren

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 11:53:07 PM »
Hi Tretfcan,

Thank you for your posts.

Ariel Miranda Viera has a book on Plum Blossom? If you have the book can you post the table of contents and give a review?

Also, what do you think of Viera's Wen Wang Gua book?

Thanks,

ren

"You and I Are Disappearing" Yusef Komunyakaa

Offline tretfcan

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 07:25:56 PM »
The publication by Arial Miranda Viera, is divided into two parts. The first part mentions I'Ching in general, dedicating approximately 15 pages on the Plum Blossom technique and the second part dedicates it to Wen Wang Gua.

Regarding his interest in Plum Blossom, the content talks about Shao Yung, procedural technique and cameo with the derivation of hexagrams through the BAZi.

As for WWG, it is great for a beginner to get an idea of how the hexagram is set up, and of the possibilities that its logic can provide. But if you are looking for depth such as rules and reading breaks it falls short. It also has very few practical cases. But in general, for those who have no idea that this technique exists, I recommend it.

Offline ren

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 01:24:43 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline The-Monk

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
That is quite possibly the first item I have seen in a very long while that I would recommend.

My one minor concern, is that they appear to be needlessly adding on the Matter Element and appear to waffle around a bit regarding the Five Element cycles, etc, but will examine the rest of the videos to see if this is marketing or whether there is a good logic behind it. Considering their explanations within that one video so far, I would imagine there is a good reason for assigning another identifier, but will observe and give my more complete review of it later.

Will view the rest when I have time, but this appears to be promising for those starting off.

A good find @Gmuli

Gmuli

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »
It seems Jlim was correct the "De I Tjing stap voor stap" book was not about WWG.   :-[
There is WWG book from Harmen Mesker coming in English in the future, though, I thought was translation of this, but it seems may be entirely new.
We are also using Images from Harmen in the calculator now(for Trigrams, Relations and Animals).

Can a moderator delete the previous posts about this, btw?
I get the previous info can be misleading for people.

Gmuli

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »
Hi Gmuli, can you make a new topic for your previous post?  This topic is not for analyzing, but for discussion of resources.  Please also repost the hexagram.

Sure, here we go:
http://fivearts.org/index.php?topic=1012.0

Offline sleepyfreud

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 03:42:59 PM »
Gmuli's original post mentioned Alex Chiu's rules. Below is the link to a post by a member of Clarity, named Yvonne (user name - "forty two"). The post summarizes the rules in both Jack Chiu's book, and Alex Chiu's website. (I do not think they are related).

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/archive/index.php/t-16452.html

The first part of the page is Yvonne's initial understanding. A few posts later, she explains in greater detail.

Gmuli

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2021, 08:22:57 AM »
I'm retracing my steps back.
This will be long post, if we want to keep the topic posts shorter, feel free to move most of it to another topic, only living the last few sentences. I think I should explain some details on what happened back then, however.

People that follow the forum for a while, may be aware that there were more posts in the topic and they were related to Ak Guru material.
I asked for them to be deleted some time ago, that was a misunderstanding that we cleared out very soon after. At that point, however, before I mention more I wanted to be clear what I can say for the material itself.

The Monk back then said that was possibly the only source in English that is recommended to learn from... I wanted to figure out why before I comment more on it or post about that again.

If we go back, I have studied a lot of divination systems, through the years. Probably more then most members here know exist. And I knew how a working divination system feels. There is coherence in it, there is a communication going on with whatever we want to call it Divine, Heaven, The Process,Heart etc.
There is a feeling of wholeness when we use it, there is a info being exchanges and that is usually fully available.

With WWG it was different for me for a while. While the accuracy was nice, we can see some readings in the other forums, some of them we got accuracy that is rare to see from other systems. But something was missing. The whole system instead of feeling like me and the Divine have a conversation in friendly environment, it felt like we had a conversation during a storm.

Some words and some sentences made it through the wind and the rain around, that few words were right on place, they were accurate, but most of it was lost in the storm.
So I knew something was missing and this was going for more then a few years now.
And I kinda knew it was likely very connected to the coins.  That would need some explanation as well. We use the coins, we decide heads or tails... Yet I never understood why it ends there. We decide heads or tails and the system honors our decision. We also decide the Focus, but why can't we decide more?We would need that for it to be full communication. Right now it seems we know a few words to ask the system with and we know very well the reply, yet we don't really know fully what we are asking...

i found my answer, finally after so many years I'm happy how the system works. There is, of course, more to learn, but I feel the same I did with the other divination systems I learned in the past, there is communication with it, now. This is vital for using it in my view.

And that was thanks to Ak Guru materials.

So lets summarize it here.
Ak gurus materials, for me, are likely the only materials in English I can recommend as well. : )
https://www.akguru.my/

P.S. The posts that were deleted, basically was me linking a video from there and the calculator we made, The Monk saying that based on that video that may be the only source in English worth recommending and that was it.

Offline ren

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2021, 05:37:51 PM »
[Hidden post: You need 20 posts to see it. You currently have 0.]

Gmuli

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2021, 07:00:38 PM »
I don't know what is in the course, I'm referring to the free videos and the materials in the blog(there are a lot of case studies).
May look unusual at first, just give it a chance, a lot can be explained from the info in there.

Gmuli

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2021, 01:40:27 PM »

Gmuli

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 06:59:48 PM »
Without going into details, will just say that I can recommend AK course to all interested in WWG. : )
We have seen a lot of WWG material through the years... There is much in there I think all will benefit from.

Gmuli

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2021, 04:10:28 PM »
Second book from AK and Celestial WWG School is available now here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/9671938736

It seems very good we can see preview in google books as well more info on that in the facebook group(or in google books).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:20:12 PM by Gmuli »