Forum > Other Arts of Divination

Da Liu Ren Divination short introduction

(1/4) > >>

The-Monk:
Short introduction what a Da Liu Ren / DLR (大六壬) reading comprises of, for those knowing nothing of DLR.

Da Liu Ren is composed of three parts that make up a "chart" for Divination reading.

These parts are of the "chart" are:
1. The Heaven and Earth Plate/Pan/Map/Formation (天地盤)
2. The Class/Scrolls (四課)
3. The Messages/Transmission/Proclamation/Accouncement (三傳)

The Messages are derived from the Class (using one of 8 models depending on the Class involved).
The Class is derived from the Date (Stem and Branch) of the Divination and by what is on the Heaven and Earth Plate.
The Twelve Deities are located in a specific pattern on the Heaven and Earth Plate; derived from the Date and Hour of the Divination.

Typically the Messages show the passage of time ahead, the ease and difficulty at the success, completion or failure of what has been asked.
Typically the Class shows the current state of the question at hand, what all parties are really thinking of the matter, and what they plan to do after.
The Heaven and Earth Plate is often of little value for common DLR Divination because of the style of DLR that is widely taught.

Advantages of DLR

* Clear defined in what represents the person asking, and what they are asking about. It is impossible for you to not know what to look for during an interpretaion of a Divnation reading. This applies for the bottom two points as well.
* Clear representations of current situation and true feelings and actions that will be taken soon.
* Clear map of how things will progress.
Disadvantages of DLR

* Lengthy to manually plot, resulting in slow readings traditionally.
* Somewhat limited to pre-defined types of questions for those using the widely taught DLR method to maintain accuracy and simplicity baked into DLR system. Questions with uncommon topics or unusual characteristics or topics reduce the level of accuracy from deviating from the foundation for Interpreting used for a DLR reading.
* Widely taught DLR restricts DLR users to one reading per 2 hour period.
* Memorisation of numerous aspects (Deities, their Branch representations, positions, Five Elements, Empty/Void, etc) needed, in order to exceed the details provided by other faster Divination methods. (It is a very steep slope, and many do not get far beyond the beginning to make learning DLR worthwhile)
* Extremely Important: Requires access to current Date and Time.
* Certain core chart production elements are in dispute, resulting in variations of charts despite using the same details of when the Divination was done.
Should you learn DLR?
If you do not have a teacher, or someone who can advise and direct you during your learning, and you do not have access to the material in Chinese, it is not recommended that you learn DLR, simply because the amount of information you must assimilate to get basic accurate Interpretations going is enormous. You would sooner reach a competent level in another Divination method long before you can do the same in DLR otherwise.

Gmuli:
Thanks!

Although plotting is getting easier with modern technologies.
Lately, we are using Liu Yao on the street on our phones and it helps a lot. But I understand and will stay with the other systems for now.

tanpai:

„Questions with uncommon topics or unusual characteristics or topics reduce the level of accuracy from deviating from the foundation for Interpreting used for a DLR reading”
Although this definition applies to any divination  system!
„Widely taught DLR restricts DLR users to one reading per 2 hour period.”
Why is that? You can set de software at any time!
For example, an accident happened yesterday, its time is known, you take it as your basis.
„Memorisation of numerous aspects (Deities, their Branch representations, positions, Five Elements, Empty/Void, etc) needed,  in order to exceed the details provided by other faster Divination methods.”
 Which is the faster divination method???
Those who practice a lot know the decode value in a short time.
„The amount of information you must assimilate to get basic accurate Interpretations going is enormous. You would sooner reach a competent level in another Divination method long before you can do the same in DLR otherwise.”
 I do not know such a fast and comptent method. For example, either Yi Jing or WenWangGua require years of experience.

Gmuli:

--- Quote from: tanpai on November 25, 2019, 03:18:04 PM ---„Widely taught DLR restricts DLR users to one reading per 2 hour period.”
Why is that? You can set de software at any time!

--- End quote ---

In QMDJ we make the map depending on the time the question comes up. There are situations other maps can be used(time of birth, house build date etc.) but its rare.

In that sense, making more then 1 reading in that same 2 hour period has its restrictions. its not impossible, but it requires specific circumstances, like outside source of questions etc
Just reading another situation in the same 2 hour period doesn't seem to be reflected in the maps.  There are many ways people are attempting to do it, but in my experience it doesn't seem to work, so far.
(and I've been on that for many years now)

Since both QMDj and DLR are part of the 三式 it makes sense that DLR maps would work in similar ways. : )

--- Quote ---„The amount of information you must assimilate to get basic accurate Interpretations going is enormous. You would sooner reach a competent level in another Divination method long before you can do the same in DLR otherwise.”
 I do not know such a fast and comptent method. For example, either Yi Jing or WenWangGua require years of experience.
--- End quote ---

True, yet that doesn't mean there can't be more complicated systems.I really like WWG, but if we look at other systems, QMDJ for example has a lot more components interacting together in each part of the map. While it may be easier to read sometimes, as far as complexity goes its much, much more complex. From what we know DLR is even further.

From what I have seen the 三式 seem to be different then the other systems out there. They are more protected, people are more careful with them and overall I can think of many other reason one will avoid writing about them here.
Lets enjoy what we have  accessible in English, I'm happy QMDJ seems to be more open now. I think for the current time this is as good as it gets.

If some big school out there start making very huge seminars about DLR, like it is for QMDJ, I would accept that this is open to the west too now, and will start focusing on that with great joy. Yet pushing too much while we have so many other wonderful systems to perfect can't lead to much good, in my humble opinion.

Summary: I take the topic as a idea of moving away from DLR. I have seen that before in topics like this and I think we should respect it. : )

tanpai:
@Gmuli and The-Monk,
I understand your doubts, but at the same time, I think it is important to examine some examples with two or three methods, what they actually tell us, what they agree with, and how the analyzes differ for each event. In medicine this method is”differential diagnosis.”
For example, it would be exciting to see what DLR, WWG and Yi Jing are writing about an event.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version