Fivearts.org

Author Topic: Gmuli web apps - bazi  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Gmuli

Gmuli web apps - bazi
« on: June 16, 2019, 09:45:52 AM »
As it turned out I posted the other topic in the Liu Yao section seems nicer to post this here.
Working on the BaZi web calculator last few weeks.

So here is what we have so far:

The idea here is that it will be as simple as it can be. However it will allow some stuff that may be useful for people. For example we would be able to manually select any stem or branch and it will do what it can to calculate with giving as much info for the possible date as possible even if they are impossible pillars(although it will try to say as well).

I'm planning to add the more popular interactions, clash, combinations, harms, destructions etc. I think I will skip hidden combinations and the other stuff that aren't very much used in traditional as it seems they have their own rules for use that I'm not sure I fully know, so nicer to not implement then implementing something that may not work very well.

Other then that there aren't many other functions, won't have true solar time, as that is already implemented in other places, may have something that will give you your current longitude and latitude from your location, so you don't need to look for them on websites. But won't really need them for calculation, so more as a helping function for other calculators.

If someone has some idea of something they want in it I can think about it, but as said the idea is to be very simple, so not sure I will add it. When it comes to rules - again, all the Mang Pai stuff in the old app just turned out to not work the way it shows there, there are exceptions and other stuff... So better without it.

Offline Chat time

Re: Gmuli web apps - bazi
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »
Gmuli, great work you have there... if I can wish for anything in your project, I would like to see the current layout as,

HP - DM - MP - YP - LP - AP - MP - DP - HP

instead of 8 character, can we have 18 character?

I don't know how complex or difficult it will be but you will be the first! I know there are compare date calculator out there but to compare in real time, that's something I haven't seen before.

Just a wish, hope you can launch your website soon!  8)

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:41:22 AM »
Here is the initial way.

https://www.bright-hall.net/bazi/bazicalc.html

I added menu on top left, so we can switch between the apps before the framework is ready. Will add it to the Yi Jing apps at some point as well.

When we click stem or branch we can change them. It will give as much info as it can based on that. It will calculate if its possible to have such pillars as well, that is more extensive then just Yin/Yang polarity as the Hour stem is fixed to the Day, while Month stem is fixed to the year. So it will try to prodive info why it is impossible if it is.

Also will give possible months, hours and years the date would fall into and other stuff.

9 Pillars...
The challenge in making 9 pillars using this view is that they will either have to look like the luck pillars below(so much smaller then currently the main 4 are), or they will need to be off screen in most monitors, so will require scroll to the right to see them all.  One of the reason I didn't add "date to compare" etc.

And both have some problems, in first case it will be difficult to read, even more so on mobile, while in second case... Well, if they aren't on the screen at the same time it somewhat makes it pointless, as otherwise you can just add the current date in another tab on your browser, anyway.

But if you want one of the two ways I can give it a try. : )

Offline Chat time

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
Whoa... sounds like not an easy task. I noticed that once we use the menu button to navi to other pages like WWG calculator, there's no option for the menu button to come back or to other pages. As a programming dummy, I believe a lot of work has been put into this.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 09:01:34 AM »
Well, yea, but its shaping up nicely and now I can use WWG on my phone, that is awesome. May need to rework the interface, though, coz now it needs to zoom in to read it hehe...

Anyway, I know the menu doesn't show there yet, I will add the menus to the other pages as well, but I'm thinking of a way to do it so the icon can disappear if people want to make screenshot or something.

BTW The save Images part won't work if you have adblock(even if its disabled on that page, if its disabled overall it will - I didn't do that, though, was update on adblock, so now there is some problem with the canvas it uses I think, not sure).

About the 9 pillars, I'm open to trying it, just need to clarify if you want them same size and it scrolls to the right to see the others, or you want them much smaller(when it may be harder to read). : )

In any case its just alternative view, the more we have the more choices will be, so its all good.

Offline Chat time

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 09:15:56 AM »
I didn't had any adblock installed but I didn't see any ads in your website. I personally prefer to use computer for studying bazi so for me smaller but on the same page is better. I know these days is important to have mobile interface friendly. Yup, I see your problems.

Why I say having 9 pillars in real time is more like e.g - received a bad news, facing problem with spouse, client place a new order, etc... we can immediately go to your site and look at our own bazi(pre-saved) and see what is affecting us. I mean we already felt the effect but it will be nice to just take a look what day and hour it is.

As I said I don't know how difficult it will be but for the reason above, you have to balance the worthiness of your time for such a function.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »
Smaller ones it will be then! : )

For saving charts and stuff - we have the idea of implementing a content management system that will give possibility of people logging in, saving their own charts and questions and eventually it can become very nice, People can save questions and if they want they can share them with other members and the community, also the way they read it etc. So new members can learn with a lot more info then currently is available out there in English.

But its just an idea right now. We are full of ideas and can't say many of them actually get to fruition, so time will tell... XD

Offline Chat time

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »
Whoa... that might turn into a community... nice! I wish you (and your team) all the best and hope to see the completion soon.
Currently I'm using mybazi.com/index.php. It let me select current LP, AP and MP on the chart which is useful. If I need to compare it with a certain day, I would need to open 2 similar page.

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 02:46:56 PM »
I like it. : )
Our app is more for checking if pillar is possible, may get more extensive with time, but someday if I'm confident in all the rules I'm using, until then the simple it is the better.
In that sense its probably better if you stay on that one, I will try to add the 9 pillars, but there is still much missing from a full calculator for any style.  Like the extra pillars for example.
I actually do like the extra pillars(life/conception etc.) and they also seem to have some Shen Sha.

The app here is just for simple stuff so far. If someday we get permision to include a source of Shen Sha from author in my country it can become very extensive and if that happens I will be happy to develop the rest as well. But I doubt it(as we didn't get it when we asked last time for the pc bazi app).

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
The author agreed, so I will work on adding 168 symbolic stars to the site. The description will be very short, though we think something like 1-2 lines. In the book its sometimes 2-3 pages including sometimes references from everything from TCM to Palm Reading... But we agreed on not setting the whole description in, so it will be more related to the calculations. Somewhat sad as the book can't be bought in English, but that is what we have so far.

Considering that the 8 or 9 pillars view will need to wait. In the future maybe. : )

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 11:13:01 AM »
Its ready.
Keep in mind to fully use it you may need the book. It will be out in English later this year(it says it on the website as well).
As there are conditions sometimes, like some of the Stars won't be active always, but since we agreed to include only a few sentences I haven't included that in the description.

Mouse over a star will show short sentences for it from the book.
In the book some of them are very long descriptions(few pages), some of them are very short(only a few sentences). But it is very good book in my view, when it comes to the stars. : )

More pillars in the future, maybe(we are thinking 2 more possibly), will leave it like this for now.
Manually selecting stems/branches work with the stars, so if you are curious there are ways to see how would other pillars look like and stuff.

Enjoy. : )

Offline Dao

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 10:26:20 AM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 11:17:58 AM by Dao »

Offline Gmuli

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 12:18:38 PM »
[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline Dao